Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Theresya

Is the DPS I'm getting decent enough for my i-lvl? (Frost)

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

My mage dinged 100 nearly 2 weeks ago and since then I have tried my best to gear the mage as much as possible. I used to raid on my druid, but I got bored with it and playing mage really has my interest. Loving it.

I have done enough research to know that I should search for Multistrike and Crit/Haste on my gear, but especially Multi, so I am trying to do that.

Right now...I have an item level of 659. In AoE situations I usually pull somewhere between the 30 and 40k without Time Warp/Mirrior Image/any other major cooldown. Single target is somewhere between the 22k and 26k most of the times, depends on the encounter.

Compared to the rest of the raid I'm not even doing that bad (especially considering I only dinged 100 2 weeks ago and never raided with a mage before), but the thing is that the dps I am doing now doesn't seem much different from what I was doing when I only had an item level of 650.

I tried Arcane, but I got even lower numbers with that spec and I dislike it. Also tried Fire and loved it aswell, but I don't have the right item level + stats for it yet. I did get 29k on Furnace LFR, but on other bosses only +-20k. So I am sticking with Frost right now, but I really want to improve. Already tried with other talents, but it doesn't seem to make much of a different.

Rotation-wise I am doing okay. Unfortunately I don't know what else I can change (besides further gear upgrades, especially head+neck) to get better dps. Or is my DPS normal for my item level? What numbers am I supposed to get with my item level? We have two other mages in our raids who have an item level of 670+ and they are around the 26-30k most of the times, so compared to that I'm doing okay, but I just wanted the opinion of fellow mages.

Also...about the tier-set. I know the 2-set and 4-set bonus are awesome, but is it worth to equip them when they don't even have multi on them? Or am I better off to just equip the Chest+Leggings for the multistrike and find the rest manually, as long as they have Multi?

Your dps is a little low for your item level.  I play frost exclusively and at a 666 item level I pull 25k-30k depending on the fight.  Without combat logs it's hard to tell you what might be going wrong.

Side note: don't ever let anyone tell you frost is the weakest spec ;)

Your dps is a little low for your item level.  I play frost exclusively and at a 666 item level I pull 25k-30k depending on the fight.  Without combat logs it's hard to tell you what might be going wrong.

Side note: don't ever let anyone tell you frost is the weakest spec wink.png

It is the weakest spec, however don't let anyone tell you you can't play it. It's perfectly viable but still weaker.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Browed
      I will NOT be using BoS in 7.1.5...  why?
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=132459/perseverance-of-the-ebon-martyr
      Build:
      http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/frost/cj7z
      Basically with the combination of Gathering Storm (extended RW) and fitting more Rime into that time period I'm hoping that my M+ hybrid spec will remain competitive and the sims thus far seem to support the theory.
      If you have the helm too, grats! and look forward to the major increase in it's power with Freezing Fog +30% and Tier 19 based around more Rime and more RP from Rime we should see many viable builds popping up on logs. **Stay with FP for now until you have T19 x 2 - see updated build link ^^
      Why not BoS and Hungering? ... well, I'm looking for big Rime crits and don't fancy the long CD to manage. I also want to remain powerful in M+ which should be the case with this build... I'm pretty sure I can become more useful with Winter is Coming + extended RW... stunning mobs for the whole of PoF uptime.
      Obliteration will be used to maximise rune spam for Gathering Storm.
      Lets hear your thoughts?
    • By Oups
      <Eighty Six> is a Morning / Daytime Raiding Guild on Tanaris 
      Our Current progression is 7/7 M & 3/3 H 
      We raid: Wednesday, Thursday & Monday 8 AM till 11 AM PST
      What we are looking for:
      Heals: (High) R Druid , (Medium) MW Monk & R Shaman  Ranged DPS: (High) Mage & Lock, (Medium) S Priest & Boomkin Melee DPS: (High) Warrior, Pally & Feral, (Medium) Rogue Please add me on B-Tag for more info: Oups#1377 

Good Luck 
    • By bez
      Who we are
      <Hollow> is a semi-hardcore guild created by a group of friends, experienced players, that raided HC together in WOTLK. We reunited and transfered to the same realm to create a guild, or more accurately, a home. We keep a very friendly environment in and out of raids, oftenly joining discord to chat even if we aren't doing anything. Guild activities include but are not limited to mythic dungeons, mythic + and raiding.
      Our goals
      Our current progress is 4/7M and 3/3HC. Our current goal is to down mythic EN to gear up and also prepare for Nighthold!
      What we are looking for
      Recruitment currently closed for Mythic raiding with the exception of 1 Shadow Priest.
      People that want only heroics can join regardless of specs. Socials are still welcome!
      Our raiding schedule
      Our current raiding schedule is 3 raids a week for 3 hours:

Wednesday 8pm to 11pm server time - NH Normal
      Sunday 8pm to 11pm server time - EN Mythic
      Tuesday 8pm to 11pm server time - EN Heroic / ToV Heroic
      The guild is using DKP system
      NOTE: We have added a catch up system for new recruits. When you get past the trial phase and join the ranks as a raider of our guild, you also earn 200 dkp as bonus and when you prove yourself that you are worthy of a core spot, you also get 300 dkp as bonus. We wont leave anyone behind no matter how new while at the same time, drawing a line for our core, active raiders that have been with us since the start.
      Our wowprogress page: http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/twisting-nether/Hollow
      Thank you for taking your time reading through this post. If you have any further questions or if you are interested in joining us, feel free to contact us in game on Solidz, Hotbez or add us on BNET at Solidus#2642, bez#21193.
    • By Leshrac
      Hey! Somebody help me please, Which should I use? 
      Tiny Oozeling Jar  870 ilvl
      Accolade of Victory: (1560 str;1055 Versa) 870ilvl
      Memento of Angerboda 855ilvl
      Nature's Call 850ilvl
      Horn of Valor 855ilvl
      Spiked Counterwight 855ilvl
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Leshrac/simple
      thanks for the help

• By chocoslayer88
      Hey yall! so i'm writing this because i just want to undesrtand something. my friend and i compared numbers today because we are both shadow priests albeit i have a higher ilvl than he does maybe by around 7 im sitting at 863 . 
      what happend was during the last fight we decided to do the same -ish rotations meaing we both had vamp touch and shadow pain up on the same boss at all times.
      at the end of the fight i found something odd,
      his vamp touch dealt 4.99m dmg with max hit at 315 and minimum 
      mine only dealt 3.71 with max hit at 335 but take this in, minimum hit at 17k LOLLL
      another thing that got my attention
      his max hit on mind blast was 512 k, while mine was only at 281k.
      his crit and mastery stands at 20% and 40%, mine at 24% and 42%
      his haste stands at 27 and mine stands at 24
      can anyone explain this? at all? does it make any sense at all LOL