FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Quanial

Gear upgrades with vp

hey

i have been wondering what course is the best to take upgrading my gear. should i spend my vp upgrading my gear with the new upgrade system. or should i buy the items from agent Malley (shieldwall Quartermaster)?

im currently playing disc mainspec with holy as my os

here is a link to my armoury http://eu.battle.net...uanial/advanced

thx in advance

I think it depends. For your rings, you're better off buying one from Agent Malley because it will only cost you 1,250 VP for a level 496 item (as opposed to 1,500 VP for a level 497 item, if you upgrade one of your current rings). For the feet or waist items, you may be better off upgrading, but then you will be stuck at item level 497, while you can reach item level if you buy a new item and then upgrade it twice ;)

• Like 2

I think buying base items with options to upgrade later is the way to go right now. Having the option to upgrade in the future is better than wasting VP now and then perhaps dropping a similar item later on.

The last thing you want to do is upgrade to 497 then the next raid a 496 item drops with similar stats.

The only thing I may consider upgrading is my inv_mace_1h_pandaraid_d_03.jpgKri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the Swarm. At the moment with my progression we won't be seeing the Empress on normal mode anytime soon and I think I will prio the Sha Touched socket over any other 496 drop that may (and probably wont) drop. Upgrading this twice I "think" gives about 400 spell power (which is ok).

But even so I think I will buy some Shieldwall items before then :)

Hope that helps a bit!

• Like 2