FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Decision

Protection Paladin gemming

So as the title says I'm concerned about the gemming strategy you provide here on icy-veins. At first I saw the stat priority and red just as on every other tank that you shouldn't go out your way to gem stamina. Then I look at the gem/enchant page and see that stamina even overrides yellow slots(mastery/haste)I get pretty confused. So please tell me what the proper gemming strategy is.

So as the title says I'm concerned about the gemming strategy you provide here on icy-veins. At first I saw the stat priority and red just as on every other tank that you shouldn't go out your way to gem stamina. Then I look at the gem/enchant page and see that stamina even overrides yellow slots(mastery/haste)I get pretty confused. So please tell me what the proper gemming strategy is.

Hey!

The gemming suggestions, and the stat priorities we give are both accurate. The only inconsistency comes from the fact that we are giving Stamina more value than the paragraph describing it in the stats page would indicate (this mostly applies just to Protection Paladins). We're going to alter the wording there to make it clearer that you actually do want quite sizeable amounts of Stamina. You can feel pretty safe following the gemming we recommend, as well as the stat priorities in general. Sorry for the confusion.