FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
azan

trinket/simcraft question

Hey all,

I have a question regarding trinkets/simcraft and hope someone can give me hint. Up till now i used mythic scales and mythic microaberration, dragonspine and heart of the mountain just didnt want to drop for me. Today i got heart of the mountain hc and since i wasn't sure which trinket to drop, I sim'd them. But surprise surprise: Simcraft tells me that scales + microaberration are best. By a ~1.53 dps difference. So either my Sim is wrong, or just about every BiS list out there. I know that results can vary depending on your actual gear, but a 1.3k DPS difference seems ...much. Here is the outcome (and my armory link, if it's of any use: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/kult-der-verdammten/Azan/simple):

zL8GU83.png

As for Simcraft i use the latest version and kept pretty much everything the same. I ticket all buffs and scaling factors (except latency), increased iterations to 100000 and kept the fight length at 450 as well as the default patchwerk fight.

For comparing items i used the following at the end of the script:

copy=scales_vs_heart

trinket1=beating_heart_of_the_mountain,id=113931,bonus_id=566

copy=micro_vs_heart

trinket2=beating_heart_of_the_mountain,id=113931,bonus_id=566

So can anyone tell me off of this if my sim is accurate, or where i might have messed up? I'd really appreciate it. If additional information is required I'd gladly provide it. I mean all that joy over a new trinket... i'm not not gonna give up that fast ^^

You're saying both trinkets are BHoM, since in the first copy you said that trinket1 is BHoM, and then in the second you said trinket2 is BHoM without saying that trinket1 is CMA.  What you need to do is as such:

//End of your profile
trinket1=captive_micro_abberation,/* ID and Bonus ID of your equipped one*/
trinket2=scales_of_doom,/* ID and Bonus ID of your equipped one */

copy=scales_vs_heart
trinket1=beating_heart_of_the_mountain, id=113931,bonus_id=566

copy=micro_vs_heart
trinket1=captive_micro_abberation,/* ID and Bonus ID of your equipped one*/
trinket2=beating_heart_of_the_mountain, id=113931,bonus_id=566

This logic holds true if you do any sort of mass gear checking and use the copy= command in simc, you have to tell each copy what is different from the one above it, and you have to be careful about it as well sometimes.

• Like 1

Hey thanks a bunch for your reply. I sim'd again using the following:

//End of my profile:

trinket1=scales_of_doom,id=113612,bonus_id=565/567,gems=50mastery
trinket2=captive_microaberration,id=113853,bonus_id=567

copy=scales_vs_heart

copy=micro_vs_heart

Resulting in:

o5Yc1ml.png

That's still ~1k DPS over a trinket that should be BiS. I'm sorry if I'm annoying you with this, but I'm just really unsure whether this can be correct. Can you confirm that this just might be true for my specific gear, or is more likely that I screwed up somewhere?

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by azan

Hey thanks a bunch for your reply. I sim'd again using the following:

//End of my profile:

trinket2=captive_microaberration,id=113853,bonus_id=567

copy=scales_vs_heart

copy=micro_vs_heart

Resulting in:

o5Yc1ml.png

That's still ~1k DPS over a trinket that should be BiS. I'm sorry if I'm annoying you with this, but I'm just really unsure whether this can be correct. Can you confirm that this just might be true for my specific gear, or is more likely that I screwed up somewhere?

Thanks again for your help.

Make sure that in the APL that you have the following line after actions=auto_shot

actions+=/use_item,name=beating_heart_of_the_mountain

Thank you!

I think was the problem. Since brf items increased by 5 ilvl's in the meantime I am not 100% sure, but after sim'ing with with the "use_item..." line the results are more in line with what BiS lists suggest. Just to make sure i did a sim without the line and results where close to what i had seen before.

Without said line of code:

(I messed up with the description btw.: "scales_vs_heart" is actually scales WITH heart..ect.)

u5ONz2B.png

With said line of code (shoud be the correct one):

PHUriil.png

So thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and the little simcraft crash course wink.png

On that note: can you tell me which fight length you would suggest? I left it to default, but just because I don't know better.

Edited by azan