FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Cheap Tempo Mage Wild

Aggro is hard to play, there's a higher than average chance you're just not making good decisions. I've considered replacing this deck with a more value based "standard" build, since the Cheap decks are obviously aimed at newer players, and newer players generally can't play Aggro well and can struggle with this deck.

Great deck that mage,now i have played maybe 50 games with him ,and easy hited rank 17-need few games and i easy hit rank 15 (what is minepriority... 

I want ask the admin,or Sootle i can add to deck good cards ... (i have cleared naxramas  -only naxramas) and i got lot of better cards,but dont want destruct this super deck-only maybe i can upgrade them with:
2unstable portals,fallen hero,dalaran aspirant,ancient mage or coldara drake ?
what u can hlp me ? what add and what cards down? 

i see can use 2x Duplicate+2x mad scienist for 2x arcane misiles + 2x snow churger ...
and what u more can help me? with few cheap better cards? 

(i play only second season and first i use deathrable mage deck from naxxramas-and was happy to finish 15rank) 

Thaaaank you for any answer smile.png and for pretty easy cheap deck.

For now stats with that cheap mage deck: after 3 days playing .... 

30:26   (with original cards)
11:18   ( when i change  -1x Arcane golem and -1x Arcane Missiles    add +2x unstable portal) 
4:8       (-2x arcane missiles -2x snow churger  add +2x mad scienist +2xmirror entity ) 

i dunno what to do,bcs only with original deck i got good starting cards (maybe its all about luck or some) but when i somethink change my starting cards are wery bad... i replace them and draw worst other (for start) ... like in first rounds i draw both secrets,or some like that... few matches win for me unstable portal-but few matches was better when i got arcane golem with charge and finish opponent... 

For now stats with that cheap mage deck: after 3 days playing .... 

30:26   (with original cards)

11:18   ( when i change  -1x Arcane golem and -1x Arcane Missiles    add +2x unstable portal) 

4:8       (-2x arcane missiles -2x snow churger  add +2x mad scienist +2xmirror entity ) 

i dunno what to do,bcs only with original deck i got good starting cards (maybe its all about luck or some) but when i somethink change my starting cards are wery bad... i replace them and draw worst other (for start) ... like in first rounds i draw both secrets,or some like that... few matches win for me unstable portal-but few matches was better when i got arcane golem with charge and finish opponent... 

Portal isn't an aggressive card - it is a tempo card. You should play it only in Tempo mage and, of course, gimmicky mage decks, such as the mage version of Randuin Wrynn.

Arcane Missiles are a cheap spell that trigger Mana Wyrm and also mean 3 damage in one mana. Snow Chugger allows you to trigger Ice Lances, and those are 4 damage in one card. 

All of the cards were chosen for their aggressive potential and you should swap them only if you desperately need a specific card.

Positiv2 - thank you for help.. i go back to basic deck and make some better score-now i get down to rank 20-bcs i test that portals and other card changes...

A ty si ozaj z CR? vidim,ze si si teraz upravil profil-mozme pisat aj nasim jazykom ci? biggrin.png

Guest TeK

Hello there,

I've been trying this deck since it's basically the only playable option I found for mage that does not include an Archmage or some other expensive cards tongue.png

Since I didn't want to use dust for this, I've made a few adjustments to make up for my limited number of cards:

- 1 Abusive Sergeant / + 1 Thalnos (since I've gotten him in a pack, might as well use it)

- 2 Leper Gnomes / + 1 Argent Squire, + 1 Elven Archer

- 1 Arcane Golem / + 1 Argent Rider

And yeah I'm using the Mad Scientists with 1 Mirror Entity / 1 Counterspell.

It's running already fine this way, but I've had a hard time catching up in cards once I've emptied my hand. I think this is mainly because I got only one Jeeves... So I have two questions:

- What could be a suitable replacement for the missing Jeeves?
- I was considering adding 2 x Loat Harder in place of 1 x Argent Squire / 1 x Elven Archer but then I'm running quite low on 1-mana minions, does it really matter?

Thanks for your lights smile.png

Thalnos doesn't fit the deck that much. Not recommended swap. Add more burn cards.

All of the missing cards can be used in different decks and therefore it is a wise investment to make.

You could use a Loot Hoarder in the place of the second Jeeves.

Guest Jonesy

I like the deck!

What are your thoughts on replacing the Abusive Sergeant with an extra Owl?  I seem to be running into a lot of Taunt cards lately.

BTW... I almost beat a secret paladin deck, was just one fireball away, was mining hard with my jeeves, just wasn't turning up.

Guest Tshampagne

Okay, this deck is completely useless. I run out of cards at turn 4 and then I'm just getting slaughtered topdecking shit.

Okay, this deck is completely useless. I run out of cards at turn 4 and then I'm just getting slaughtered topdecking shit.

Go face more. Also, that's why you have Arcane Intellects and Jeeves, so you don't run out of cards that quickly.

With standard mode coming and removing 2x Jeeves and 2x Snowchugger,

would 2x Coldlight Oracle, 1x Loot Hoarder and 1x Water Elemental be good replacements?

would 2x Coldlight Oracle, 1x Loot Hoarder and 1x Water Elemental be good replacements?

We don't know the cards to be released in the next expansion. I would wait and see what it will have in store for aggro mages before making any changes.

I made an account just to post this. This deck sucks. I liked it at first but it has thousands of counters. It is absolutely useless, and I wish I didn't waste the dust on it. I can get a win every once in a while but I have to get a perfect opening draw. Hunters will out face you because you have zero AoE. Hell every other class can just throw a few taunts down and you're screwed. Don't even get me started on Reno Jackson, every time I blow someone down they just drop that.  I haven't been able to get below 18. If I were you I would just skip this deck and save your dust. 

Guest Caddage

I've been thinking along these lines as well, but I went in a different direction. I have already replaced 1 arcane missiles and 1 ice lance with 2 forgotten torch. I replaced the 2x snowchugger with 2x dire wolf alpha, which has worked really well (GREAT synergy with mirror image). Jeeves was harder to replace. I swapped him for 2x acolyte of pain, making sure to pop him with my hero power to guarantee at least 2 cards. It's a bit slow, but hopefully the new expansion will have a better option.

Guest Guizaleen

Hello i got this question. Would polymorph boar be useful as well as secrets like iceblock. Sottle help me please. I have mad scientist and iceblock can save my life as well as polymorph boar can replace your weak minions with a fully charge 4.3 Huffer

Hello i got this question. Would polymorph boar be useful as well as secrets like iceblock. Sottle help me please. I have mad scientist and iceblock can save my life as well as polymorph boar can replace your weak minions with a fully charge 4.3 Huffer

Iceblock will most of the times only delay the inevitable loss. On the other hand, Poly:Boar can work both as a finisher and as a taunt removal. I think one could go in place of Owl.

Guest Angry Grumpy Guy

This deck isnt work at all for me. Was rank 18 (no big deal) and dropped all the way down to 20

This deck isnt work at all for me. Was rank 18 (no big deal) and dropped all the way down to 20

It is the beginning of the season. Wait a couple of days and try the deck again.

Guest Rumbo

This deck is really bad. Please post a better cheap deck. The basic beck is better than this.

This deck is really bad. Please post a better cheap deck. The basic beck is better than this.

This deck's strategy is very different from the one of the basic mage. I believe you make many misplays. It's played similarly to face shaman, so you can watch a video of that deck to see the general strategy.

Yeah, it's no surprise to see that this deck, which is the most straight up Aggro deck out of the Cheap decks gets the most hate, where as the others that are more standard midrangey decks general get appreciated more. It's almost like Aggro is hard :P

• Like 1

Guest Sa-ti dau muie

Worst deck EVER !!! I can't even beat classic decks !!!!! ! Delete it please !!! 

Worst deck EVER !!! I can't even beat classic decks !!!!! ! Delete it please !!! 

Apparently I will have to start using "mad cuz bad" more often. I challenge you to 1v1 me, you take any basic deck, I take this deck and we will see if it truly is "the worst deck EVER". Until that, please stick to constructive criticism. 

Guest burstmage

I think this is the best cheap deck out there. It took me from rank 18 to 14 in a couple of hours. But ofc it is a cheap deck and has some room for improvement. But the listed swaps you can do are fairly limited and the jump to a "full cost mage deck"  is huuge so i wonder what small changes one can do with craftable cards if you had say an extra 500 dust.

Some cards I'm thinking about swaping are wolfrider, abusive sergeant, leper gnome.

Guest Knightgoose88

This deck is killing it for me in play mode. I have a very high win rate probably 6.5/10 games. A lot of those are rage quitters, so it is amusing to play as well. I did the mad scientist/mirror entity swap, and I also swapped in s shade of Nax and Unstable portal (for fun) for a wolfrider and arcane golem. I could probably swap the wolf back in for the unstable portal, but I am happy with the shade staying in the deck.