FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Cheap Paladin Wild

I wouldn't replace Muster for Battle, because it interacts very nicely with other cards you will want to include in the deck in the short term, such as Knife Juggler or Intendant. I also find the 1/4 weapon quite useful to do some cleaning after minion exchange, in my experience.

EDIT: What I would definitely include is 2x Murloc Knight, replacing some other 4-mana minions. I've been testing them in my paladin midrange deck and they're completely worth. The worst thing they can summon is a 1/2 murloc, which is already better than a Silverhand Recruit.

Edited by Guest

Guest Berbaldo

Wouldn't be nice to include the new TGT silver hand regent and warhorse trainer? 

I did 2 x Silver hand Regent for 1 x Argent Protector and 1 x Shattered Sun Cleric and
1 x Warhorse Trainer for 1 x Blessing of Kings (because I had 2 on this deck)

Sure that's good. It takes it outside my budget restriction for these "Cheap" defined deck though, I have to make some sacrifices somewhere :)

Guest gagurass

i feel like removing cult master kills a lot of the draw power this deck had before

It does, but honestly card draw is somewhat over valued as a function in Hearthstone in terms of "fair" decks (Decks that are just trying to curve out, gain board control, play for value etc.). If your curve is built well enough, you don't really need too much card draw. Murloc Knight is just so much higher power level than Cult Master. 

Guest Eugene

What are the best 6 drops for this deck and why did you removed Cultist instead of Dark Iron Dwarf?smile.png  Its seems that Cultist can provide a lot of card draws with Muster for Battle and murlocs.

What are the best 6 drops for this deck and why did you removed Cultist instead of Dark Iron Dwarf?smile.png  Its seems that Cultist can provide a lot of card draws with Muster for Battle and murlocs.

Already answered this to an an extent above. Card draw is not as important as people think it is with a good curve. Efficiency on the board is way more important. The Dark Iron Dwarf to help any of those small tokens you talk about fight for the board is much better than just drawing cards with them, much higher tempo too.

Guest Daniel

I cant reach even 18th rank and you are saying 8-10 with this deck... What a schame.. 1k of dust is gone..

I cant reach even 18th rank

No, YOU can't.

Now recognising that the fault is yours and not with the deck is the first step to improving as a player and getting better results.

Guest Pandamonium

I took an even further reduced vesion of this deck, missing two Muster for Battle (a very core card) and an Aldor Peacekeeper and still made it to Rank 14 in the first week of the season. I've since finished the deck and swapped in some cards and just hit Rank 12.  I'll probably hit Rank 10 by the end of the season. I just beat an 8,000+ Dust Dragon Priest deck that got a perfect starting hand. (Twilight Whelp Turn 1 -> Wymrest Agent Turn 2 -> Coin Twilight Drake Turn 3). Used all my Peacekeepers/Consecrate/Equalities, died some good trading and snowballed the board with Murloc Knight to get past Sylvanas, Chillmaw and Ragnaros in the late game. This deck is really flexible and is a great foundation that can support a myriad of cards. The base version worked well for me and I have a couple variations with more TGT cards that work great.

That being said, here's my current subs.

Guardian of Kings x2 -> Master Jouster and Antique Healbot

Both have worked really well VS Aggro and in mirror matchs. Healbot has won me a ton of games against Face Hunter where GoK would've been too slow; same with Jouster. I’d consider replacing Jouster with Sunwalker if I had her. Consistency vs +1/+1.

Argent Protector x1 -> Knife Juggler

Comboes with Muster, doesn't rely on having a board already.

Shattered Sun Cleric, Stormwind Champion -> Earthen Ring Farseer, Warhorse Trainer

Sun Cleric can make a minion trade up and is better on Minibot while Farseer can let a bigger drop eat a smaller drop without getting damaged, making it better against Aggro. Also if I get a bad starting hand, it’s much better. Cleric dies to popular one drops and needs another minion, while at worst Farseer heals me and eats a two drop. Two Stormwind seemed too slow for all the Aggro at my current rank. I lost a couple games where I drew both Stormwinds early.

Coin -> Muster into Warhorse lets the tokens trade up for two drops, which has actually won me two games so far. On curve he can eat a 3/2 and something else. He’s alright; not sure if I should just replace him with a Harvest Golem or something. I like that I never see anyone else using him.

Acolyte of Pain -> Silverhand Regent

If I’m stuck playing Acolyte on curve, he usually gets eaten by a 2 Drop. So I cycle a card and lose my turn while the enemy gets a free 3/1. Not sure what to use instead. Regent has won me games before. Her extra tokens have saved me against Sylvanas. She’s good at baiting out removal and silence (at least at Rank 12…) before Murloc Knight/Frostwolf come out and lets me get decent value for my mana (1/1 x2 for 2) without losing card advantage and over extending. I like that she can double as a 5/5 five drop that snowballs if left alive.

I have the following cards, not sure whether or not to include them or where (reasoning):

Harvest Golem (Kind of slow.)
Direwolf Alpha (Bad on its own, dies to 1 drops.)
Divine Favor (Usually this deck is too slow for it.)
Gadgetzan Jouster (Topdecking this guy sucks less than Chow, but if he loses Joust he gets eaten for free on curve.)
Loot Hoarder (Dies to small breezes. Good card cycle if it can kill a 3/2.)
Haunted Creeper (Very slow. Aggro just ignores it. Works with Juggler though.)
Argent Horserider (Often kills a 2 drop and dies to a ping. Not bad, not great.)
Mind Control Tech (If they have 4 minions, it’s usually already too late.)

Cult Master (Good card draw but fighting for the 4 mana slot.)
Armored Warhorse (Dies to 2 drops and Frostbolt/Darkbomb, etc.)
Maiden of the Lake (Decent effect but slow. Infuriating Shadow Priest target.)
Mechanical Yeti (As good as Chillwind but with RNG.)
Silver Hand Knight (Solid 5 drop until a Yeti eats the 4/4 on an empty board or you get Flamestriked.)
North Sea Kraken (Too big for Mid-Range… though gives some reach.)

I’ll be getting Sludge Belchers and Loatheb soon. I’ve had good results with Frostwolf and Azure Drake, though I guess they’re less consistent. After that I'd like to get a Quarter Master but I'm not sure what to replace. Probably the Warhorse Trainer (Originally Stormwind) slot, right?

Guest Atrux

I find this updated deck hella fun! So many possibilities to turn the game around in your favor, and you‘re not dependent on that one certain drop to turn it. Thanks!

Guest Darko

This is the words deck by far , have you player lvl 17-16-16 , all the face hunter , mech mages rape this deck.

If u have gods luck to put perfect draw,still its a bad deck.

Players on that levels  have legendary decks , you have better chance to win lotto then get lvl 10-8 with this deck.

This is the words deck by far , have you player lvl 17-16-16 , all the face hunter , mech mages rape this deck.

If u have gods luck to put perfect draw,still its a bad deck.

Players on that levels  have legendary decks , you have better chance to win lotto then get lvl 10-8 with this deck.

You compare a budget deck played by a low rank unskilled player to a really strong aggro/midrange deck. Also, you said you faced only hunter and you say this decks loses to Mech Mage. 

This deck can beat full budget decks with a bit of skill and can get you to rank 12 (sort of) easily, not sure about the 10-8 though. 

If you gave me more specific information, that would make it easier for me to help you.

Guest Questioner

I like the deck a lot, but I was just wondering if I could afford to run a taunt or two in the deck? If you think I could what taunts would I use and what cards would I replace. I was thinking replacing an argent protector for a defender of argus. If u want to know I have all of the cards on the original list but already replaced one argent protector with a knife juggler.

The cost is not really 1000 : equality 100,  2 muster for battle 300 dust , aldor peackepeer x2  500 dust and 1 azure drake 600 dust , assuming this is a TGT deck shielded minibot should be already in your cards and murlock knight  cost is 40 wich means 80 dust  for 2 so   the cost its 680 for those who don't have the GVG cards like shredder and shielded minibot it's not even near to 1000 

The cost is not really 1000 : equality 100,  2 muster for battle 300 dust , aldor peackepeer x2  500 dust and 1 azure drake 600 dust , assuming this is a TGT deck shielded minibot should be already in your cards and murlock knight  cost is 40 wich means 80 dust  for 2 so   the cost its 680 for those who don't have the GVG cards like shredder and shielded minibot it's not even near to 1000

The deck does cost 1000 dust. 6 rares = 600 dust

Equality, 2x Muster, 2x Aldor, Azure Drake

10 commons = 400 dust 

2x Argent Protector, 2x Shielded Minibot, 2x Murloc Knight, Owl, Acolyte, 2x Shredder

400+600=1000

Guest Arthur

Hi!

I made this deck, and reached 14th level somehow, with some help. I played some time at that level and then dropped to 17th)

Well, anyway, I started to craft aggro low budget deck. Can I include some cards from the deck into that.

I don't have Black Mountain, and not full Naxx (except last two blocks).

Or it's better to try reach maximum of current deck?

Thx!

Hi!

I made this deck, and reached 14th level somehow, with some help. I played some time at that level and then dropped to 17th)

Well, anyway, I started to craft aggro low budget deck. Can I include some cards from the deck into that.

I don't have Black Mountain, and not full Naxx (except last two blocks).

Or it's better to try reach maximum of current deck?

Thx!

If you mean improving this deck or building the aggro pally deck, I recommend the latter. If you wanted to improve this deck, you should try Midrange Paladin. You can also try Secret Paladin. The Aggro version is quite cheap and strong as well.

The deck does cost 1000 dust. 6 rares = 600 dust

Equality, 2x Muster, 2x Aldor, Azure Drake

10 commons = 400 dust 

2x Argent Protector, 2x Shielded Minibot, 2x Murloc Knight, Owl, Acolyte, 2x Shredder

400+600=1000

Opps I forgot about owl and accolyte

Guest Howlk

Just wanted to say thank you for this great Deck. As a fairly new player without the will to buy card packs i was overwhelmed by the power this deck inhabits.

After swapping out all the suggested cards from the adventures i managed to have a great run and went from 19 to 15 for the first time ever with only 1 loss.

Guest Justin

Hi there. This is an awesome Cheap deck. Kudos to you, Master Sottle. I've reached Rank 15, and I'm steadily climbing. This is what I have right now:

1x Zombie Chow

1x Equality

1x Argent Protector

1x Ironbeak Owl

2x Shielded Minibot

2x Muster for Battle

1x Seal of Champions

1x Aldor Peacekeeper

2x Truesilver Champion

1x Blessing of Kings

2x Consecration

1x Cult Master

2x Keeper of Uldaman

1x Murloc Knight

2x Piloted Shredder

1x Solemn Vigil

1x Azure Drake

1x Quartermaster

2x Sludge Belcher

1x Boulderfist Ogre

2x Guardian of Kings

1x Kel'Thuzad

Anyway, I have a few questions:

1) I'm nearing 500 dust (I'm terrible in Arena, so it took awhile to amass that), so I'm close to being able to buy a Legendary. Are there any I can put in this deck to make it stronger, and if so, what should I replace?

2) Why is Acolyte of Pain preferred over Cult Master? I know you said card draw isn't as important as many think, but if one is aiming for drawing good cards, they should draw as many as possible, right? I feel Cult Master has a higher likelihood to draw far more cards than Acolyte of Pain, especially on a crowded board.

3) Why isn't Seal of Champions in the deck? I find it to be a very helpful card and one that works very well with the others, so I'm curious if it has a drawback I'm missing.

These questions aren't directed solely toward Sottle; if anyone else has any advice, feel free to tell me. Thank you!

Guest Justin

Disregard point number one; I forgot that Legendaries required 1600 dust.