Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vezah

How to deal with combat 4 set god procs?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I have a few questions about how to go about the combat 4 set procs. I'm currently ilvl 691 and have been doing well as combat, but I feel like there is more to the 4 set.

It happens quite often that I get 3-5 4set procs in a row, which inevitably will cause me to energy cap. I play with Anticipation to handle my insight level better. 

Situation 1: I'm at 5 CPs and 5 Anticipation stacks, advanced into stage 3 shallow insight, I cast eviscerate and proc the 4 set so I am back at the same amount of CPs and anticipation stacks, however now my energy is close to capping / capped and my next eviscerate will surely waste energy. 

Do I cast sinister strike, and waste energy and potential 2 combo points to advance to moderate insight, or do I eviscerate until I'm able to cast sinister strike again to dump some energy?

Situation 2: I have 5 CPs, 3 anticipation stacks, and sitting at level 3 moderate insight. I sinister strike to gain deep insight, proc the extra combo point, and now have full CPs, and full anticipation stacks. Killing spree has 20sec left on cd, I hit eviscerate twice, proc 4 set each time, so now KS came off CD, I still have all my CPs and all anticipation stacks AND I'm energy capped. Do I killing spree despite being energy capped, or do I eviscerate as often as possible, and then hit killing spree? what if the next 2 eviscerates proc the 4 set too?

I can't count on god procs, but if it happens, that would be 40 seconds I could shave off my next killing spree cd.

it just seems like so much energy goes to waste. 

thoughts? I really appreciate any feedback and answers.

1) Evis. The damage is higher, and a small bit of wasted energy isn't the end of the world so long as your gcd's are full. 

2) Evis twice, KS, then deal with procs. Delaying KS is worse than capping energy, and saving any procs for after the cast allows for immediate reduced cooldown.

The only exception to the second one would be if there's some kind of boss mechanic that makes it a bad idea to KS at that time, but this is always a rule

Thanks for the reply Carrn

I have another question regarding situation 1: what If I'm at level 3 of moderate insight instead of shallow? Would that one sinister strike to push into deep insight  be a dps gain since I will get 2 guaranteed eviscerates with a higher dmg buff off? If its a dps loss, is it dramatic? 

very much appreciate your time to look over this!

Going up an Insight level will almost always be a dps increase, even at the loss of a cp or two.