FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Czaan

Top Raiding Spec?

Ive been gone for a few months, and I am getting ready to come back to the game. Can someone fill me in and tell me which spec is best for raiding currently?  

Thanks guys/gals! 

Demonology can be your one size fits all spec.

Single Target you'll want to run Demonic Servitude along with Grimoire of Service and Archimondes Darkness. Every two minutes you should line up the additional Service Doomguard with Dark Soul. This will be your main burn phase, and you should line up 800+ Fury and 8+ stacks of Molten Core so you can chain cast Soul Fire in Metamorphosis into your target.

For cleave and AoE, you'll want to run Cataclysm with Grimoire of Synergy and Archomonde's Darkness. Glyph of Dark Soul is an option here. On fights with lots of burst AoE available each minute, save up 2+ stacks of HoG and unleash Cata + 3x Chaos Wave into the pack. For more drawn out AoE you can stack HoG on the adds and also stand in melee (encounter mechanics permitting) and use Immolation Aura and Hellfire. Some fights, despite having burst AoE windowns, might still prefer unglyphed Dark Soul. Flamebender Ka'graz being one such example.

Hope that helps. For an idea of how to approach some encounters, feel free to check out my youtube channel below. 

Wow! Thanks for the info.  You can bet Ill be checking your channel out.  Is the rotation difficult to master?

Not really, but between the two builds and the interplay of Glyph of Dark Soul, it can be a lot of information to take in, and a lot of decision making to be made on the fly.

Best thing you can do is practice, practice, practice.