FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S18 Hearthstone Tempo Mage GVG

Guest Stauffe

I really like this deck. I replaced kezan mystic with arcane intellect, because it's better to keep your hand full than to take the enemy secret (which I barely get a chance to anyway). I also replaced sylvanas with flamestrike. I don't have her, and flamestrike has great synergy with this deck.

Guest dean

Does this version have a budget variant? I mean in other builds you can cut legendaries and you loos much on power, but it doesn't affect entire concept. But this looks like it can't function without all those legendaries, even if you replace them with high value cheaper cards. Am I right on this? Or maybe you can play mid-late game without legendaries as long as you keep on mind it is going to be less pwoerfull?

Yeah, that's a fair assessment, it's pretty difficult to have enough power in the deck if you don't have the finishers, you can put some cheaper power cards in like Piloted Sky Golem, or more midrange like Spectral Knights, but it'll probably suffer quite heavily.

Guest Guest

im currently using sneeds as a substitute for boom(i have all the other cards listed).do you think theres a better replacement available for him that isnt a legendary card?

Guest prophet13

I have some initial success with this deck. Great work Sottle! I tried replacing Rag with Magylos with some success, as it has some synergy with the cheap spells. 

Thanks

P

Guest raiksey

If this deck is designed to be mulliganned for Mana Wyrm and Mad Scientist then why does it run Zombie Chow?

Guest Arisuke

Why does it say you can swap Azure Drake with Bomb lobber if there is no Azure Drake?

Why does it say you can swap Azure Drake with Bomb lobber if there is no Azure Drake?

I can't really understand this question. You just can, because it gives you tempo by sacrificing consistency. As it is also written in the guide. I mean, the explanation is already there, that's why I don't understand the comment.

The only way I can read that is that he thinks there's no Drakes in the original list. There are, two of them.

Guest NantukoMentor

Could you fit in Antonidas and would you?

Guest chrispytoes

An amazing addition to this deck that I have found was to replace the 2 Azure Drakes with 2 Grim Patrons. Massive board control in the mid-late game from just hitting it with your hero power.

Guest NantukoMentor

After BRM I started facing more control and fewer aggro, so I changed around the deck a bit. I took out 1 mana wyrm and the zombie chow, took out the sorcerers apprentices and the azure drakes. I added a flame strike and polymorph (since I'm facing control), a bomb lobber (as you suggested in swaps, this works so well in this deck), emperor thaurissan for the other drake (maybe I'm falling prey to thinking this card is good in every deck, but it has helped me win a few games) and two acolyte of pains. The extra body of the acolytes isn't much but is good vs hunters when I do face them and with the mage hero ability I find I get more use out of it than I would with arcane intellect for the same card draw mechanic, and since I took out the drakes I needed something.

Overall this seems to be the most fun deck in the current meta, thank you for giving me the body of the deck, pretty new to the game and your guides have been invaluable. Would like feedback if you don't mind to know if I'm going in the right direction with my swaps. So far have gone from 25 to 10 on ladder but not sure if it'll hold up against more quality opponents.

I can't speak specifically about those changes without trying it myself since it's a very drastic change, but if your target is to aim more at Control, then those changes certainly make sense.

Guest Therianek

Which card can replace ragnaros? Unfortunately I don't have him :/ Thank you! smile.png

Any other big, impactful card, or hard to deal with card like Piloted Sky Golem. Basically if you remove Sylvanas, you will need another big threat at the top of the curve.

Guest Jay

Are we going to get a post BRM list? Thanks so much

Guest X_Crimson_X

I included a flamestrike instead of Boom and Thaurissan instead of sylvanas because i do not currently have access to the said legendaries. Is this a suitable pick? Thanks in advanced.

Sign in to follow this