Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nerghal

Soul Fire timing

5 posts in this topic

I've recently swapped from Affliction to Demonology as main spec and still in the process of fully mastering the spec.

One thing I noticed though is that the general consensus is to save up Molten Core stacks for CD's / Procs. At this point recommendation is to enter Metamorphosis and start Soul Fire spam. I am probably overlooking something here, but why is it recommended to swap to Metamorphosis for this? As far as I can see Soul Fire is unaffected by Metamorphosis, or am I wrong?

Edited by Nerghal

My bad, I just figured out that mastery increases your damage more while in Metamorphosis, so that was the missing piece really... had overlooked this as nothing about damage increase was in the description of Metamorphosis itself.

Yeah indeed. Not so easy to understand how everything interplays at first so glad you sorted it. Yes you should be using MC procs on stacks buttttttt be aware though that not all procs are created equal. As your probably know already DS is major and should have the most respect for your SF usage. 

Yes, I take it that swapping on a good proc makes the Goren Soul Repository the better trinket for demo despite the fact that haste is a better secondary (which would implicate Darmac's being the preferred trinket).

It is still a lot to juggle, but getting there :-)

Added some weakaura's to keep more visibly track of DS so I can build up MC stacks by the time it goes off CD.

Well my first question is who says haste is a better secondary (for Demo)? Though I do think that a certain level of haste is needed for fury gain/overall dps output. However, with decent gear on BRF fights there often comes a time when you swim in in fury and end up spending a lot of time spamming ToC as there are no more spare MC procs. Haste I gather is almost worthless for ToC and it's not so hot for chain casting SFs either. Yeah you will get more off in a shorter amount of time but you are usually limited on either MC or trinket procs anyhow. 

So yes basically I am one of the people that believe that after mastery it is better to have a balance of stats. This is just a personal opinion and I have nothing to back this up nor do I have a nice balance of stats anyway either.

Ok, I went really off on a tangent there biggrin.png So back to the trinkys. The static Int on DuT is very nice but I really do not like rppm's of haste and a crit proc is much better for dumping fury. So yes overall I will prefer to go BMC and GSR but whether that happens it is a different matter! Again though this is personal opinion and I have seen some sims that say DuT is very slightly stronger and people who prefer that trinket. 

Another thing not to forget is your legendary ring proc. It is pretty strong and should also have attention.

Edited by spikeysquad

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Penguin
      Hey everyone, I wanted to asked about what the most approved strategy for Hellfire Assault in Hellfire Citadel, more specifically on Heroic. I've been doing it using Affliction, but I've noticed that my numbers have been pretty subpar in comparison to the rest of my team as well as in comparison to the rest to the raid bosses.
      After looking around and thinking about the problem, it seems like going Destro w/ Charred Remains would be the best strategy for this fight, but I have a couple questions:

1. While this would probably be the best way to rock the DPS meters, how do you play it? Spam Chaos Bolt on key targets, or use Fire and Brimstone and go crazy on all the adds? It seems like it would be pretty easy to pull great numbers without actually being that helpful using that strategy.

2. Would using Fire and Brimstone screw over the raid by activating the Gorebound Felcaster's Metamorphosis without actually killing them? That's the difficulty our team has been having.

In essence, I have very little experience with the Charred Remains while using Fire and Brimstone style of playing, and am not sure of how to adapt with each fight (especially this one). If anyone has any specific advice, or knows where to get it, I'd really appreciate it.    
    • By Kafqa
      Hey guys, I'm looking for help to improve my DPS in our Mythic Raid. Last night I felt like I was underperforming much. I especially look for advice for my Single Target Damage.

All Bosses on Mythic: 
      http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9554383/latest#boss=0

Gruul Fight:
      http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vD17AWCh2kcmzK9r#fight=57&type=damage-done

In comparison with my Heroic-Kills I felt like I was really doing bad:
      http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9554383/latest#boss=0

Thanks!
    • By Vomitory
      So I am not very good at reading logs, I simply just get confused trying to figure it all out, so I'm hoping maybe one of you would be willing to break this down for me like you're talking to a 5th grader.

So, Eyeball (me) cannot seem to keep up with my guildie Spingy, however according to our armories, I'm only one item level lower. However, looking at the logs I'm about to post, he kicked my ass shamefully. This is just one sloppy kill of Flamebender on mythic, but it's a good example of the average difference between he and I.

So, logs:

Eyeball: Mythic Flamebender Ka'graz
      Spingy: Mythic Flamebender Ka'graz

You can see on our kill that I wasn't even close in DPS, and I really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm hoping someone can give me some feedback on what to do (or not to do) to pull my numbers up.
    • By blumist
      Hey guys, firstly i want to thank you forlooking and adding any helpful comments about this topic. i am 8/8 gold on my main and my friends want to go on alts and i just got my lock to 100 for it but don't know much about best spec's and stats for it are.

I have seen destro being most popular, can anyone help with best stats and talents for cm's?
    • By Swagsurfer
      Hey Guys. After the recent nerf to demonbolt, i feel like everything changed for me. I'm still trying to adapt to using demonic fury without having DS up (which is hard for me for some reason). Do you just launch a few Soul fires while i form from like 950 fury to 500 fury and then back to regening?

Also my opener is fucked up

I prepot, precast Soul fire,  HoG, corruption, Grimoire: doomguard, darksoul, Shard of nothing, HoG, meta morph, doom, spam soul fire if procs, else touch of chaos.

Then back to spamming shadow bolt untill i have a bunch of fury and molten core procs, then into form and launch them, with cooldowns if ready/appropiate, and then back to spamming shadowbolt and HoG

Do you ever Chaos wave single target if the target isnt going to die before HoG dot can tick out?

tyvm

Swagsurfer