FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Darich

A couple prot warrior questions

Here's my warrior

1) I have 3 trinkets: the ones equipped and mythic Pol's Blinded Eye. Which should I use?

I feel like BRF trinkets are superior, but that 20 sec mastery bonus...

2)When I'll come across mythic weps, is the crit\mult one worth it or Butchers crit\mastery is still BiS?

3)What should be my off-set piece? There are off-set crit\mastery chest and gloves, so I'm curious if set gloves or chest is worth keeping.

Thanks!

1.  Your currently equipped trinkets are the two I normally run.  I prefer to have at least 1 on use for an additional CD to roll.  That being said, trinkets are very situational.  Beastlord I would tend to use Pol's Blinded Eye as the extra mastery on use is great for tanking the adds (though they die quickly) but it's use is weak for the important part of oregorger (acid torrent).  So, all three are strong, all three are useful in different encounters/roles.

2.  iLvl > stat priority for weapons.  So the BRF will be 15 ilvl better.  I personally rank Kromog's Brutal Fist higher with haste/mastery as mastery > crit and haste > multi

3. Versatility and crit are relatively equal, depending on the fight.  You will likely select your offset based on ilvl more than secondaries.  Helm and chest have a haste/vers option, gloves and chest have crit/mast.  Go with whatever you get first in a WF or WF/socket.  I personally also am building a non-4 set versatility set for heavy magical damage fights (flamebender, oregorger specifically)

Here's my warrior

1) I have 3 trinkets: the ones equipped and mythic Pol's Blinded Eye. Which should I use?

I feel like BRF trinkets are superior, but that 20 sec mastery bonus...

2)When I'll come across mythic weps, is the crit\mult one worth it or Butchers crit\mastery is still BiS?

3)What should be my off-set piece? There are off-set crit\mastery chest and gloves, so I'm curious if set gloves or chest is worth keeping.

Thanks!

1. I would stick with what you have in most cases. For Gruul, I would recommend switching your BA on-use to Pol's because Gruul's Inferno Slice can be blocked.
  2. No, the ilvl of the crit/multi BRF weapon trumps the better itemization of the Cleaver. I would also disagree with Furiacki that the mastery/haste weapon is better. Crit is stronger than mastery when you get nearly the same % parry from crit as you get % static block from mastery. Thus, it is the amount of crit you have that makes crit stronger or weaker than mastery due to DR. The important thing to note is that BRF doesn't have a lot of crit/BA or crit/mastery pieces, so your crit rating is naturally significantly lower than your mastery rating due to the available gear. Because of this, I would recommend taking crit where you can get it. Keep in mind how many abilities are not blockable: Acid Torrent, Blood Ritual, Shattering Smash, Massive Shattering Smash, etc. For these abilities, higher block will not help you, but more ability to shield block may. Some abilities, like Overwhelming Blows and Blade Dash (this is especially important for tanking Sorka on mythic), are parryable and you end up also taking massively less damage. Ideally, you'd want crit and mastery ratings to be roughly equal until you're getting something like 1.3:1 static block:parry ratios before pushing mastery above crit.
  3. Your choice here goes back to the availability of crit and also the second option on the gear. The chest has crit/haste and the gloves have mastery/multi. I've already gone over the lack of crit options in BRF, so the crit here is more appealing than the mastery. For the secondary stats, haste gives a small boost in rage generation and multistrike gives a small chance at a self-HoT that is so small it is negligible in all circumstances. Multistrike is by far our worst stat. For those reasons, I would recommend having the gloves as your off-piece.

Would also like to note that I would not consider Oregorger a magic-heavy fight. Acid Torrent (for the tank) is physical and the DoT is negligible.

Thanks for the answers!

I also wanted to know if there is a break point to be - what do i call it - unwhitehittable?

According to my character sheet I have somewhat 110% avoidance and still getting white hits.

Blocks and dodge/parry are on different roll tables. So to be unwhitehittable you'd have to have 100% block or 100% dodge/parry.