FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Guides you'd love to see!

So hopefully as these forums progress, good ole Icy Veins is going to grow and grow.

So other than the awesome Dungeon and Raid guides, what would you like to see?

Personally I would love to see some profession guides built up eventually. No matter how much I use my professions I always end up having to search for a quick guide to the most efficient levelling methods if I am making a new character or swapping some profs around.

Oh and I hope the Midsummer Festival is in the pipeline too!

Apologies in advance for the extra work!

• Like 1

Midsummer Festival is indeed in the pipeline. We aren't going to miss out on that last seasonal event, are we? ;)

Other than that, profession guides are definitely something I want to do. We still need to see if we will make them part of the site (i.e., with a specific menu entry) or if they will take the form of forum guides. It also depends on how much time left we will have after releasing MoP guides for classes, raids, and dungeons.

Since this topic has come up, I'll put forth the potential for PvP guides. It's something that we (mostly, I, I think) would love to do at some point. The reason is that I always found it incredibly hard to find organized PvP information online that isn't from 2 expansions ago. Much harder than PvE information.

We probably won't get to do it soon, but it would be nice to know if there would be interest for it.

PvP guides would be awesome, I've been trying to get into PvP a couple of times, I'm mostly into PvE but wanted to give it a try. The problem is that there are almost no guides for it and AJ(arenajunkies) isn't what it used to be.

And profession guides would be cool as well. If you look for them on the web you mostly get to websites where you need to pay for a book and a CD and a special addon (which is against the EULA).

The current guides are great. I would also like to see pvp guides (most good ones at the moment are class specific rather than having pvp guides for each class in the one place or with other information).

Achievement guides would also be helpful - in addition to the quests section which helps with loremaster. Obviously not all achieves should, or could be covered, but how to get the trickier ones ie the quickest way to getting the mounts without spending a fortune etc.

Guides that can be useful (most have already been listed). In order of personal preference.

1. PVP Guides - I've dabbled in PVP very little, I'm more of a PVE person, however the main reason I have not done much PVP is the information available on the web is horrible or non-existent.

2. Profession guides - I already go on the web and find these and have sites that I would consider good, however a one stop shop never hurts.

3. Farming guides - This would go with above, knowing the best places to farm X mats would be helpful when trying to work on certain professions or just farming up a bunch of the mats

4. Achievement guides - I enjoy working on achievements and the big ones are often time consuming and take research. Having a good place to research everything needed for Glory of the Cataclysm Hero would be great.

5. Mount / Vanity Pet guides - Locations and ways to gather them.

• Like 1

Guides that can be useful (most have already been listed). In order of personal preference.

1. PVP Guides - I've dabbled in PVP very little, I'm more of a PVE person, however the main reason I have not done much PVP is the information available on the web is horrible or non-existent.

2. Profession guides - I already go on the web and find these and have sites that I would consider good, however a one stop shop never hurts.

3. Farming guides - This would go with above, knowing the best places to farm X mats would be helpful when trying to work on certain professions or just farming up a bunch of the mats

4. Achievement guides - I enjoy working on achievements and the big ones are often time consuming and take research. Having a good place to research everything needed for Glory of the Cataclysm Hero would be great.

5. Mount / Vanity Pet guides - Locations and ways to gather them.

A second note on top of this maybe we can make most of these guides community driven so having a new board for such things might not be a bad idea.

• Like 1

Perhaps making them community given to start the ball rolling and help everyone share the workload a little with a view to making it more official, polished and in the same layout / format as the other guides available.

Would be cool if we could start some of the backdated stuff before MoP hits

If we do PvP guides, they will be part of our offering of guides in the same way that the PvE guides are. All the other potential guides, however, will be on the forums for everyone to contribute to them :)

I was thinking would it be possible to overview each of the different type of battleground and arena maps?

I remember playing some PvP battles years ago and not having a clue what to do. Seeing battles like Alterac Valley for the first time really can be confusing! After all the community doesnt really give much opportunity for players to learn, its a case of follow the crowd and hope you win sometimes.

Don't worry though Im not volunteering Posted Image

I would like to say this depends on the class you are - I only really play pvp on my main but hunter's lodge is excellent. It is quite comunity driven, but the guide I find quite comprehensive & updated regularly.

I would like to say this depends on the class you are - I only really play pvp on my main but hunter's lodge is excellent. It is quite comunity driven, but the guide I find quite comprehensive & updated regularly.

Definitely depends on class. I play a mage and have tried to find some nice PVP info and all I find is that we're glass cannons and should be nerfed. Which does nothing for me when I'm getting punched in the face in WSG.

• Like 1

Definitely depends on class. I play a mage and have tried to find some nice PVP info and all I find is that we're glass cannons and should be nerfed. Which does nothing for me when I'm getting punched in the face in WSG.

Hrm... I think ice block, blink, blink, blink, why is blink on cool down? Must say I much prefer pvp on my tard over my mage, I also tried to find some decent pvp site(s) for it but alas could not. I'm not looking forward to mists taking away min range from a hunter though - I'm thinking it may take a bit of the skill out of it & could make one a little OP; especially if you get some decent res gear.

I was thinking would it be possible to overview each of the different type of battleground and arena maps?

I remember playing some PvP battles years ago and not having a clue what to do. Seeing battles like Alterac Valley for the first time really can be confusing! After all the community doesnt really give much opportunity for players to learn, its a case of follow the crowd and hope you win sometimes.

Don't worry though Im not volunteering Posted Image

If we do PvP guides, it will indeed include overviews of the battlegrounds and the arenas, much like we do with the dungeons and raids.

• Like 1

Hrm not actually a guide persay but possibly some sort of android app so that one can use the site & forums 'on the go'. I believe it's the done thing...

• Like 2

What is that second thing there? It looks like ham. I don't think that is bacon.

I would put myself forward to contribute to the making of the guide. Obviously making dresses out it is a waste, and said guide would concentrate on the uses of bacon as a food stuff.

I highly recomend taking a rabit, gutting it (if not done by a loverly butcher), stuffing it with pork sausage meat, apple, cider and some bread crumbs. Wrap it in bacon (the FIRST picture) and then slow roast in a cool oven (120 degrees) for about 2-3 hours. You may serve this with a cider gravy, roast potatoes, roast parsnips and some 'hsparagus (pronounced asparagus if not in Bolton).

*Warning this is a 525 skill level recipe. Watch out for a pellet in the rabit. Sometimes these are still in and can be a chocking hazard.

Is it served with maple syrup? I don't like the idea. I am going to call it ham and have done with it.

• Like 1

Hrm... you could, but I think you would be wrong. I think it is 'traditionally' bacon.

(off topic much? lol)

Back to the topic (since almighty bacon now has it's own thread) - when you have usage up a bit could also implement a chat function. Not sure if you would do it to appear like a shout box; or if it could be something more complex; but that would let a group of members that are online at the same time to have a banter.

Remember when chat rooms were cool rather than sleezy?