FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vortex

Loshan or Regail Elite

Morning guys...

Yesterday I won Loshan on a lucky charm and I was pretty exciting to use sha gem on it and see how much dps I would win when sim it.

But I was so dissapointed when I saw that switching Loshan from Regail was a dps decrease, I lost 2k dps on simulation craft. Thought Loshan we're BIS with that 500 intellect gem.

BUT on dummys I'm doing more 10k with this new weapon(496 item level) isn't awkward? I can do 82-83k without going lower. And with Regail Elite(503 item level) I was doing 73k.

I really need help here O.o what you think I should use Loshan or Regail?

Morning guys...

Yesterday I won Loshan on a lucky charm and I was pretty exciting to use sha gem on it and see how much dps I would win when sim it.

But I was so dissapointed when I saw that switching Loshan from Regail was a dps decrease, I lost 2k dps on simulation craft. Thought Loshan we're BIS with that 500 intellect gem.

BUT on dummys I'm doing more 10k with this new weapon(496 item level) isn't awkward? I can do 82-83k without going lower. And with Regail Elite(503 item level) I was doing 73k.

I really need help here O.o what you think I should use Loshan or Regail?

Simcraft cannot accomodate the Sha-touched gem unless you manually change your stats to include the extra 500 Intellect. 500 Intellect at a 495 ilvl is a straight up 2k DPS gain. This is a no brainer...take the Sha-touched weapon. On a side note, congrats...but I'm definitely envious. Having to use a 478 PvP weapon because raids won't drop a bloody caster weapon suuuuucks.

• Like 1

<3 Zagam you sure man? It's the best I will tell you everthing to be more easy to understand.

Atm I have on my bag:

Elite dagger with 503 item level, socket:320 mastey gem, upgrade 0/2

And equipped:

Loshan weapon with 496 item level( was upgrade to 500 item level), socket: 500 intellect gem, upgrade 1/2.

I didn't add manually sha gem on simulation craft.

And now mate? Thoughts?

:< I'm sure it will drop this week a shinny weapon for you! I wil pray for you!

Edited by Vortex

The 500 Intellect is worth any other stat you get. The GEM alone is worth 2k. Even a 503 with slightly higher spell power won't be able to make that up. Absolutely use Loshan. The dagger has a poopy crit socket bonus and has crit mastery on it. The mastery is nice, but meh on crit. Loshan is superior in every way, shape, and form. Thanks for the prayers...but I'm pretty sure Blizz is punishing me for having my Legendary since Firelands and using it all the way through Dragon Soul.

Appreciate your feedback man. So it's seems I didnt upgrade my Loshan weapon clueless.1/2 next upgrade it will be to Loshan then,

So it's BIS on normal mode? About the staff that drops from Lei Shi it's really good aswell, the other lock from my guild use it and he did a great job on Spirit Kings HC, he did better job then me even.

It gives alot of haste, I'm trying to reach 6637 haste breakpoint, but for now I'll stick with 4717 haste. And I guess for now I'll stick with Loshan weapon, since you gave me solid reasons.

I didn't had the change to have legendary it was a AWESOME weapon through Firelands and Dragon Soul.

Edited by Vortex

I've got the staff and love it. It's boosted my DPS by leaps and bounds. IMO, there are pros and cons to using the staff versus Loshan/Tornado OH.

The MH/OH combo obviously gives you better control of stats to reforge and such and, honestly, would be my prefered set to use. But you need to also consider the valor upgrades. Remember that you'll have to spend 1500 valor per item to max it out. Generally, you'll want to upgrade weapons and trinkets first. So, if you go to upgrade Loshan+Tornado OH, then you're going to be dumping 3k valor to get the same upgrade bonus as 1500 valor for staff alone. More valor to dump onto heroic items or what-have-you.

Really all depends on the items you get and how lucky you are or how generous your guild is for progression gearing, but I think it's nicer being able to use that week-and-a-half amount of valor on other items than an off-hand.