FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Riftka

Tier 5 and 6 talents for a spriest.

Hello everyone.

I play a shadowpriest and am currently confused about the talents to pick at raiding on lvl 90 content.

To start of clear, I play this game mainly for the fun side of raiding.

Theorycrafting, simming and all other things that involves data is not my kind of mojo i'm afraid, even tho

I am looking for the best dps.

I regem, reforge, enchant as AskMrRobot adivses as also other guides do.

Currently I have my haste cap, and am trying to get some more crit going.

But anyway, that's not why I started this topic. What I am wondering is what talents in the last two tiers are advisable, what could be bound to diffrent encounters.

I've read somewhere about a discussion on what to pic in the tier 5 talents.

Twist of Fate, or Divine Insight?

Should I stick with Divine Insight for 80% of the raid encounters and retalent for bosses such as Elegon, Will of the emperor, Tsulong, Sha,..? Or stick with Divine Insight all the time?

My other confusion is about the last tier talents.

Is Halo still the way to go, or get Cascade ir even Divine Star?

Or is it again a cause of situations? I've been told that Cascade is wicked for discs on Elegon, but what about shadowpriests?

Would love to see some good replies and see what end-game spriests are using as talents.

This topic might have been brought up yet, if so, my excuses.

Thanks already,

Riftka

don't ask me why i took those but reading up on them what they actuallly do, they seem the best ones for myself only.

Anyway, i choose Divine Insight and Halo for my spriest.

For my holy spec i took twist of fate and halo

just my 50cnts

Edited by Daowen

Hello everyone.

I play a shadowpriest and am currently confused about the talents to pick at raiding on lvl 90 content.

To start of clear, I play this game mainly for the fun side of raiding.

Theorycrafting, simming and all other things that involves data is not my kind of mojo i'm afraid, even tho

I am looking for the best dps.

I regem, reforge, enchant as AskMrRobot adivses as also other guides do.

Currently I have my haste cap, and am trying to get some more crit going.

But anyway, that's not why I started this topic. What I am wondering is what talents in the last two tiers are advisable, what could be bound to diffrent encounters.

I've read somewhere about a discussion on what to pic in the tier 5 talents.

Twist of Fate, or Divine Insight?

Should I stick with Divine Insight for 80% of the raid encounters and retalent for bosses such as Elegon, Will of the emperor, Tsulong, Sha,..? Or stick with Divine Insight all the time?

My other confusion is about the last tier talents.

Is Halo still the way to go, or get Cascade ir even Divine Star?

Or is it again a cause of situations? I've been told that Cascade is wicked for discs on Elegon, but what about shadowpriests?

Would love to see some good replies and see what end-game spriests are using as talents.

This topic might have been brought up yet, if so, my excuses.

Thanks already,

Riftka

Hey!

It seems like Divine Insight is indeed the preferred choice for the vast majority of encounters at this point, so you can quite safely stick with it.

Halo, Cascade, and Divine Star are all quite well balanced, so it's pretty much up to you here. Halo is still best for single target, I believe, and Cascade is the better choice for multiple targets that you can't optimally hit with Halo, but they're very close in the end.

Twist of Fate is always a good choice, even on fights without adds. For fights where ToF will proc from adds, it's amazingly strong. Stone Guard is good for Divine Insight, that's the only fight that I would use it on (and I still use ToF there). Even many of the single fights favour ToF, since Feng, Zor'lock, and Ta'yak all have reasons to want that extra damage at the end.

Any fight with adds will strongly favour Twist of Fate - I see 48% uptime on Gara'jal, 35% on Spirit Kings, 57% on Elegon, 60% on WotE, 41% on Garalon, 32% on Mel'jarak - that's a long time with +15% damage!

Cascade is extremely strong on Elegon (did 6M dmg for me this week, 3.2M to the energy charges alone), and I use it on WotE also.

On single target Bosses I generally pick the talent with the most healing utility, since Halo and Divine Star both do similar damage now. DS's healing was significantly boosted in 5.1, so a good choice if your raid is stacked to take advantage of it.

I also pick FDCL for pretty much every fight. Even on single target fights I like to have something in my pocket for movement... Mind Bender is at least as strong on single target (and likely the better choice for pure DPS). Mel'jarak is an exception as I use Mind Bender for mana, since I Mind Sear and Mass Dispel, and since you only substitute the instant Mind Spike for Mind Flay, it doesn't get any use in P1 anyway.

Note that my experience is with 10man normal. 25man may reward Halo or Divine Star more, depending on positioning. Heroic Modes often have additional mechanics that may reward different talents.

Mogu'shan Vault:

Stone Guard - fairly neutral, Cascade possibly the best DPS (bounce off the farthest dog), but Halo gets plenty of opportunity.

Feng - Either Divine Star or Halo. If your raid stacks you at optimal range, then Halo will be stronger. Divine Star otherwise.

Gara'jal - Halo is great for boosting your buddies in the Spirit Realm. Cascade will match or exceed Halo's damage on the minions (and can bounce off the totem in normal realm).

Spirit Kings - Divine Star owns Maddening Shout - breaks it in one direction and heals your team-mates on the way back Posted Image Cascade if your raid is incapable of stacking for it....

Elegon - Cascade!

WotE - Cascade or Halo. I prefer Cascade but Halo can be strong if you can position yourself correctly.

Heart of Fear:

Zor'lok - Either Halo or Divine Star. Only consideration really is Force and Verve healing. Halo works well, but I tried Divine Star this week, since I'm assigned to the 3rd bubble, and did 2.3M healing.

Ta'yak - Either Halo or Divine Star. Both are good for healing after the Unseen Strike and in P2, but Divine Star best for P2.

Garalon - Halo's healing after each Crush is too good to ignore.

Mel'jarak - Halo or Divine Star. Halo's positioning is annoying in P1 and Divine Star will out damage it unless you're at optimal Halo range. Halo better in P2. I use Divine Star since our raid's P1 positioning makes Halo a hassle (does 5M dmg for me, 2M healing).

Un'sok - Cascade best for me. Halo risks healing the parasite player.

Empress - Halo. Perfect for healing in P1 and 3 and great for adds in P2

Terrace of the Endless Spring:

Protectors of the Endless - Again, pick for healing. Halo probably best.

Tsulong - Cascade, great for catching the Day adds.

Lei Shi - Halo good for Hide; Divine Star for Run Away.

Sha - probably Halo since you'll be at optimal range for most the fight.

Edited by Stasis
  • Like 1