Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danteu

Do I need more haste?

4 posts in this topic

I'm debating enchanting for haste. some geared DK  told me I should have 50% haste or so. I feel like if I had some more haste I could get more attacks in.

I should note I just recently went for NP and need to switch out a talent for unholyblight. with that said I think my dps is lacking due to my lack of haste but feel free to let me know if thats idea is wrong.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Rexxar/Dante%C3%BB/advanced

I'm assuming you're talking about unholy since your armory is set to that.

So far I haven't heard of any DK stacking that much haste. I roll with Multi>Mastery>rest and my results are more than satisfactory.

This would lead me to believe it could be a rotational hickup, so I'd encourage you to post logs so some log-savvy person here can take a look.

I'd post my own armory for comparison, but I've logged out in tank gear.

Edited by Ceraius

I'm debating enchanting for haste. some geared DK  told me I should have 50% haste or so. I feel like if I had some more haste I could get more attacks in.

I should note I just recently went for NP and need to switch out a talent for unholyblight. with that said I think my dps is lacking due to my lack of haste but feel free to let me know if thats idea is wrong.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Rexxar/Dante%C3%BB/advanced

necroblight lacking due to haste? no sir.

Unholy DK stat priority is either Multistrike>mastery>haste>crit OR Mastery>Multistrike>haste>crit

Necroblight aoe on paper likes more mastery but with high enough multistrike multi comes out ahead only after stacking a lot soooo yeah. I stick with multistrike myself for necro but either one works.

You should indeed post logs because we can help with your rotation. Where necroblight DPS can falter is basically in 2-3 main places, too many festering strikes, not enough soul reapers, bad disease uptime. For all DKS haste is an undesirable stat. Even then for a long time I can't really remember the last times DKs really valued haste. I think at the end of CATA frost 2h did for crazy killing machine procs but beyond that no.

So, not sure what your geared dk comrade was thinking but I cannot say his/her advice was good. Don't let gear ilvl lead you to believe they are a good player SOOOOOO many people get carried by their guilds and then suck dps wise.

TL;DR - stack multistrike then mastery, go get some logs, and we can perfect your rotation :D

or get redfellas weak aura script, that thing truly is amazing

You definitely don't want more haste for unholy. I'm 20 ilvl higher than you and only have 7% higher haste on the armory, and I feel like I have as much haste as I could ever need.

I was playing frost in Highmaul so I had a lot of haste/multistrike gear when I first switched to unholy, and I had a lot of issues with rune capping, especially when I was going through a scourge strike spam phase of my rotation. The rotation is a lot smoother, and my dps is a lot higher now that I have more mastery/multistrike gear and a lot less haste.

Definitely post some logs though, like our resident possessed ant eater said, there are a couple main points/concepts to necroblight that will make up the majority of your dps. Just rolling 15 stacks of NP correctly will do 20% of your total dps on gruul, and 40% of your dps on operator. and soul reapering immediately at 45% and then on CD afterwards will do another 10-15% of your total dps in just 15-20 attacks.