FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
consistentsin

new feral needs help

Hey guys, I wanted more sets of eyes to take a look at what I could be improving on my feral. I do ok dps but I know it needs to be higher. I have only played feral for about 5 weeks so more experienced advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Logs for gruul kill last night

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HVXNjzYdZKxatvpb#fight=4&type=damage-done&source=13

Armory

linkhttp://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Alashi/simple

Hey Consistentsin,

Disclaimer: I'm not a pro Feral Druid!

The one thing you can do with your opener is cast a pre-pot while in cat form. According to the log you're casting a pre-pot before going into cat form, pretty much wasting some pre-pot time. Plus, with the WoD pots you can cast pre-pots while in stealth. Shouldn't make a HUGE difference, but will help a smidge with your opener DPS. 

You also want to replace LDSC with the BH trinket. Since LDSC and Beating Heart can't be used at the same time, since they're both on-use trinkets, it hurts your dps a little bit.  

Once you get your 695 ring and 4-piece you'll see a good 2-3k increase in your dps. 

Also, I noticed your raid's DPS is a little low, as a whole. The longer you have to wait for execute phase to start the lower your overall DPS will be as a Feral on a patchwerk style fight be. In this case, Gruul fight. 

Hope this helps and everyone else, feel free to critique what i've posted!

Ok I'll make sure to check that pre pot, must have been late on my healing touch and rushed my potion before shifting its happened before. And yeah hoping I get a shot at the BH trinket soon hasn't dropped for us the past couple of kills. Thank you for the input.

I counted 9 missed opportunities to gain BT.  This means you are letting PS expire before using a free HT.

Your bleed uptimes are adequate...try throwing some Thrash's in when OoC procs. 

Outside of Berserk/Execute, you only used FB 1 time.  This is a sign of conservative play (which isn't a bad thing).  Maximizing your damage will require you to play outside of your comfort zone a bit.

Thank you Paloro. I will try and setup a WA to alert me more when OoC procs and watch my PS more.

I can absolutely see where I am being conservative I am trying to get more comfortable with my bleed/SR uptime so I tend to sit the few extra seconds waiting for a rip or SR refresh. I'll see about throwing more FB in.

Thank you guys for the input I greatly appreciate the help.

I use a mod called Cat's Eye, which tracks all of the specific buffs and debuffs you need to maintain when playing Feral. It was much easier for me to customize than WA and it also has a handy combo point display.