Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Extracare

Item comparison?

4 posts in this topic

So I got Drape of the Dark Hunt from my Mythic box from a garrison mission but a few days ago. I got a heroic Cloak of Delving Secrets with a socket. 

I'm BM with 4pc and I'm just wondering is losing the stats from having mythic worth getting haste/mastery plus a socket for a mastery gem. 

Edited by Extracare

The Drape of the Dark Hunt wins by about 3 points on a normalized scale.

I don't really know what that means, so if you could give a little bit of an explanation that'd be awesome!

A normalized scale is where the greatest value is given a value of 1 and everything is scaled down proportionally.  In this case, it means that Agility is given a value of 1 since it is worth the most.  Taking value from Azor's hunter guide, Mastery is worth 0.48, Haste 0.47, MS 0.45, and Crit 0.42.  From there you can multiply the amount of stats by their respective weight, adding in the 35/50 of a stat from the gem socket.  You can also use this gear comparison spreadsheet to check, using a slight estimate when adding sockets (it does not support WF atm however).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0