Valtix

Changing Food Fight-to-fight.

3 posts in this topic

Is it ever worth using different food based on the encounter, or should we always be using Mastery? I say this because Haste is slightly better than Mastery for AoE situations iirc, so on constant AoE fights such as Iron Maidens I wonder if it'd be better to use the Haste food. Also Multistrike is marginally better than Mastery for pure single target, so same thing there with a fight like Gruul.

Given that the universal weights has Master > Haste > MS, eat mastery food and be done with it.  There are very few fights where it is constant AoE (none actually) and there are 3 fights that are 'pure' ST, Gruul, Oregorger (not really, due to crates, but there is not chance to cleave), and Blackhand.

No point IMO, the stats are so close RNG will change your damage more than that will.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Restoration And Balance.
      Monk: Mistweaver.
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Hunter: One.
      Other dps will also be considered.
    • By NasharStormrage
      So,
      Which trinket should I be using (obviously arms warriors are not concerned with iLvl because Mastery is desired over strength.
      I have the 820 iLvl trinket from a timewarped dungeon and that with heroism, Battle Cry, Potion, trinket use, could provide an extreme amount of dps burst which is also on a 1.5m CD. It seems like an obvious choice but I wanted to hear any thoughts or opinions that people have since I'll be losing 500+ static mastery. Also, the use effect gives around 20-24% increased damage during colossus smash. 
      Thoughts?... 

• By VeeImperium
      Stormrage [A] - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic - FRI & MON - 9pm-12am EST
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Imperium, a progressive and well-respected raiding guild. Seeking like-minded individuals to join our team.  We provide good guild culture, consistent loot distribution, laid-back leadership, like-minded, courteous, kind, and polite people.
      Our team has been playing together for 8 years. We have always maintained a strong progressive raid team in 10 and 25 mans with a very minimal raid schedule. When considering new members, we seek individuals who have excellent communication skills, a high level of maturity, and a manner of adult professionalism.

Raid Info
      Friday & Monday 9:00pm - 12:00am EST
      Emerald Nightmare - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic

What to expect from us...
      - Raids that start and end on time.
      - A community of in-game support and socializing, Veteran players, 980+ Characters, 580+ Active Accounts, 650+ Level 100s.
      - Opportunity to be part of our weekly raid sales group
      - Fair and consistent leadership that only accepts quality players, and understands mistakes can happen.
      - A friendly and competitive dps environment, with frequent 95%+ parses
      - An opportunity to see all the content WoW has to offer.
      - Raid Consumables, and Enchantments provided.
      - Adult atmosphere, average age 25.
      - We DO NOT recruit for bench positions.

What we expect from you...
      - Desire to be part of a team. This includes being on Mumble and taking an interest in the guilds objectives, upholding its principles and helping to secure its longevity.
      - Great verbal communication during raid.
      - Good attitude and mutual respect towards fellow guild and raid team members.
      - High to perfect raid attendance.
      - Perseverance. Wiping is part of the game, and staying motivated and positive is a must.
      - Know your class and all of its abilities. Have a viable off spec for the team.
      - Be active and contribute to the guild forums.

Currently Recruiting:
      1 Melee DPS
      1 Ranged DPS
      1 Healer: Holy Priest, Holy Paladin or Resto Shaman
      Exceptional players are always considered.

Visit ImperiumGuild.ca to apply or to learn more about us.
      Vee#1811
      Mochi#11316
      Roxycodone#1543
      Nyyankees29#1435
      Skratchh#1194

• By Tools
      I have seen several post on bm dps questions and don't see many responses so I thought I'd drop some quick tips and other feel free to add. I am no know it all by any means but I do seem to out dps a lot of mm and the bm's I see. Spec seems to be a common issue. I spend hours a week on test dummies which is always a good habit for anyone. Cobra shot spec is the key I have found to work best for me. I hear and see a lot of player say bm is lazy and nothing to do spec. If you aren't using a cd or ability you are doing it wrong that's the first sign. There is very little down time if played right. Killer Cobra is a key to this in the spec. Most other talents icy has are fine but some can be tweaked for raid/dungeon. Way of the cobra talent is also key to this combo in the spec. I will start with my opener and explain why. Pre pot obviously then I open with AMOC , Dire. I see a lot disagree but here is my reasoning. you don't want to use AMOC. During BW or its a waste of fury so you need to offset the timers and AMOC gets buffs ticks during it's duration so no need to use it with other cd's. I use Dire after AMOC because it replaces the fury I just lost for casting AMOC. Next I use BW, MOTW, Titans and any racial buff you have and spam Cobra and KC. In this spec every cobra shot during BW resets KC. You want to burn all the fury while still using dire cd during BW. After the burn phase you will use KC every cd and Dire and use Cobra shot above 75% or so fury. Make sure you're next cd of Titans is done correctly. Always cast Titans after Dire since its effected by the number of pets you have out. You do need to even space your Cobra shots and no spam them so you're auto attacks can proc some extra Dire. Don't burn fury with Cobra's on non burn phases and let fury regen it is a dps loss. Your Titans will line up with you're BW and MOTW cd's if you do it right. Next is very important as well. Depending on your fury when you notice BW is about ready to use you need to let your fury get to max even if it means skipping a KC cd' you want full fury when you hit it every time for you're Cobra KC spam rotation. This will help out most a lot to get started I hope and there is always more tiny stuff but a lot of it is common sense so I will skip to stats.
      Stats for bm are very important like any class. You must get you're mastery up as high as possible. Haste is very important and at low ilevels more than mastery even. I might get a lot of disagreement in this but here is why. Haste is your regen and without fury your are sitting doing nothing. Below 850 you may want to have a few haste heavy items to get you to 10% then go for mastery at all costs. The higher you're mastery and haste get you will notice a very good steady increase in dps. Crit is a decent 3rd stat if you have to get a mastery item but skip vers at all costs its crap. I am over 300k on every fight and some close to 400 single target at 873 ilevel and still missing several key gear items. The dps is bm is good and I very much like the mobility.
      As far as raid tips the biggest I can say is a pet attack macro. Hati is so dumb its a huge dps loss with its add and the other pet you have is slow to react as well. Pet attack combined with your attacks is a big dps help. Also I hope some wow dev reads this since I send them bugs reports daily but yes flying pets do more dps. As this is literally proven by many players besides myself for an really dumb reason. They don't get stuck in the floor during fights. Yep a good 10k dps I can tell on parses its that dumb. One more huge tip. Always keep pet tenacity spec. Tank pets to way more damage with stomp. Id you get lucky like I did and get apex this is even a bigger increase. Hope this helps and hammy hunting.!!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Midrange Beast Hunter Standard Deck.