FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Curinir

4-piece rotation.

Hi all,

So I just recently obtained my 4-piece set bonus and was wondering if there is any specific alteration to your rotation that is "best" for your dps.

What I have been doing is delaying the metamorphosis phase and getting as much uptime on HoG as I possibly can, usually I can get 4 to 5 charges to hit a boss. However, this method feels ineffective to delay the application of doom (or cataclysm) and soulfire just to throw up some HoG charges.

Thanks,

Curinir

You should not be delaying your initial meta solely for one extra application of Hand of Gul'dan, and in fact, you should never be delaying your initial meta at all.

Consider that the start of combat is likely the only time you will have all RPPM buffs present, along with a potion and any other pertinent procs, it is far more important to use your meta properly.

Use the extra charge of Hand of Gul'dan on a Chaos Wave during that first meta for a Molten Core charge.

That said, outside of that specific situation, you can absolutely use a third charge of Hand of Gul'dan to refresh the two-stack DoT. This is ideal for strictly single targets. Anything else will benefit more from Chaos Wave.

Okay this clarifies a lot. Last night I played without delaying the meta phase and, yes, my burst was much higher. Having those two CWs definitely helps, especially on Maidens. And it does also appear that my overall DPS went up for the fights as well. Thank you!