FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S19 Hearthstone Warrior Cheap Grim Patron OTK BrM

Guest Sonywara

The Naxxramas ikon not included (Death's Bite is in the deck)

The Naxxramas ikon not included (Death's Bite is in the deck)

But it was created during BrM, not during Naxx.

I've spoken to Damien about this, he doesn't want to have every icon next to every deck once we're on the 4th, 5th, 6th expansion etc. But he's working on a solution so make it clear that Adventures are needed for decks.

Guest Seabear

is there anything i can use instead of death's bite? i dont have the naxxramas expansion...

Death's Bite is really important to pretty much every Warrior deck, you can sub it for other cards like Brawl, Piloted Shredder etc, but the deck will be significantly weaker.

Guest Eggs is eggs

How do you get this deck to work? To get the full combo of warsong commander + grim patron + an activator you need 9 or 10 mana and by that point you are dead already. The deck has only a few non-combo threats like Sludge Belcher, Emperor, and the weapons are used for control and to activate combos but basically I feel like all I can do is stall to play a big combo and usually the game is over before I can play the combo.

You control the game with Executes, Weapons, Frothing Berseker, Sludge Belcher etc. Emperor can discount your combo pieces and let the combos come early, but by far the most common win condition for the deck is simply using Warsong and Grim Patron on turn 8, if your opponent has any minions with less than 3 attack on the board, you need any extra Mana for activators to start going nuts.

You can also just generate a large board ahead of time by playing Patron, Inner Rage and attacking with a Death's Bite on turn 5 for example. It's really unlikely your opponent can deal with that board on their turn, so can follow it up the next turn with Warsong Commander or more ping effects etc.

The deck does have an extremely high skill cap, and it's hard to explain all the nuances in text, but you will get better if you keep playing it.

Guest dasdasd

Hey sottle, now that the warrior class challenge is out, what about Axe Flinger? It seems to fit in quite nicely into the whole self-damage thingy. Allso is there a way to implement Madder Bomber or Bouncing Blade into the deck, and keep it as good or even better? thx

Guest tehhelios

This deck is fun! im only rank 15 but not tried to rank up this season(been rank 5ish earlier)

Iv removed Gnomis inventor, 1 battle rage, raging worgen for 2 axe flinger and armor smith.

Works really well, pretty funny vs hunter when they have explosive trap and you combo in a warsong commander with frothing berserker, he will get the bonus and stil attack if you go with him first tongue.png

Axe Flinger is pretty useless in this deck in my opinion. The deck is good at doing large amounts of damage to different targets, that's why Grim Patron and Frothing are good, it's very rare that you're going to proc the same minion multiple times to get significant value out of an Axe Flinger, which leaves it as just a weak 2/5 body for too much Mana. I don't like it at all.

Guest Jeremiah

I recognize that death's bite is a great card for this deck for both its control and for the synergy with patron, frothing, acolyte, etc., but if I don't have it would you say arcanite reaper, kor'kron elite, or something else would be the better sub?

Guest Absalom

I don't have the Naxx cards, which cards can I replace them with?

Death's Bite is just too difficult to replace in Warrior unfortunately, you're best off looking at other classes until you can unlock Naxx.

Guest pokushat

Why is it rated as "Rank 5-3"? It's one of the strongest decks at the moment and a lot of people reached legend with Patron Warrior this season.

Also a comment on cards such as Dread Corsair, Slam and Commanding Shout would be nice. They're often put instead of Inner Rage, Worgens and Belchers. The last one seems the most questionable choice and I think it's included as insurance for bad mulligan and poor decisions in early game. I think Grommash also worth mentioning.

Why is it rated as "Rank 5-3"? It's one of the strongest decks at the moment and a lot of people reached legend with Patron Warrior this season.

Also a comment on cards such as Dread Corsair, Slam and Commanding Shout would be nice. They're often put instead of Inner Rage, Worgens and Belchers. The last one seems the most questionable choice and I think it's included as insurance for bad mulligan and poor decisions in early game. I think Grommash also worth mentioning.

Because this is the budget version for people without access to all the cards. The full budget one is rated Legend, and includes Grom, Boom etc.

i have seen kolento playing a list similar to this one(without any legendaries other than thaurissan that is) in high legend ranks though.

i have seen kolento playing a list similar to this one(without any legendaries other than thaurissan that is) in high legend ranks though.

Yeah, it's still a fantastic deck. Some distinction just needed to be made between the optimal build, and the one with budget in mind. Honestly, many of the decks that are rated around Rank 3 are decks I could hit Legend with, but if anything people usually complain about the Rank suggestions being too high, not the other way around. Player skill is the ultimate deciding factor.

Guest Marcostark

I want to cry, I worked hard to build this deck and I can get lower than rank 16 T_T

Anyone have any links to any other text or video Patron Warrior guides?

I feel like I'm the only person who cannot make this work.  My win % is below 40%.  I've tried probably like 5 different variations and just struggle.  I thought that I'd pick it up and gradually improve over time, but the improvement does not seem to be happening.  I do not know what I'm missing.  It seems like I either am too greedy waiting for that perfect turn, or the opposite, and play things out as needed, but then can't seal the deal.  I can't seem to find that happy medium to make this work.  I'm extremely frustrated.  I could easily be racking up more wins with any number of other decks with which I am much more proficient, but am really trying to put in the time with this and it's just not clicking.

Sorry for the long venting just really frustrated.  Fuck!

If you check out my stream archives (link in signature) i've been playing Patron Warrior a ton recently, so the VODs should be of some use to you.

sottle,don't you agree that patron warrior is a bit broken?i play the deck myself from time to time(though i honestly don't enjoy playing it that much,it is damn effective) and i must say that i think a deck that can consistently pull off 35+ damage from hand on turn 8 is anything but balanced and this is shown by the amount of players that use the deck at legend rankings.at the same time though,i think blizzard shouldn't go as far as "killing" the deck like they did with miracle rogue,because warriors deserve to have a viable option other than control warrior.

that being said,what kind of nerf do you feel would be enough to make the deck balanced without just plain ruining it?i've been discussing this with other people and came up with a couple of ideas:

-make patron a 3/2(too harsh imo);

-make frothing only gain attack when you damage friendly minions(at least this way you won't essentially be punishing people for playing the game against you);

-nerf frothing to a 0/4;

-make battle rage 3 mana;

now i understand it's very unlikely blizzard will implement any of this,but wishful thinking is always a good thing right?so what do you guys think would be a good nerf?

I don't think it's broken at all, I think it's a really good deck with an extremely high skill cap. It gets unbeatable god draws sometimes, but so do a lot of decks.

I do think it's the best deck in the game right now, but that's a little different.

Guest Kroshak

I don't think it's broken at all, I think it's a really good deck with an extremely high skill cap. It gets unbeatable god draws sometimes, but so do a lot of decks.

I do think it's the best deck in the game right now, but that's a little different.

Agreed, it would be borken if you could get everything you need in everysingle game, but sometimes the decks wont help you, so in my experience its a lot of luck of the draw, if you dont get answers or card draw then youre pretty much doomed

Right, and that's where the high skill cap comes in. Those games where you draw badly, you need to be able to engineer winning situations with a hand full of cards that don't really do anything.

Sign in to follow this