Damien

Hearthstone Garr

18 posts in this topic

Little exorcist is quite the opposite of "little" in this one, this chick turns into a taunted Deathwing on just 3 mana with no combo-wombo required. Ugh, sick.

Beaten with a warrior (exorcists, worgens and a bunch of other minions that enrage\love taking damage+some basic cards). Maybe not guaranteed on first try, but still fairly easy.

Deck suggestion (pretty rough, can do better, but serviceable)

Priest with Mass Dispell surely would do better, but I just didnt have the card and I'm sure lots of other people won't have it too.

Edited by Kejim

I just defeated Garr with a similar deck, that was supposed to silence the Firesworns, but I ended up abusing a different and very funny mechanic: Lightwarden summoned by Light of the Naaru. My deck:

2x Circle of Healing
    2x Holy Smite
    2x Inner Fire
    2x Light of the Naaru
    2x Northshire Cleric
    2x Power Word: Shield
    2x Annoy-o-Tron
    2x Divine Spirit
    2x Shadow Word: Pain
    2x Acolyte of Pain
    2x Deathlord
    2x Injured Blademaster
    2x Shadow Word: Death
    2x Velen's Chosen
    2x Mass Dispel

I prefer Annoy-o-Tron over Loot Hoarder to bait out removal. This deck has already enough card draw.
With this deck you have basically 3 win conditions. I tested all of them:
1) Buffed up Deathlord.
2) Buffed up Blademaster.
3) Buffed up Lightwarden.
Works like a charm! smile.png

This is the cheapest deck I beat Heroic Garr with.

Garr's Firesworns can be dealt with in two ways: You can manipulate their health in order to let them die on different turns to prevent their deathrattle from killing you. Or you can just keep them all alive, thus shutting out Garr from the game almost completely. With only basic cards this would take enormous luck to achieve.

Cheap Priest (80 Dust)
Difficulty: easy (may take up to 5 tries)
Inspiration:

Similar, yet more expensive deck: http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/cheap-garr-priest-deck-heroic-mode

2x Circle of Healing
2x Goldshire Footman
2x Holy Smite
2x Mind Vision
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Voodoo Doctor
2x Bloodfen Raptor
2x Divine Spirit
2x Frostwolf Grunt
2x River Crocolisk
2x Ironfur Grizzly
2x Raid Leader
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Gurubashi Berserker

Mulligan for Circle of Healing.
Do not play Northshire Cleric before turn 3 to be able to use its effect immediately.
Play your Taunts early to lure out Rockbiter Weapon and Lava Shock and be able to safely play Gurubashi Berserker.
Keeping a Gurubashi Berserker alive and letting it be buffed by Garr's Hero Power will win you the game.

Cheerio,

Bob

1 person likes this

Playing the grim patrons (x2) is another really funny and entertaining way of going about this fight (Only tried in normal mode, but it went pretty sweet)

Can I get any help with the deck? I believe its really hard to draw into cards that actually help to win against the Firesworns so can anybody tell me if its just luck of the draw? I have tried at least 11 times to beat him..

Lightwarden + Circle of Healing, and maybe a PWS for safety, gave me a super quick 'n' easy victory. That's 17 attack on turn 2, if you get a good mulligan.  Assuming you didn't kill anything, his field is locked and you can go for face, thus finishing him before any of his Firesworns go off.

mass dispell is the only card you need to do. then bring minions in. GG for boss.

Garr's Firesworns can be dealt with in two ways: You can manipulate their health in order to let them die on different turns to prevent their deathrattle from killing you. Or you can just keep them all alive, thus shutting out Garr from the game almost completely. With only basic cards this would take enormous luck to achieve.

Cheap Priest (80 Dust)

Inspiration:

Similar, yet more expensive deck: http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/cheap-garr-priest-deck-heroic-mode

2x Circle of Healing

2x Goldshire Footman

2x Holy Smite

2x Mind Vision

2x Northshire Cleric

2x Voodoo Doctor

2x Bloodfen Raptor

2x Divine Spirit

2x Frostwolf Grunt

2x River Crocolisk

2x Ironfur Grizzly

2x Raid Leader

2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta

2x Gurubashi Berserker

Do not play Northshire Cleric before turn 3 to be able to use its effect immediately.

Play your Taunts early to lure out Rockbiter Weapon and Lava Shock and be able to safely play Gurubashi Berserker.

Keeping a Gurubashi Berserker alive and letting it be buffed by Garr's Hero Power will win you the game.

Cheerio,

Bob

won first try with this deck after 5 losses with the first one thanks

After many, many attempts with the suggested deck, I also call BS that this deck can beat this boss. I'm used to Icy Veins doing a lot better with deck suggestions, in their defense, but this one is utter crap.

The Warrior deck for heroic works beautifully - lots of ways to get those minions dying on different turns.

However, post the warsong commander nerf I swapped out the commanders for Lil Exorcist - worked a treat.

i call horse crap on this deck. i tried it 7 times. then altered it and still couldn't win. 

I've compiled a deck that worked on the first time with priest

2x silence
2x Flash heal
2x Holy smite
2x power word: shield
2x elven archer
2x Leper Gnome
2x Divine Spirit
2x mind blast
1x lightwell
2x mad bomber
1x earthen ring farseer
1x injured blademaster

2x ironforge rifleman

1x mass dispel
1x chillwind yeti
2x lightspawn
2x gurubashi berserker
1x stormpike comando

Cheap Priest (80 Dust)

2x Circle of Healing

2x Goldshire Footman

2x Holy Smite

2x Mind Vision

2x Northshire Cleric

2x Voodoo Doctor

2x Bloodfen Raptor

2x Divine Spirit

2x Frostwolf Grunt

2x River Crocolisk

2x Ironfur Grizzly

2x Raid Leader

2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta

2x Gurubashi Berserker

Cheerio,

Bob

Thanks for this one. Worked like a charm for me too

Cheap Priest (80 Dust)

2x Circle of Healing

2x Goldshire Footman

2x Holy Smite

2x Mind Vision

2x Northshire Cleric

2x Voodoo Doctor

2x Bloodfen Raptor

2x Divine Spirit

2x Frostwolf Grunt

2x River Crocolisk

2x Ironfur Grizzly

2x Raid Leader

2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta

2x Gurubashi Berserker

Cheerio,

Bob

Well, this one is working better than the mage basic deck, but I'm still trying.  Haven't really Mulliganned hard for the Circle of Healing though.  That must be it.

Cheap Priest (80 Dust)

2x Circle of Healing

2x Goldshire Footman

2x Holy Smite

2x Mind Vision

2x Northshire Cleric

2x Voodoo Doctor

2x Bloodfen Raptor

2x Divine Spirit

2x Frostwolf Grunt

2x River Crocolisk

2x Ironfur Grizzly

2x Raid Leader

2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta

2x Gurubashi Berserker

Cheerio,

Bob

First time, easy peazy

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead