FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Corkscrewed

Holy Pally HPS concerns

Hello guys! Former enhancement shaman here. I recently took a break during Highmaul and came back to a raid full of shaman, hunters, warriors, and monks. We had very few paladins, priests, and warlocks so I decided I would re-roll since we needed a healer. At this point about two weeks in at 686 item level i feel that my heals are somewhat underwhelming. If anyone could give me pointers at playing holy paladin I would greatly appreciate it. Linked is a recent run our guild had. I also think my overhealing is way to much. The character in questions name is Crionus. Thank you.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mtPwQafNr3kM78Ky

Hi!

I would start by recommending that you change away from HA since i feel its not worth it and i would recommend DP or SW instead since you have the set bonus and it would give you more from in instead. 

I would also say that Potector of the Innocent glyph is useless and waste of healing and go with Glyph of Flash of Light instead cause of the 10% extra heal for the next spell 

And about overhealing we are gonna do that ALOT pallys have always been overhealing thanks to our big crit heals and when we pop our CDs we are always gonna overheal. To fix this blizz added the Illuminated Healing so that they still get an absorb shield which is pretty good. But sadly we are gonna have to live with that we are gonna overheal around 20% + pretty much on every fight 

I might not be as high Ilvl as you and haven´t done heroic BRF yet but i can still try to help out ^^

Hello Seax! Thanks for the reply. I only specced into holy avenger to test it out. Otherwise I went with Sanctified Wrath or DP. Maybe I'm messing up when im popping Avenging wrath? Once raid becomes full health i stop spamming my holy lights. That being said maybe I should keep spamming them even if the raid is topped to build up shields and thus upping my hps considerably? Also I should mention I holy shock on cool down, attempt to holy prism on cool down, place both beacons on tank, and i try to stay away from aoe heals unless i get procs. I could try that flash of light glyph you suggested though.

Yes even if they are topped off we add the shield to them wich means we can heal people over 100% of their HP and the shield that they get is 30% of their max HP which should mean that your HPS will improve alot 

Here is a log from when my guild took down Gruul 
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BQH6NkWdrmKq27n3#fight=6

Its a bit old since i had to take over tanking for a while but i should be able to add some better soon if you wanted to.

As you see a majority of my heals is from Illuminated Healing cause of the overheal and i always spam holy light i never stop to cast it for no reason cause of the shield

Thought I might contribute a little bit. Bit of background, I main a Holy Pally in a 10/10 heroic guild, and I'm pretty good at 9 of the fights (just can't master blackhand).

I get why you'd avoid aoe healing, but certain fights (gruul, oregorger) require you to use them or you will never compete with other healers. Since it's predictable damage spikes, you can either single or double holy radiance (HR) on the group that will take the inferno slice in gruul or the ranged in oregorger, followed up by a holy shock, and it will greatly increase output. Second, like Seax said, definitely spec into either DP or SW. Even with the 4-set I go with SW because a 33% uptime on my only healing cd (glyphed) is better than a proc-based build. Consistency is key for me. One thing to note is that I never use flash of light. My haste is relatively high at times (especially with the haste enchant on my weapon) so I have no problem holy lighting when needed. To put some things in perspective, I can normally blow other healers out of the water on maidens and blast furnace, and I am competitive on flame, thogar, kromog, gruul, oregorger, and beastlord. Hans/Frans is still tough but I'm getting it and blackhand is... blackhand. I would just suggest healing to the fight. If there are groups, then use the aoe heal. Just don't spam is or you'll go oom. Also, I would suggest getting your hands on a goren soul repository. Literally the best trinket you can get.

Yeah i can see why some fights suck for Holy pallys like Hanz and Franz since we have to move alot or Oregorger during P2 but on fights where we can stand still and heal we are dominating other healers alot even when i don´t use AoE healing i outheal most of the other by pretty much 

And for FoL use i has it Glyphed since if you get to that Oh shit moment it can be a lifesaver for the fight sometimes and the 10% buff is just freaking awesome for that. 

Im not sure but i think the 10% buff inc the heal from the next FoL but im not sure about that if someone can clarify that for me i would be happy ^^