Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Wizard: Meteor/Hydra Build with Tal Rasha Set

49 posts in this topic

Great guide, thanks a lot!

My main question is, is it worth it to sacrifice certain damage rolls to obtain the max hydra breakpoint?

Great guide, thanks a lot!

My main question is, is it worth it to sacrifice certain damage rolls to obtain the max hydra breakpoint?

In the ideal scenario, you shouldn't have to - but if you must pick, do not overcommit to Hydra breakpoints. A significant part of your DPS comes from the Meteors, so your Crit and Damage % rolls will be a baseline to improve upon with Attack Speed, not replace.

I succeeded GR40 rifts having tal rasha set, using a ramaldini ancient weapon with dmg proc(3K1 dps), conclave of element and a royal grandeur, no tal rasha amulet(only getting ass rolled ones) and aughild 3 pieces(shoulders/wrist). Switching for the all resist armor instead and using black hole as arcane proc then felt stuck. Most of my gear is not ancient and I'm barely P200.

I feel like getting your tal 6 pieces is the most important thing first. It feels quite stronger than the actual firebird. (from my tests in ladder)

Ty for this guide it will help me climbing in tiered rifts!

Deadset... why not include the convention of elements ring in this build as you're rotating thur the elements anyway?

Deadset... why not include the convention of elements ring in this build as you're rotating thur the elements anyway?

While it is an option, Focus and Restraint outclass it in the jewelry in sheer damage potential. Though I imagine it is a decent choice in Hardcore, where dropping Unity is a scary prospect!

is it a viable option to use arcane orb with obliteration instead of energy twister?

Arcane Orb can indeed be used to proc your Arcane Meteor from the Tal'Rasha set, but will indirectly influence the safety of the build, as you will lose your only source of crowd control. Use it at your own discretion. :)

Does cooldown reduction make your meteors timer shorter?

Does cooldown reduction make your meteors timer shorter?

Nope! Cooldown Reduction will not affect internal timers on items.

What about the legendary gem Enforcer? The level 25 ability seems worthless, but would the gem be viable over the other 3 suggested?

Back when Firebird was the be-all-end-all of wizard builds, it was general consensus that attack speed was next to worthless. Even with the serpent sparkler, if you used Mammoth Hydra attack speed would only help in spreading the fire in more directions. The damage per line would remain the same, but the area of effect would increase. 

That being said, why would you use tasker and theo? If you place your hydras properly, one should be able to group the enemies in a smaller area and hit them all with a slower hydra.

What about the legendary gem Enforcer? The level 25 ability seems worthless, but would the gem be viable over the other 3 suggested?

In short, Enforcer would increase your damage, but less effectively than the three suggested gems due to the (unfortunately obscure, but very impactful) way that damage buffs stack in Diablo 3. Enforcer falls into a larger pool of additive bonuses, while Bane of the Trapped and Zei are separate multipliers. Toxin on the other hand benefits all of your damage, and not the Hydras alone. smile.png

Back when Firebird was the be-all-end-all of wizard builds, it was general consensus that attack speed was next to worthless. Even with the serpent sparkler, if you used Mammoth Hydra attack speed would only help in spreading the fire in more directions. The damage per line would remain the same, but the area of effect would increase. 

That being said, why would you use tasker and theo? If you place your hydras properly, one should be able to group the enemies in a smaller area and hit them all with a slower hydra.

That has been fixed, to my knowledge. Each fire trail stacks and ticks separately from all others, whether they're from the same hydra or a different one. As such, attack speed is considered a worthy primary, and Taskers are unrivaled when it comes to buffing pet attack speed - and thus, the recommendation! smile.png

What do you think about using Black Hole with Blazar instead of Energy Twister and Wicked Wind?

What do you think about using Black Hole with Blazar instead of Energy Twister and Wicked Wind?

It can work, but you will struggle with its long cooldown (base 12 sec). The build thrives with Attack Speed as the third offensive stat, leaving few spots for Cooldown Reduction, and not having your Tal Rasha proc as soon as it comes off its 8 second cooldown is a painful dps loss. If you are set on using Black Hole however, pick an Arcane rune (Blazar is fire) - Wicked Wind is there to proc the Arcane part of the Tal Rasha set bonus. :)

I was looking for some insight on using a hellfire amulet in the tal rasha build. With the cube we can now use the royal ring and drop the tal rasha amulet for the hellfire amulet.

What are your thoughts? Is this a better option? What 4th passive if so?

Thanks for the input!

Nice build smile.png Unfortunately the Energy Twister - Wicked Wind doesn't seem effective on console version as it places the whirlwind at your character.

What would you recommend as an alternative?

Thanks Deadset for the great guides and keep them rolling biggrin.png

Now that we have cube, and I see that you put Tasker and Theo in the armor slot, what is the new Bi then?

As I see it I guess it's Cindercoat instead of Tal torso, and then use the tal gloves. Reasoning be (and not put the Cinder in the cube) is, I see a lot more Cinders dropping, so the chances for getting that "perfect" item is just greater in that order.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

I notice that you have Tasker and Theo listed as the BiS and also listed in the cube.  Do the effects stack, or is there a better option to wear (other than the Tal-Rasha gloves) or cube?

I was looking for some insight on using a hellfire amulet in the tal rasha build. With the cube we can now use the royal ring and drop the tal rasha amulet for the hellfire amulet.

What are your thoughts? Is this a better option? What 4th passive if so?

Thanks for the input!

I would go for Arcane Dynamo, Glass Cannon or even Cold Blooded.

Thanks Deadset for the great guides and keep them rolling biggrin.png

Now that we have cube, and I see that you put Tasker and Theo in the armor slot, what is the new Bi then?

As I see it I guess it's Cindercoat instead of Tal torso, and then use the tal gloves. Reasoning be (and not put the Cinder in the cube) is, I see a lot more Cinders dropping, so the chances for getting that "perfect" item is just greater in that order.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

You guessed it, definitely Cindercoat! 20% More fire damage and some RCR for good measure - sign me up please :)

I notice that you have Tasker and Theo listed as the BiS and also listed in the cube.  Do the effects stack, or is there a better option to wear (other than the Tal-Rasha gloves) or cube?

As suggested above, I would definitely give Cindercoat a try.

1 person likes this

Just start a new char in season 4... Good for someone you juste restart diablo with nothing ? Last time i play it's was withc the auction house 

Can we get de ranslor's folly in season 4 ? Or it was only in season 3 and now the regular game ?

Edited by Aimeryc

Used one of your builds for my Demon Hunter and think it's great!  Thank you for describing everything and making it easy to comprehend.  I haven't played DIII since the AH was still around and now I'm back for Seasonal 4 and your builds make it easier to come back to the game.  

Thanks again Deadset.

It might have already been said, but the double hydra wand is BiS, what would th BiS source be then?

It may have already been said and I didn't notice, but what would the best source be, if the BiS weapon is a one handed wand?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0