FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Face Hunter BrM

Guest Guest

Why exactly was Leeroy Jenkins included in this deck when it wasn't included in the Naxx/GvG Face Hunter Deck? It drives the dust cost up alot.

Why exactly was Leeroy Jenkins included in this deck when it wasn't included in the Naxx/GvG Face Hunter Deck? It drives the dust cost up alot.

From the guide:

"Leeroy Jenkins is included in the deck as a finisher, due to it's huge damage potential and fantastic synergy with Unleash the Hounds. This deck is so aggressive however, that you should not hesitate to simply play out Leeroy on curve if you don't have any better options."

"If you do not have access to Leeroy Jenkins you can use a second Arcane Golem as a replacement."

The main reason for the change is that more people are teching Healbots etc to deal with Face Hunter than they used to, so the increased damage potential is needed sometimes.

Guest Ian

works well but is insanly boring to play hope meta chance someday

facehunter mechmage combo druid meh

Guest godot

People used to say Mech Mage is cancerous, then what is this? People who play face hunter should really feel bad for themselves. I don't really understand why to play the game if it doesn't bring any fun (and most of face hunter so called "players" easily admit the deck is boring and they don't enjoy it at all). It's definitely not the case of budget, because Mech Mage Mech Shaman or Zoo are at simillar or even lower cost, they all all good enough to hit legend, even arguably much better than this cancer, but face hunters is still much more than all of those decks. The only reason I can see is that it's easier to play this and some of wins are really cheap if opp can't handle early aggression. Doesn't change the fact that such reason to play boring, cnacerous deck that doesn't provide any fun and is hated by entire community means nothing to me.

People used to say Mech Mage is cancerous, then what is this? People who play face hunter should really feel bad for themselves. I don't really understand why to play the game if it doesn't bring any fun (and most of face hunter so called "players" easily admit the deck is boring and they don't enjoy it at all). It's definitely not the case of budget, because Mech Mage Mech Shaman or Zoo are at simillar or even lower cost, they all all good enough to hit legend, even arguably much better than this cancer, but face hunters is still much more than all of those decks. The only reason I can see is that it's easier to play this and some of wins are really cheap if opp can't handle early aggression. Doesn't change the fact that such reason to play boring, cnacerous deck that doesn't provide any fun and is hated by entire community means nothing to me.

actually the reason people play this deck is because games are extremely fast(you usually win or lose around round 6) and you can get gold more quickly with it,i agree that it's extremely boring to play and frustrating to play against,but people must accept that this sort of deck is necessary for game balancing.decks like face hunter are the reason you can't make overly greedy control decks filled with late game threats and dominate over anything.

and there are plenty of ways to counter face hunter,honestly.

Guest godot

actually the reason people play this deck is because games are extremely fast(you usually win or lose around round 6) and you can get gold more quickly with it,i agree that it's extremely boring to play and frustrating to play against,but people must accept that this sort of deck is necessary for game balancing.decks like face hunter are the reason you can't make overly greedy control decks filled with late game threats and dominate over anything.

and there are plenty of ways to counter face hunter,honestly.

Mech Mage and Zoo are very aggressive as well, maybe games don't last 7 turns or shorter usually (but still they sometimes last if you open good), however your win ratio is going to be higher as they are better decks. So you still farm gold very easily, but at least you don't get bored after single game and you don't feel bad for yourself. Also I played yesterday vs face hunter player on legend (I'm currently at 2), who had golden Leeroy and other cards, so I don't really believe he needs to farm gold, especially on ranked, especially on legend. He just wants to be a cheap winner, nothing else. Gold is the only reason I would maybe accept such cancer, but the fact is you meet Hunter on the every stage of ladder, so it's impossible they all do it just for gold.

And I agree aggressive decks are needed, but Face Hunter is just a ridiculous deviation. It breaks the rules of the game, because they don't trade and they generally don't care about any resources except LP, unless such behaviour would cost them the game. It's like playing vs someone on cheats or vs someone who has completely different rule applied. In card games you always assume your opponent is reasonable and thus you can analyze different scenarios. But vs face hunter you feel like playing vs monkey, so logic will not help you (unless you consider no logic as a logic).

No need to tell me about counters, because I'm not writting all of this because I'm having troubles v Hunters. Tbh it's one of my favourite amtch-ups, because I know the game is going to be quick and end with my win. I just wanted to express my disgust, that's all.

Guest Leifster

I think Face Juggler is too slow. You never get to attack with it as it killed off imediately. Any knifes it throws the turn it's summoned typically hit enemy minions. Haunted Creeper is also pretty useless.

I play with 4x axes and 2x Southsea Deckhands and think it's much better.

Guest blacksis

Mech Mage and Zoo are very aggressive as well, maybe games don't last 7 turns or shorter usually (but still they sometimes last if you open good), however your win ratio is going to be higher as they are better decks. So you still farm gold very easily, but at least you don't get bored after single game and you don't feel bad for yourself. Also I played yesterday vs face hunter player on legend (I'm currently at 2), who had golden Leeroy and other cards, so I don't really believe he needs to farm gold, especially on ranked, especially on legend. He just wants to be a cheap winner, nothing else. Gold is the only reason I would maybe accept such cancer, but the fact is you meet Hunter on the every stage of ladder, so it's impossible they all do it just for gold.

And I agree aggressive decks are needed, but Face Hunter is just a ridiculous deviation. It breaks the rules of the game, because they don't trade and they generally don't care about any resources except LP, unless such behaviour would cost them the game. It's like playing vs someone on cheats or vs someone who has completely different rule applied. In card games you always assume your opponent is reasonable and thus you can analyze different scenarios. But vs face hunter you feel like playing vs monkey, so logic will not help you (unless you consider no logic as a logic).

No need to tell me about counters, because I'm not writting all of this because I'm having troubles v Hunters. Tbh it's one of my favourite amtch-ups, because I know the game is going to be quick and end with my win. I just wanted to express my disgust, that's all.

This might sound a little off to someone so full of himself like u, but ur opinión about face hunter isn't the law. I actually enjoy playing this deck, I find it entertaintning and challenging because very calculated strategies are needed and one poor decision in early game will probably cost the whole thing. I'm sorry to bring this to u, but not everyone thinks the way u do, and I honestly believe that ur lack of empathy in transmitting ur opinions is something u should be ashamed of. I know internet gives u anonymity, but doesn't give u the right to be a bully nor to accuse, based on ur personal opinion, others of acting as ridiculously, being a cancer or an embarrassment. I find ur lack of touch disturbing and offensive. If u hate this deck, what's the point of make a comment here? just make others feel bad about themselves? Do u enjoy creating conflict and insulting? That's so sad, I might play a deck that's a "cancer" for hearthstone, but u represent the cancer of internet.

the deck might take skill to play at a high level(if a professional player says so,i will believe so),but it's also the kind of deck that allows people who can't otherwise make it past rank 18 to reach rank 8 or some rank they should not be able to.

still,whether the deck is hard to play or not is debatable,but i don't think anyone can deny that it is one of the most frustrating decks to play against.and it's also not fun to play at all,at least for me.i can totally understand using the deck in ranked mode if you think it's a good choice for the current meta,but it annoys the crap out of me when i face face hunters while trying to chill with stupid decks like aggro priest in casual.like what's the point?casual mode is supposed to be where you mess around with the game not giving a crap about winning.i end up just straight up conceding on turn one when that happens.

but hey,it's a game.do whatever suits you.

Edited by batanete

Honestly, the most common use of Casual is just people trying to clear their daily quests as quick as possible, hence the Face Hunters.

Guest Hudul

King Crush fit in will for Leeroy Jenkins if anyone is wondering

Except, that King Krush is 9 mana, and it will just sit in your hand for a long long time and Leeroy ia 5 mana and can be used for several combos.

I absolutely would not recommend this in any circumstance. Just put the 2nd Arcane Golem back in.

Guest mrt

man im having a tough time getting this deck going. bad mulligans can really make or break this deck and control decks are wiping the floor with me. every other face hunter i play is getting a much faster start than i am as well, which is annoying.

maybe im just having a bad run of luck, but i was doing better with a xrappy paladin deck i was using last month. im stuck hovering around 18-19 on the ladder. i dont have Leeroy, but i doubt its making that much of a difference.

man im having a tough time getting this deck going. bad mulligans can really make or break this deck and control decks are wiping the floor with me. every other face hunter i play is getting a much faster start than i am as well, which is annoying.

maybe im just having a bad run of luck, but i was doing better with a xrappy paladin deck i was using last month. im stuck hovering around 18-19 on the ladder. i dont have Leeroy, but i doubt its making that much of a difference.

(sottle can correct me on this)

you're probably doing something wrong.i don't really enjoy playing this deck,but i can usually rank up insanely fast with it(i use the exact same version on this site,except that i'm using a second golem instead of leeroy,as i don't have him).personally i find that you should go face 90% of the time,but there are instances where you should trade(like trading leper gnomes into 2 life creatures to save your more important cards like knife juggler) and when you are forced to go for board control(example:you get outstarted by a deck such as tempo/mech mage,you will more than likely lose if you don't try to clear the way for your creatures).against other face hunters it's also fine not go for an all out damage race if you feel like you won't win by doing so(especially because explosive trap or unleash can wreck you if you commit to the board too much).

apart from this, i also find that the general rule of "using hero power EVERY SINGLE TURN after turn 4" is also crucial,as you're outputting damage at no card expense.

hope this helps.

Edited by batanete

^ Very good advice.

To put it in slightly more complex terms, here's how you win with Face Hunter in a nutshell.

- Play out your hand up until turn 3, making efficient trades to cement board advantage.
- Look at your hand, count how much damage you have, look at how much health the opponent has.
- Make an estimate of how much damage you can reasonably expect to draw, and how much health the opponent can reasonably be expected to gain.
- Use those numbers to calculate the amount of Hero Powers needed to win the game.
- Work out how to Hero Power that many times over the remaining turns in the game.

Wait never mind, Face Hunter is easy mode, just hit face, blah, blah, blah braindead deck etc.

thanks for the advice. i dunno, maybe the deck just isnt for me. i get pounded playing this deck for some reason. frustrating as hell since everyone complains about how easy and brainless it is (and i have gotten my ass handed to me by other face hunters as well, so i know that pain.)

i seriously struggled for 2 days to play this deck and got sent back to rank 20 consistently. last month i was able to get to 14 with a very basic Paladin deck without this much heartache.

knife jugglers last all of one/two turns every single game. i can never protect them for long enough to make them worth it. i can do consistent damage and have  board control until like turn 6 and then its all buffed/huge/taunt creatures that i cant grind through to do damage anymore and i get overrun. traps come out in hand every single game, usually before Mad Scientists show up. its quite annoying.

ive been doing better with the mid-range  hunter deck on this site, but still not great. id be playing something else if i could afford it, but this was about all i could afford at the time. back to basic junk Paladin i guess...

Guest Keaggan

Thx Icy for the community support.

For people that are striglong or just kind hit a wall I have some frank advice for ya...not all decks are for all people. This means some make more sense and fit your style of play more than others. It's less a "broken deck" thing and more how we all think differently.

Sure we can force ourselves to learn a particular deck but if it doesn't "speak" so us then it may be a good idea to move on.

However, if you are enjoying this hyper aggressive deck then here's my second piece of advice: don't hesitate and attack, attack, attack. I've dueled many QSFH and many react too slowly. You must resit the urge to trade and gain board control. I've won several times when I had ZERO minions on the facing 15+ from opponents. It's because this deck is damn fast and lethal.

Lastly I use 1 Tracking and only 1 Abusive Sergeant. After this I'm going to try dropping 1 Creeper and add Leeroy.

Guest Everett

It is amazing how useful this particular deck is.  I started at 10 and rode it down to 20!  That's good right?  The goal is to get bigger numbers, right?  I won against nothing.  Not. A. Damned. Thing.  I lost against every kind of deck, every hero type.  The best loss was against someone that was doing ranked play, for the first time, with a Shaman with only common cards.

Appreciate the recommendation, where/when did you play test the deck?

And spare me the, "you must suck," B.S.  I accept luck and random chance are part of the equation, but even if I was the worst player in the world (which I can't be starting at 10), random chance dictates I should have won something...

Appreciate the recommendation, where/when did you play test the deck?

Uh, before I posted it? At whatever Rank I was at the time, probably Legend.

This deck has been one of the most consistent top decks in the meta for months, both at high legend ranks and in tournaments. You're playing it badly.

Guest EvilLost

Any reason not to play Dire Wolf Alpha ? Instead of wolfrider or a 1drop? So far, I like the effect it has on the deck since board is often full you can trade and maximize its value

Not sure why my post isn't going through...

What about Dire Wolf Alpha in place of wolfrider or a 1drop?

Sign in to follow this