FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Freeze Mage BrM

Guest batanete

do you think there's any effective freeze mage variation that doesn't run alex?i have all the other cards listed(including antonidas and thalnos),but not her,and i find the deck very fun to play.

Guest MidgetArmy

I made this deck with a geomancer in place of thalnos until i acquire him, but I have trouble consistently pulling it off. Could you put up some gameplay of you playing with this deck and giving some tips along the way? it would help a ton haha. When I was able to pull it off it was really fun, but other times i was just kind of helpless. Im pretty sure it has to do with the way I'm playing it, but it would be cool if we could see some gameplay smile.png

Guest tom

You mention a 20 damage combo in the synergy section.  This assumes you have Bloodmage Thalnos on the board already, otherwise it's only 16 damage.

You mention a 20 damage combo in the synergy section.  This assumes you have Bloodmage Thalnos on the board already, otherwise it's only 16 damage.

I'm not so good at maths, but 6+3+3+4+4 seems to be equal to 20 to me.

Guest tom

I'm not so good at maths, but 6+3+3+4+4 seems to be equal to 20 to me.

Guide was missing one of the frostbolts previously...

As noted by the fact the hyperlink is missing on the second frostbolt:

Various combinations of spells can be used together for huge damage in a single turn. For example, the combo of Fireball, Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Ice Lance, Ice Lance is 20 damage.

No changes were made, the second Frostbolt was always there. Cards are only hyperlinked the first time they are mentioned in a paragraph (see Ice Lance in the same sentence), you must have just glossed over it.

• Sad 1

Guest Dissento

Any hope against Fatigue Rogues, now that they are playing Gang Up?

Guest ImpactPlayer

I don't have the dust yet for Alexi... would Malygos be a fair replacement dragon to help finish the game in its place?

No not really, there are builds that use Malygos, but they play both Dragons. You can try and make it work with Malygos, but the deck will be weaker.

Guest pandoramon

swap Majordomo Executus for Pyroblast so awesome!

Guest PixelChampion

First time playing this deck I was versing a hunter and I would of died on turn 8 and 9, but ice block saved me. On turn 10 I Axelstrasza into fireball into frostbolt into icelance x 2 and the hunter went from 30hp to 0. Also i had Emperor Thaurissan up for 2 turns to make that play possible.

GREAT DECK!

Guest Altyera

Recommend replacing Thalnos with Malygos. Huge synergy with Thaurissan for a full additional win condition. Seems like it would imbalance the mana curve, but it really doesn't and it's completely worth it.

to anyone who hasn't tried this deck all i have to say is DO IT.

i crafted alex yesterday after finally putting enough dust together to craft it(somehow got one legendary,one epic and one golden rare off the same pack o.O) and my experience with the deck so far has been GREAT.

not only is the deck extremely effective against most things you see on ladder right now,its also extremely fun and rewarding to play.you could say i'm a sucker for the mage class(tried pretty much every single mage deck currently on icy veins),but i don't think anyone who tries it will disagree.last time i had this much fun was with fatigue mage.

seriously,thank you for posting this(i realise the deck is a bit common and that its posted in a lot of other places,but this site is where i found out about it),that's all i have to say right now.

• Like 1

Guest Wilhelm

I lack Bloodmage Thalnos, Archmage Antonidas and 1 Doomsayer, but I have around 1200 dust and Gahz'rilla (which I may want to DE). What card is most important, and do you have good substitute for the two other cards? I have Malygos as I have seen it mentioned before.  

Doomsayer and Thalnos are the most important, you can play the deck without Antonidas, but it is weaker. There used to be an argument about whether or not Antonidas was even optimal in Freeze Mage, but since Emperor showed up it's definitely right.

Can i play malygos instead of pyroblast? I think malygos is good in this deck and u can get discounts with emperor and pull some crazy damage combo.

If the combo is fireball+frost ball+frost ball+ice lance+ice lance then:

Without thalnos is 20 damage: 6+3+3+4+4=20

With thalnos is 25 damage: 7+4+4+5+5=25

Note: you need to get the discount from emperor thaurissan to pull this combo since the fireball is 4 mana and frost balls are 3 mana each and ice lances 1 mana, u dont have enough mana to do all this in one turn cuz the total is 12 mana.

With the emperor doscount is only 7 mana and u have 3 mana left to do something else. If u have 2 fireballs instead and thanlnos on board and the discount from thaurissan is 7+7+4+4+5+5=32 damage in one turn (of course this is a dream scenario that never happens lol)

Can i play malygos instead of pyroblast? I think malygos is good in this deck and u can get discounts with emperor and pull some crazy damage combo.

Yes

Guest TurkeN

What can I replace Thalnos with? I do have all the other cards but I am only missing Thalnos. Help someone?=)

Sign in to follow this