FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MarkusFiligree

Help me help our Fury Warrior

Heya fella,

For starters I'd already like to let you know that Warcraftlogs is about infinity times better than worldoflogs to figure out problems.

It's doable on worldoflogs but it's a complete pain to sift through the information + it's not as detailed.

Anyways,

It looks to me like your warrior friend is playing without Sudden Death.

Have him play with Sudden Death instead of furious strikes.

On the kromog log he's also playing without bladestorm which is kinda weird.

Here's the thing about warrior DPS right.

Warriors have probably the lowest single target dps out of any class in the game right now.

All their damage is completely random and RNG much like ret paladins only warriors have it slightly worse if you ask me.

The reason why so many warriors do seemingly ridiculous damage is because at certain points in the fight warriors to borderline retarded damage for a few seconds before dropping back to mediocre dps.

Here, let me put that into perspective with 2 screenshots of my own logs.

Here's a screenshot of the dps on Mythic Kromog:

I3njdLT.jpg

The person 2nd on DPS did more than 10k less dps than me.

So, does that mean that everyone has really shitty gear except me?

No. ofc not. It just means that I managed to find the points in the fight where I can do absolutely ridiculous dps and abuse the living hell out of it.

Here's a graph showing my damage done.

Try to guess when I abused the fact that my bladestorm would do mongo damage:

5gznS8c.jpg

As you can see, the only reason a warrior topped the damage wasn't because he did amazing damage over all.

There are a couple of moments where your dps goes bonkers and in the end it looks like you did very decent damage even though 70% of the fight you're the tickle monster and the other 30% your a wrecking ball of doom.

If a warrior has problems with his DPS it usually comes down to his inability to do the above.

On single target fights, like gruul, you'd spec for Bloodbath and anger management because you have so much uptime on the boss that you'll keep dumping your rage like a madman and AM will give you more cooldowns in the end.

For every other fight if you're not sure how to spec look at it this way.

Warriors are good at 2 things.

1. Execute phase
2. Bladestorm

Depending on the fight you'll spec your warrior optimized to do one of these 2 things really really well.

And Save trinkets (if you have any) for these moments where your warrior can shine.

If you can bladestorm a bunch of stuff, then save everything for bladestorm.

If there's nothing to storm, save everything for execute phase and your damage will look a bit like this:

99QxMEI.jpg

I know it's not the most helpful post but in all honestly I can't really explain how to do good damage as a warrior because that kind of depends on the raid composition.

But as far as your warrior should be concerned he should be aware that the only 2 things his class is good at is bladestorming and executing. Nothing else.

Don't try to do stable DPS because that's not how warriors work.

Edit: Oh and before I forget. There's almost no difference in 1h or 2h warrior.

That's probably the most asked question, go 1h or 2h but the difference between the 2 is so unbelievably small that there's little to no point debating it.

It's kinda like race changing because that one race is sliiiiiiiiiightly better.

2handers are SLIGHTLY better but we're talking about a 1% difference if even.

Edited by Amputate

Sorry for the lack of warcraftlogs data.  We've been having issues uploading there.  The client tends to freeze about halfway through the upload.  I'm waiting on a new computer and might take over logging once I get it.  Hopefully I'll have better luck uploading there.

You've provided a TON of information,  at least a ton that I didn't know.  thanks :-)

If the warcraftlogs client freezes halfway through, most of the time that's Adobe Air being a twat.

Try uninstalling it and delete all the files left on your system. (Type %APPDATA%/adobe in your explorer and delete the folder called 'Air')

Then just re-install the Adobe Air client that you can download on the adobe website (https://get.adobe.com/air)

Good luck ;-)

Nice man, looks like today he managed to do the warrior trickery on Operator for a bit :) (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bHdQxmY6Kn4fXcyr#fight=9&type=damage-done&source=12)

Can clearly see awesome bladestorms happening :D

But do let him know to never play with Siege breaker (his last talent).

It's the worst on you can choose.

Ravager even does more single target damage but then again it does have to hit every tick.

Just keep the above in mind ;-) Play around bladestorm whenever you can, and NEVER spec bladestorm on single target fights (like gruul).

And spec for Sudden Death, seriously.

I know that it sometimes feels like you have no rage and are literally not pressing any buttons because you can't but that's how it is :( Overall the few times SD procs it will still do more damage than spamming Wild Strike all day.

Not looking at logs some common oversights that can help warrior DPS:

-Use Beserker Rage whenever it is off CD and you are not enraged.  This is greatly aided by using an Add-on to track enrage such as WeakAuras, TellMeWhen, etc. Ideally you will spend zero rage when not enraged unless it is to prevent capping.

-Switch talents per fight as mentioned already.  3+ targets often enough to use it adequately, bladestorm. Otherwise I use bloodbath as it is similar to avatar in numbers and lines up with dragon roar.  Bladestorm fights: beastlord, operator, maidens, kromog, blast furnace

-SMASH is a great rotation add-on for basic play. It lets you set number of targets via keybind (I personally use ctrl + mw up and down) and provides rotation, enrage tracking, CD availability, buff stacks, etc. Now that I am more fluid with Fury I don't use it as my be-all end-all rotation guide, but still find it useful.

-SMASH is a great rotation add-on for basic play. It lets you set number of targets via keybind (I personally use ctrl + mw up and down) and provides rotation, enrage tracking, CD availability, buff stacks, etc. Now that I am more fluid with Fury I don't use it as my be-all end-all rotation guide, but still find it useful.

True that.

It's a good addon to learn your basic rotation but it doesn't take into account that there might be 10 adds around or that the boss is doing something special.

It'll help your rotation for sure but don't follow it blindly ;)