FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Twinkielock

6.2 Buffs/Nerfs

Blizzard Dev Team reply: "Challenge accepted"

Let them come.

Who the hell do they think I am?cool.png

Well at least we've got that mastery trinket with Int proc and more sweets from loot to come.

Hope tier looks will be just as awesome as t17!

I like the tier. Latest patch addition:

• Dark Soul should now have its cooldown reset at the end of a raid encounter for all Warlock specializations

Yay! 

The ring proc now seems to be on a 2 minute cooldown (that someone else controls). Works nice for us me thinks 

Not that I'm trying to whiteknight Blizz or anything here, but why does everyone think that RPPM procs to random people in the group as a legendary effect is a bad idea? Sure, it may suck if a braindead clicker in your raid group gets the proc instead of someone useful, but once everyone gets their legendary ring, people are going to be proccing off each other all the time, right? It sounds kinda fun to me...

Because unfavorable RNG being a potential and prominent factor in Legendary design is a terrible idea in every way ?

It is good they have confirmed that they at least have some sort of alternative in the works.

The old ring design wasn't RPPM, and if it was it would still suck because if RNG can screw you, it will. Even in the MoP legendary cloak the RPPM swing for the proc was fairly wide a lot of times. At early progression it made a VERY large swing in your raid wide DPS if you got screwed by RNG. Most people just don't remember that because of how effing long SoO was out.

The new design for the ring isn't all that impressive still, but it is at least better then it was before. Still lacks imagination or flavor.

• Like 1

First, if the changes to demo move forward, what spec do you guys predict will be the way to go for a Heroic guild?

Second,considering the multitude of nerfs that both demo and destro have already received this expac, it feels like we're just choosing the lesser of two evils. 'Lesser' being relative the more and more nerfs each spec receives..thoughts?

First, if the changes to demo move forward, what spec do you guys predict will be the way to go for a Heroic guild?

As usual, spec won't matter so much for Heroic difficulty as good performance does. Barring exceptions like Heroic Blackhand, nothing is really tuned so tightly that your spec is going to be a tremendous player in your success for Heroic and lower difficulties.

That being stated, play whatever you enjoy the most.

Assuming all of the Demonology nerfs to make it live, I would see Affliction and Destruction being the ideal arrangement for Mythic raiding in 6.2.

Second,considering the multitude of nerfs that both demo and destro have already received this expac, it feels like we're just choosing the lesser of two evils. 'Lesser' being relative the more and more nerfs each spec receives..thoughts?

I must disagree entirely about your assessment of Destruction.

While the Rain of Fire nerf was unnecessary and troublesome, Destruction is actually doing well and is only set to get better as gear continues to gain in Mastery rating. It already surpasses Demonology in a few areas of BrF.

The real thing that downplays the other two specs is not their weaknesses, but rather that Demonology has no glaring weakness so to speak. That makes it immensely more difficult for our other two specs to shine through.

Do not discount Affliction as a player either ; thought it has not had ample opportunity to shine in the present tier, it is still a solid spec and will only become better in the upcoming patch.

Predicated upon the Demonology nerfs going through, it will be the preeminent single-target spec particulary with T18 set bonuses being a factor.

First, thanks for the response.

What spec do you recommend on Heroic Blakchand? We started attempts on him this week, and so far I’ve only used demo on him because of all the consistent movement. I tested out destruction the first few weeks in BRF, but haven’t since then.

Also, what areas of BRF do you feel that destro surpasses demo? Demo ST is better, and with the high movement on every single fight, I don’t really see the benefit.

I may have missed it, but is there an updated list of T18 set bonuses? The only list I’ve seen are all placeholder values.

Edited by Sargiean

Well basically if Demo becomes non-viable and the other 2 specs remain in their current state then in my opinion you will be severely neutering yourself by playing only one spec Sargian. Neither of those are rounded enough to be able to perform decently on every fight.

For Blackhand personally, I wouldn't be without Demonic Leap for as let's just say we have positioning issues and it is handy for the mark as well.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1743686-Blackhand-HC-afflic-vs-demofor some other views.

Destro can be supposedly strong on Kromag, Blast and Blackhand I think but that is only going by what I have read. A lot of people have stated that you can't do GoSac-CR properly before getting GSR (and 4 set) so I have only been playing with it in LFR so far and I think that it may depend on group composition as well. Supposedly it can have more regular burst and better sustained AoE than Demo. 

Edited by spikeysquad

What spec do you recommend on Heroic Blakchand?

Demonology is always a safe choice. I also had pretty good results with Affliction.

I only tried Destruction on Heroic Blackhand twice and it was before I had any tier, so I am personally unsure of how well it does. You may look at warcraftlogs for a more exact answer to that part.

Also, what areas of BRF do you feel that destro surpasses demo? Demo ST is better, and with the high movement on every single fight, I don’t really see the benefit.

It does strong anywhere you can using Havoc to your advantage or where Chaos Bolt's burst damage shines.

It does very well on Oregorger for destroying boxes, it is virtually prerequesite for Mythique Kromog and I did well with it for Blast Furnace as far as Primal Elementalist damage goes.

I may have missed it, but is there an updated list of T18 set bonuses? The only list I’ve seen are all placeholder values.

I have not seen it yet, if so.

However, regardless of placeholder numbers or not, those bonuses are going to be very good for Affliction.

Well basically if Demo becomes non-viable and the other 2 specs remain in their current state then in my opinion you will be severely neutering yourself by playing only one spec Sargian. Neither of those are rounded enough to be able to perform decently on every fight.

For Blackhand personally, I wouldn't be without Demonic Leap for as let's just say we have positioning issues and it is handy for the mark as well.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1743686-Blackhand-HC-afflic-vs-demofor some other views.

Destro can be supposedly strong on Kromag, Blast and Blackhand I think but that is only going by what I have read. A lot of people have stated that you can't do GoSac-CR properly before getting GSR (and 4 set) so I have only been playing with it in LFR so far and I think that it may depend on group composition as well. Supposedly it can have more regular burst and better sustained AoE than Demo. 

I absolutely agree that playing one spec is neutering yourself. If it comes to it, I’ll suck it up and spec affliction, even though I LOVE the way demo is played, and really enjoy the simplicity but satisfying punch that squeezing off a bunch of chaos bolts gives.

My thoughts exactly for Blackhand, which is why I've been running demo. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something more important though.

For Kromag, I tried sniping the runes of grasping earth with havoc/shadow burn cleaves, but they were dying really, really fast. I ended up doing more damage in demo, but that was from the first few weeks. I ended up switching to demo for the chaos cata + corruption/chaos wave combo because the hand hit boxes are so large. Going to have to try destro out with the new gear though.  J

Demonology is always a safe choice. I also had pretty good results with Affliction.

I only tried Destruction on Heroic Blackhand twice and it was before I had any tier, so I am personally unsure of how well it does. You may look at warcraftlogs for a more exact answer to that part.

It does strong anywhere you can using Havoc to your advantage or where Chaos Bolt's burst damage shines.

It does very well on Oregorger for destroying boxes, it is virtually prerequesite for Mythique Kromog and I did well with it for Blast Furnace as far as Primal Elementalist damage goes.

I have not seen it yet, if so.

However, regardless of placeholder numbers or not, those bonuses are going to be very good for Affliction.

I’ll stick with demo on Blackhand for now, since my experience with affliction this expac is limited.

Great point about Oregorger. I hadn't considered the havoc cleave here. On a fight like BF as destro, what talents are you using? 

I exclusively use Charred Remains + Grimoire of Sacrifice while playing Destruction.

It is important to have a lot of Mastery. Tier bonuses and Goren Soul Repository are also immensely helpful in making the spec stand out.

I exclusively use Charred Remains + Grimoire of Sacrifice while playing Destruction.

It is important to have a lot of Mastery. Tier bonuses and Goren Soul Repository are also immensely helpful in making the spec stand out.

Got it, thanks. I just got my 4 piece this week and a HWF GSR, so I'll have to try the spec out. I'm actually really looking forward to being able to switch between two viable specs :)

What's your mastery self buffed? 

What's your mastery self buffed? 

1696 on the character sheet with no food or other buffs present.

I would like much more, if the loot rolls could be more favorable :p

Yeah once the raid has some gear certain bosses are a walkover. On Kromog now I play DemServ as I just don't get a look in or with Cata people are broken out too early. At the start of BRF people were dying in hands!

mmmm 1317 mastery (in Demo) at 687 so only slightly worse than you Anya. Sheesh my gear must be all over the place. 

Damn you Shizwix and your 6 sockets! Looking at the updated patch notes monks had their 30% reductions dropped to 5%, gives hope that Blizz may spare Demo and only drop all of our everything 5-10%. Only problem with that is the other 2 specs should have been buffed to demo not demo nerfed to them.