6.2 Buffs/Nerfs

Updated T18 set for warlocks:

Trinkets:

Fragment of the Dark Star
Mythic
Item Level 740
Binds when picked up
Unique-Equipped Trinket   Classes: Warlock Equip:  Affliction
Reduces the duration and period of Agony, Unstable Affliction, and Corruption by 22.81%

Equip:  Demonology
Hand of Gul'dan has a 45.62% chance to also summon 3 Wild Imps

Equip:  Destruction
Incinerate increases the critical strike chance of your spells against that target by 4.56% for 10 sec, stacking up to 5 times

Iron Reaver Piston
Mythic
Item Level 725
Binds when picked up Trinket   +474 Intellect
+278 Critical Strike (2.53% @ L100)
+278 Haste (3.09% @ L100)

Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia
Mythic
Item Level 725
Binds when picked up Trinket   +502 Mastery (4.56 @ L100)

Equip: Your spells and abilities have a chance to grant 1379 Intellect for 20 sec.  (Approximately1.00 procs per minute)

Unblinking Gaze of Sethe
Mythic
Item Level 725
Binds when picked up Trinket   +502 Intellect Equip: Your damaing spells have a chance to fire a beam of blacklight in the target's direction, dealing14357 Shadow damage to all targets that it passes through.  (Approximately [5.00 + Haste]procs per minute)

Prophecy of Fear
Mythic
Item Level 725
Binds when picked up Trinket   +502 Intellect Equip: Your direct spell damage has a chance to apply Mark of Doom for 10 sec. Direct spell damage you do against the Marked target triggers an explosion for 7180 Shadow damage.  (Approximately 1.50 procs per minute)

and last one which is not part of any boss loot table atm:

Chipped Soul Prism
Mythic
Item Level 725
Binds when picked up Trinket   +225 Intellect
+225 Critical Strike (2.05% @ L100)
+225 Haste (2.5% @ L100)
+225 Versatility (1.73% @ L100)
+225 Mastery (2.05 @ L100)
+225 Multistrike (3.41% @ L100)

Interesting things to note are that Gaze of Sethe RPPM scales with haste (affliction aoe trinket perhaps? lol nah), Demonology's 2set and Destruction's Archimonde trinket gives us a buff to maintain for 99%+ of the fight. Prophecy of Fear looks like it won't trigger from DoTs and things like pet attacks, unsure about the drain soul ticks and multistrikes though.

All the nerfs/buffs to the specs themselves remain unchanged.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Puns.

I find the Affliction tier set and the trinket bonuses a little odd.

Destro tier I thiink basically means its CR all the way (sigh).  The trinket stacking buff I guess adds an extra later of complexity on multiple targets but not really on ST I think.

The Demonology tier sets are both based around MC procs/SF and we're encouraged to use HoG more from the trinket (which also gives us more procs and imps) so I can see that again being a bit blergh on ST for tuning but getting majorly out of hand on multiple target fights unless they have long ICDs. So the idea is that cast a SF every 15 seconds instead of dumping all on damage procs? Different but I guess if these are the only trinkets so far there is only one proc anyhow to utilise. Of course this is assuming I will ever get to play Demo! 

I think pets do count as direct damage and as "you" in wording. However, saying that it would be too OPed in this instance with all pets casting so I think that they will not count. (I may be wrong). 

2 static stat trinkets at the moment is strange I think but yes we still have 2-4 months. 

Edited by spikeysquad

It's worth noting that the Archimonde trinket's destruction effect is worded as if it's going to be a debuff on the target rather than a buff we maintain on ourselves.

Yeah I probably shouldn't of called it a buff then but I did assume it was on the target. Like I said I think keeping it on ST/main target is mostly passive as we will cast Incinerate (except maybe for some crazy SBing and dumping phase) but getting the stacks up and then tracking the debuff and rotating Incinerate round multiple targets could be fun (or a nightmare). Wonder if it works with F&B.

Edited by spikeysquad

Cool, so we need the trinket to fuel the 4p, to make use of the 2p. (demo)  Seems very backwards for gear progression, though i don't have complaints about the synergy design.

Wonder if the 2p allows a talent like service to double dip....since it seems its already going to buff Servitude much more than Cata/Db due to the shift in % of dmg from main pet.

Given you will be running CR, I don't really see how the 4p is overly exciting, since ember generation is so high, a free ember is diminished in value.  That said, I guess 2p and some 4p procs will allow more CB's in those 10s proc windows... and some sexy RNG openers.

Do I need to care about affliction again yet? :P

Edited by Soulzar

Very underwhelmed/disappointed by the demonology set/trinket effects... It doesn't seem to me at first glance that this will carry the heavy nerfs to the spec; consequently, I guess I better start hanging up my demonology spec for the expansion :\

Highlighted newest changes (not including tooltip fixes because no one cares).

Talents:

• Mortal Coil: Horrifies an enemy target into fleeing, incapacitating them for 3 sec and healing you for (11 * Total Health / 100).

Demonology:

• Molten Core: Your Shadow Bolt and Soul Fire on targets below 25% health reduce cast time, mana cost and demonic fury cost of your next Soul Fire by 50%. Hand of Gul'dan damage over time and Wild Imp Firebolt damage have an 8% chance to trigger this effect at any health level. Chaos Wave damage will always trigger this effect.

• T18 2P bonus: Your Soul Fire increases the damage done by your Demons by 5% for 15 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times.

Mortal Coil change isn't that exciting considering most other classes with similar healing CDs (prayer of healing for example) got a similar tweak. Demonology still won't be viable with the current nerfs but I suspect they will either be reverted or adjusted accordingly to how they're planning on handling the spec.

2p stacking is def better than just 5%, but I just do not get where they are going with this....

1st off, Our opener with Service.  Do we use Service on pull with all our procs.. or do we hold it until it does 25% more dmg at 5 stacks?  I dont like this choice at all.

2nd.... our 2 piece now buffs Servitude by 25%, and does nothing for the other two lvl 100 talents.  This seems very...short sighted on their part..

Am I the only who think it's kinda suspicious that they nerf Demo 25% on all spells & then gives us a 25% increase on pets through tier bonus ?! ( TINFOIL HATS, just joking here , doesn't make any sense biggrin.png )

Back on topic, it does seem like a quite iffy opener, as Soulzar mentioned. So many questions, even if we hold of grimoire till 5 stacks, we lost all our previous buffs considering getting 5 MC procs so fast seems kinda ridiculous (at least without Imp Swarm).

Perhaps the trinket will help a tad if you're able to get 3 imps right of the bat.

EDIT: honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they just let the tier bonus work only with your main pet :P

Edited by Gruxa

Those changes are just tooltip amendments. Molten Core already reduces Soul Fires's cost by 50%, and Chaos Wave already procs one MC charge.

Back on topic, it does seem like a quite iffy opener, as Soulzar mentioned. So many questions, even if we hold of grimoire till 5 stacks, we lost all our previous buffs considering getting 5 MC procs so fast seems kinda ridiculous (at least without Imp Swarm).

Perhaps the trinket will help a tad if you're able to get 3 imps right of the bat.

I was thinking about it a bit more after I posted, and I'm not even sure Service on opener will be an issue, considering Servitude gains so much more from the 2p, and Supremacy's multiplicative 20% will buff that even further.

I think the new Demo ST will end up being Supremacy/Servitude.

I cant say I have anything aganist GoSup getting to shine again, though still concerned with the seemingly imbalanced lvl 100 talents synergy with our new 2p.

I think the new Demo ST will end up being Supremacy/Servitude.

I may be lost when you say new Demo ST is Sup/Serv. Isn't the current Demo ST Sup/Serv?

I may be lost when you say new Demo ST is Sup/Serv. Isn't the current Demo ST Sup/Serv?

No you are incorrect. The current single target setup for demo is Serv/Serv, not Sup/Serv.

Just tried out the new 4set+class trinket for affliction. The amount of time you can keep haunt rolling is hilarious with 2x DS lust opener with a decent amount of 2set procs.

So you actually had time to DS in between all the DoT refreshes? tongue.png

Ah seems like HoG has another nerf... Or perhaps just had an adjustment from the previous one.

Edited by spikeysquad

Since everything else got nerfed, too, can we use demon bolt again? I'm half serious, just discovered and fell in love with demonology, and demon bolt looks like a lot of fun, but apparantly I'm a few months too late. While personally, I'm unlikely to do any content where spec and talent choice goes beyond personal preference, it's nice when all chocies are roughly viable even in harder content.

So I went to test GoSup/Serv as i thought it would scale better with our 2p.  It really did not do well.  No service call or 10m doomguard on pull .. absolutely no burst with all your procs aligned.

The I decided to give DB a whirl since fury generation is out of this world... and it did VERY well.  Not Destro levels of well, but much much better than Sup/Serv.  I will need to test Serv/Serv to see if the stacked cooldown helps Servitude out at all, but I was a bit surprised to have DB beat out Servitude, given our 2p buff servitude by 25%  Perhaps my sample size is to small.

Interested in others results.

Overall Demo feels absolutely amazing with the trinket... but will need to come up a bit more to be a contender IMO.  guess we will see where it sits when 4p works.  As right now, despite procced minions missing all attacks and doing no dmg... unless it has an absurdly long ICD, the 30% proc is not working.

CR Destro with the 2p is fun as hell.  I think they've done really well with this.  Its very fast paced and engaging and when you get a few 4p procs on a main CB dump its so sexy.

So I went to test GoSup/Serv as i thought it would scale better with our 2p.  It really did not do well.  No service call or 10m doomguard on pull .. absolutely no burst with all your procs aligned.

The I decided to give DB a whirl since fury generation is out of this world... and it did VERY well.  Not Destro levels of well, but much much better than Sup/Serv.  I will need to test Serv/Serv to see if the stacked cooldown helps Servitude out at all, but I was a bit surprised to have DB beat out Servitude, given our 2p buff servitude by 25%  Perhaps my sample size is to small.

Interested in others results.

Overall Demo feels absolutely amazing with the trinket... but will need to come up a bit more to be a contender IMO.  guess we will see where it sits when 4p works.  As right now, despite procced minions missing all attacks and doing no dmg... unless it has an absurdly long ICD, the 30% proc is not working.

CR Destro with the 2p is fun as hell.  I think they've done really well with this.  Its very fast paced and engaging and when you get a few 4p procs on a main CB dump its so sexy.

What about CR-Destro with high-movement fights, which seem to be just about everything?  Does destro still feel as good?  Did you try using KJC over AD? 

I was testing Archi HC yesterday & I swapped to KJC as destro, worked out great if you ask me smile.png

EDIT: Lol wtf I just read about some kind of Shadowflame dot nerf (40% !!) on Darkintentions (ty Zagam), am I so blind that i completely misssed this? Cause I don't seem to find an official patch note on that.

Edited by Gruxa