FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Feldar

6.2 Resto shaman discussion thread

Hey guys, 

The new 6.2 PTR patch notes have been released and theres quite some big stuff in it. (read all about it here and new class specific trinkets here)

PATCH CHANGES:

Restoration

• Chain Heal now heals for 25% more.
  • Riptide no longer increases Chain Heal's effectiveness by 25% on the primary target.

TIER 18 SET BONUSES:

NEW TRINKET:

Casting Healing Surge, Chain Heal, or Healing Wave on a target with your Riptide on it has a 50.00/57.47/66.16 chance to spread that Riptide to another nearby ally

I'm still looking into it myself but im not 100% sure if i actually want to trade out tier 17 for tier 18. Chain heal has been buffed, equip the shaman trinket, get a few riptides out on the raid and just spam chain heals on riptided targets all day every day?

Further on i dont really like how blizzard makes resto shaman about 1 spell every raid tier... first chain heal and now riptide. And seems to me as well that stat priority might become a bit better for haste and crit. Its all about riptide and the crit value of riptide goes up to 200% with 2 piece. Stack a lot of haste and you get more riptide ticks and more casts off on riptide target that gives free riptides because of the shaman trinket.

What do you guys think of the patch, how will it influence resto shaman in general etcetc. DISCUSS! biggrin.png

Edited by Feldar

I think the set bonus might let crit get a bit closer to mastery, but this isn't nearly enough to make crit good enough to stack. Mastery will still be better than anything else, which is probably intentional considering we get a 5% bonus on it.

You missed my favorite resto change, though:

"Chain Heal now heals for 25% more. Riptide no longer increases Chain Heal's effectiveness by 25% on the primary target."

Basically we get the pre-Wrath version of Chain Heal back, so in 6.2 you can once again use CH to target people who actually need healing, rather than being locked to people you previously thought might need healing in the future. Much less clunky and much more fun to use. And since High Tide hasn't changed, it won't really affect your use of Riptide much.

Changed my main post and threw in all the new stuff for resto shammies.

I didnt miss your favourite resto change, but kept it short by just saying it was buffed. That 25% flat buff is the reason i feel like tier 17 might still be a really strong option. At the start of the fight you throw 1 or 2 riptides on the raid, after that (if you have that resto shaman trinket) you just spam chain heals on riptided targets to keep riptides up on the raid.

If you go 4 set tier 18 and use the shaman trinket i really see crit becoming very important. I imagine you will have around 9 riptides ticking on the raid on average during a fight?

Haste already was really close to mastery including the 5% mastery buff. If you were on progression fights where the raid was below 60% (iirc?) mastery was the best stat. But on most fight i'd say haste already was better than mastery.

at the moment im still stacking mastery myself because I only care about progression and dont feel the need to top the meters by sniping tongue.png

Edited by Feldar

I like the new 2/4 set bonuses.. I was wondering.... Multistrikes can proc 4 set bonus and apply riptide on that target? 

Ok... about the stats priority in 6.2 , I think that mastery will remain primary stats that you`ll stack... but with the nr2 stats , there will be some place to discuss . First thing... if multistrikes can proc 4 set bonus , i think multistrike will be very useful and will be = with haste because haste is good for riptide too.. 

I personally think that the trinket, tier, Chain heal change will synchronize so well that it would probably put us in the top of the healing classes specially for raid. As for stats i think the value of spirit will increase tremendously as spamming chain heal will hurt our mana so better get your BRF spirit trinkets ready just incase.

As for Master crit multi and haste

Crit will have value increased alot but i dont think crit will ever be above mastery as i still think riptide wont even be close to chain heal healing

Haste might compete with mastery and i think it will over throw mastery at end of the tier specially if the items contain some haste in them but haste will hurt our mana by tons there for i still think mastery will be ahead during progress where people useually drop low.

As for multistrike if it makes riptide Spread more with the trinket then it will also get stronger

My expectations for stat priority for Rshaman 6.2

For Progress Mastery>Multi>=Haste>crit>versa

For Farm Multi>=Haste>Crit>Mastery

Ofcourse All that while spirit gonna by far our top stat specially since tier 17 made us need alot less spirit now it will change.

My expectations for stat priority for Rshaman 6.2

For Progress Mastery>Multi>=Haste>crit>versa

For Farm Multi>=Haste>Crit>Mastery

Ofcourse All that while spirit gonna by far our top stat specially since tier 17 made us need alot less spirit now it will change.

Why multi so high?

He's making that stat priority with this assumption "As for multistrike if it makes riptide Spread more with the trinket then it will also get stronger"

Mastery is only good when people are below 60% a lot, crit will be a lot of overhealing, versatility is crap. Im not sure if i would agree with Multristrike being better than haste but... well shouldn't be to far off on farm bosses.