FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
hakuk

Doubts about profession

First, I would like to apologize for my English, I am using bing translator.

Well, I'm in a doubt about my profession, I'm currently using engineer, more Tailor, however, think it would be better to Engineer + blacksmith, due to the extra slots 2 where can I by anything.

According to Ask mr robot, it would be a gain of 2 k dps.

However, the proc Lightweave Embroidery 45s ICD + Synapse Springs DCI 60s practically could sometimes align both due to chance to proc from Lightweave Embroidery be of 50% and can delay a bit the Synapse.

And using blacksmith would have + 640de Mast or Hast, as in Heroic Gear, would be very welcome this flexibility in breakpoints, or even stack mastery because mastery of 2 is better than 1 int.

Wanted the opinion of you, and again apologies, I thought a lot before creating this topic because my English, but as always I follow the forum, and I see so many being helped, I thought, why don't I ...: D Good thanks and see you soon.

My amory, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Halky/advanced

I am not sure if it's just my browser failing (other threads are fine) but your text is black, and thus quite hard to see against the gray background. For those who care to see, he wrote:

First, I would like to apologize for my English, I am using bing translator.

Well, I'm in a doubt about my profession, I'm currently using engineer, more Tailor, however, think it would be better to Engineer + blacksmith, due to the extra slots 2 where can I by anything.

According to Ask mr robot, it would be a gain of 2 k dps.

However, the proc Lightweave Embroidery 45s ICD + Synapse Springs DCI 60s practically could sometimes align both due to chance to proc from Lightweave Embroidery be of 50% and can delay a bit the Synapse.

And using blacksmith would have + 640de Mast or Hast, as in Heroic Gear, would be very welcome this flexibility in breakpoints, or even stack mastery because mastery of 2 is better than 1 int.

Wanted the opinion of you, and again apologies, I thought a lot before creating this topic because my English, but as always I follow the forum, and I see so many being helped, I thought, why don't I ...: D Good thanks and see you soon.

My amory, http://us.battle.net.../Halky/advanced

My own, very limited 2 cents Hakuk:

In so far as I know, the profession buffs from all non-gathering professions this expansion are very well balanced. Consequently, you are unlikely to derive a substantial benefit from choosing one over another. Engineering, Tailoring and Smithing should all be very close, with, I believe, tailoring carrying a slight advantage (I am unsure of this, but I believe I read that somewhere).

If you want to change one of the professions to smithing so that you can align stats more easily, that is your choice, but I think you will obtain ilvl ~475 fairly quickly, and one you do you wont have to worry very much about squeezing those extra stats out of gems to meet breakpoints. This is just my opinion, based on personal experience.

Bottom line: Smithing is a pain to level, and I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice by unlearning a good profession like tailoring, for at best a very tiny benefit, if any at all.

I am sure others here can weigh in more on the math of comparing the various professions, but above is my opinion based on my knowledge at the moment.

Cheers,

-A

The reason the text is like that is because he copied it straight from the Bing translator.

For some dumb reason everything is saving the format of the copied text and when pasted into a rich text editor it keeps the format.. I for one hate it because I don't understand why you would ever want to paste the format other then the same place you copied it from . I suppose there is a reason though I can't see any, I thought reason copy/paste existed was just to transfer text (other then whole pictures etc). I just don't understand. It should just paste it into the format of the space you are pasting it into..

/endrant

Regardless it is not his fault.

On topic: what the above poster is correct.

Edited by krazyito65

Professions

Below you can find a table with all the updated professions and their bonuses for MoP.

Engineering - Since patch 4.0.1, tinkers now stack with normal enchants. Synapse Springs tinker to gloves provides +1920Int for 10 seconds with a 60 second CD. This averages to a +320Int bonus if used on CD.

Leatherworking - +500Int to bracers in place of +180Int, giving a +320Int bonus.

Jewelcrafting - 2 Brilliant Serpent's Eye +320Int, in place of Brilliant Primordial Ruby +160Int provides with a +320Int bonus or 2 Sparkling Serpent's Eye +480Spirit in place of 2 Sparkling River's Heart+320Spirit will provide with a +320Spirit Bonus.

Blacksmithing - Extra sockets into wrists and gloves provides either 2 additional Brilliant Primordial Ruby for +320Int bonus or 2 Sparkling River's Heart for a +640Spirit bonus.

Alchemy - Mixology, combined with Flask of the Warm Sun provides a +320Int.

Enchanting - +160Int to each ring provides a +320Int bonus.

Inscription - +520Int/100crit haste shoulder enchant is a +320Int bonus over the regular enchant.

Tailoring - Lightweave Embroidery gives 2000 Int for 15 seconds on a 64 second ICD. This averages to 468Int, which replaces the normal +180Int enchant, providing only a +288Int bonus. / Darkglow Embroidery gives + 3000 Spirit for 15sec on a 50sec ICD. This averages to +900Spirit making it an incredible choice for mana regen.

Herbalism - Lifeblood is now a cooldown providing a small heal and 2880 haste for 20 seconds on a 2 minute CD. This averages to an +480haste bonus.

Skinning - + 480Crit

Mining - + 480Stamina

Edited by Animux
  • Like 1

The linked bonuses above are correct. While BS does give the two socket flexibility, Intellect only becomes more and more valuable as you gear up. You never know where these professions will be tweaked...they're already looking at racials, so you'd likely punch yourself if Tailoring became the best again. The DPS gain or loss from professions is negligible in the grand scheme of things...and more important, they don't grow as you gain more and better gear, so their effect becomes diminished.

Thank you to everyone who replied.

Good, now I understand the why not Exchange or not. As Zagam, even spoke, one could be a shot in the EP, but currently I think more viable to go to BS, like the synergy, I might be wrong, I'll change, and be nerfada or another becomes better, replace the profession again: D. Thank you again to everyone, see you soon.

Então cara, troque a Engenharia por Encantamento ou outra profissão à gosto, como Alquimia ou Joalheria, que está tudo certo, os bônus de profissões atualmente estão bem aproximados, porém mais um CD de ataque por causa da Engenharia é meio chato.

Apesar de parecer inferior, Alfaiataria é bem bacana quando se junta aos outros procs, pode vir à calhar, não precisa trocar de profissão.

-----

Sorry for the portuguese, but probably he will understand a lot better Posted Image

Edited by JvChequer
  • Like 2