FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lanzelloth

Barrage is best for BM? and other noobish hunter questions

So I'm kinda a noob when it comes to hunters, hunter is my alt, but now it's past ilvl 660 and I switched to BM from MM because it does more dps based on sims at these ilvl and my gear (actually most ppl's gear too prob) would be better on BM because agi is worth more to BM.

1. So for MM the guide says Glaive toss is better for single target, but barrage is close second and better for multi target. But the BM guide says barrage is just better for both cases, is this correct? and why is that?
  2. Does Stampede get better with heroism, or focus fire, or increased haste/buffs in general? like at beginning of boss fights should I try to wait for 5 stacks for focus fire before using stampede? same thing with dire beast.
  3. is there any drawback from using glyph of stampede? I haven't even caught enough pets to fill in the 5 slots

<p>So I'm kinda a noob when it comes to hunters, hunter is my alt, but now it's past ilvl 660 and I switched to BM from MM because it does more dps based on sims at these ilvl and my gear (actually most ppl's gear too prob) would be better on BM because agi is worth more to BM. 

• So for MM the guide says Glaive toss is better for single target, but barrage is close second and better for multi target. But the BM guide says barrage is just better for both cases, is this correct? and why is that?
  • Does Stampede get better with heroism, or focus fire, or increased haste/buffs in general? like at beginning of boss fights should I try to wait for 5 stacks for focus fire before using stampede? same thing with dire beast.
  • is there any drawback from using glyph of stampede? I haven't even caught enough pets to fill in the 5 slots
1) Barrage is better for BM due to frequently being able to halve its focus cost with the BW resets from the 2pc.2) Stampede scales with everything. Haste, crit, MS, AP, everything, and it's all dynamic (meaning it updated as it goes). You Gould be using Stampede on pull (depending on talents, with DB you should open as such: Pre pot > DB > Stampede > BW > KC > Barrage > Focus Fire. With SF it should be this: Pre pot + pre cast Cobra Shot > Cobra Shot > Stampede > BW > KC > Barrage > Focus Fire.)3) What the glyph does is combine all your pets into one pet in logs and skada/recount. Another note, if you don't have the 4pc, BM and MM are going to be roughly equal in terms if ST and BM ahead for multi target.
  • Like 1