FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Fel Reaver Mech Shaman Wild

What are your thoughts on using an Earth Shock on your on Fel Reaver? Seems like it could create all kinds of issues for the opposition. Maybe even in another deck include the Ancestors card that has 0 cost but brings a minion back to full health and adds Taunt? Maybe some other possibility's here for this card as well? 

What are your thoughts on using an Earth Shock on your on Fel Reaver? Seems like it could create all kinds of issues for the opposition. Maybe even in another deck include the Ancestors card that has 0 cost but brings a minion back to full health and adds Taunt? Maybe some other possibility's here for this card as well? 

In my experience, it's almost always better to hold Earth Shock for an enemy Taunt that your own Fel Reaver.

Guest Pod607

I've been playing this deck for the last 48 hours, and have had a pretty satisfying winrate so far, but i've been struggling against faster decks, especially mech mages. 

It's like, either he draws the Cogmaster+Mechwarper+Annoy-o-tron faster and you're done, either he doesn't but turn 4 Goblin Blastmage flips your board nonetheless and you're dead as soon as he draws fireball.

I'm currently trying -Lava Burst +Lightning Storm and want to know what you guys do think of it.

Also, Earth Shocking an Aldor'd Reaver is beast ;D

Powermace is your key card against Mech Mage, you should mulligan really hard for it. Lightning Storm isn't that good.

Guest Geoff

What is this deck in comparision to Mech Mage? Is it better, worse? Much better, much worse? I assume match-ups are the same, since both decks play very simmilar game and style, so it's all about pure power. Shaman seems to be more versatile due to having cards like Elementals, Earth Shock and especially weapons. It has similar game ending potential, even without Fireballs/Antonidas, and more space for techs. On the other hand Mage has great burst damage, amazing Blastmage, seems to be a bit more consistent and it's better at playing midrange style, while Shaman rather plays purely aggresive game. So is there a clear winner?

Guest Barrett

Would you add Fireguard Destroyer to this deck? If so, what would you replace?

What is this deck in comparision to Mech Mage? Is it better, worse? Much better, much worse? I assume match-ups are the same, since both decks play very simmilar game and style, so it's all about pure power. Shaman seems to be more versatile due to having cards like Elementals, Earth Shock and especially weapons. It has similar game ending potential, even without Fireballs/Antonidas, and more space for techs. On the other hand Mage has great burst damage, amazing Blastmage, seems to be a bit more consistent and it's better at playing midrange style, while Shaman rather plays purely aggresive game. So is there a clear winner?

No there isn't a clear winner, that's part of the joy of Hearthstone, different decks are better at different times and against different matchups. Mech Shaman certainly comes out on top against Mech Mage in the direct face to face matchup though.

Would you add Fireguard Destroyer to this deck? If so, what would you replace?

The Mech Yeti goes for sure, whether or not i'd play a second one, and what i'd cut for it would need some more experimentation.

How does this deck work? It loses to all aggro decks. Pally's lol it. Warriors lol it. Priest lol at it. They all can insta remove the reaver. The mech early game is extremely mulligan dependent. I'm so confused. I've lost 20 in a row. I've gotten demoted several several leagues. I've never had a deck play this poorly and i've made joke deck challenges and get single digits easily. How is this deck a legendary quality deck?!

The idea is to put on enough pressure so that your opponent is forced to use removal before you drop your Reaver, it's actually pretty strong in most Aggro mirrors because of how good Powermace is, and it definitely beats Warrior. Without actually seeing you play or having specific questions to answer, I can't really help more than that.

Guest himegoto

between this and the original mech shaman, which is the better one generally speaking?

I haven't try out shaman yet and the original mech deck is more forgiving in the dust needed tongue.png

Could you tell me please why you categorised this deck as a meta deck? I just wasted 800 arcane for fel reavers, it seems that it's countering itself. My opponents just say thanks to me for playing this deck.

Could you tell me please why you categorised this deck as a meta deck? I just wasted 800 arcane for fel reavers, it seems that it's countering itself. My opponents just say thanks to me for playing this deck.

The only thing I can say is that you are not playing it correctly. This deck has been used by considerable amount of people to reach legend with and Fel Reavers are run in many aggro deck, such as Mech Mage or Aggro Druid. However, it takes some time to learn how to use them properly and when is it safe to put them down. You either need to practice with it or watch some videos to see, how the deck should be played.

But I can't even win casual games, I played 5 and luckily won 1. How can I fail that much? And my skill generally isn't that bad, I reached rank 5 last season.

But I can't even win casual games, I played 5 and luckily won 1. How can I fail that much? And my skill generally isn't that bad, I reached rank 5 last season.

Fel Reaver decks have completely different playstyle, so if you play them like generic aggro, you usually lose. Also, if you drop Fel Reaver at a wrong monent, you will lose. If you drop him at the right moment, you usually win. You will need to practice a lot to know when it is safe to drop him. Generally, test for soft removal, such as freeze effects (Frostbolt, Water Elemental on the board, etc), Peacekeeper/Humility/Keeper of Uldaman and also hard removals, mainly BGH (drop Boom first).

Guest gkamvysis

Could I use Sir Finley in this deck? Which card should I replace with it if yes?

Could I use Sir Finley in this deck? Which card should I replace with it if yes?

I just replaced tuskar, is it ok?

Sure. The priority of hero power would be Hunter > Druid > Mage > Rogue > Rest.
  • Like 1