FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
tobinopowa

Question About Arms

Hi all, sorry for my bad english..

I want some tips for maximize my dps with arms.

I have 3 question, for burn rage what is better?

- Use HS only when you are 60+ rage until you have 40 rage and then use slam when you have all on cd

- Use HS for burn all your rage when you use Colossus Smash for 6 second

- Use Slam when 60+ rage indipendently of your cd

And + or - how much crit chance i need to start use Fury DW 1-H?

Thanks all for help Posted Image i'm just a good tank but a noob dps i have 482 item level with dps and my dps sucks at 50k XD

Good afternoon, Tobinopowa.

The first thing you will want to do is read over the Icy-Veins Arms Warrior DPS Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities (WoW MoP 5.1). This link takes you right to the single target DPS Rotation.

With this in mind I'll give you a few things that I practice while playing Arms. (Btw: I love Arms over Fury. Love it. Too bad SMF is top right now.) When dealing with a rage pool you have a few options to consider. Here's a "check list" that I go by:

• If I'm simply above 60 rage I use Slam to dump it.
  • If I'm above 60 and have stacks of ability_rogue_hungerforblood.jpgTaste for Blood (2 - 4) I will use Heroic Strike to dump the rage.
  • If I am above 60 rage / rage capped / can't spend the rage fast enough then I use both Slam and Heroic Strike (regardless of stacks) to dump it.

As for the "Burn Phase" of the Colossus Smash debuff.... I personally feel that is more tied to the Fury Rotation. You want all your CD's up and such during that specific "burn rotation" and then you go into a "rage building" rotation.

Arms is different; it is more steady - more sustained DPS if you will. You still want to use your CD's during this (if you can / if they line up) but you will stick to your Arms Rotation during the debuff as well.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jaynie
      Hey all,
      Returning player to the game looking to push some high M+ keys with a group (still gotta get a +15 done eventually) on NA. Please hmu if you're looking for a flexible player who's friendly and always wants to push c:
      Btag: JayneReveck#1990
    • By Forogorn
      Hello everybody, so while I was messing around with my favourite glyph, I found out how to dual wield as an Arms Warrior AND Prot Warrior, and I thought it would be cool for me to share it with everyone, so here's my tutorial guide on how to do it. No hacks or programs required btw. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy it!!! Also, please let me know in the comments if it works for you guys!! :)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av0v18ZT7iY
    • By Tensa
      I have an question, is it better to use the avatar or the rend talent from 45 Level talents on fights like mythic archimonde? I personally think that both choices are strong and can't deciede which one should I use? Please help me guys :<!
    • By Sajakain
      This will be the primary discussion thread for DPS Warriors - Arms, Fury, & Gladiator - in Hellfire Citadel. For the most part, this thread will be a collaboration of useful information to make your life easier as you take on the Citadel. If you have anything to contribute, please do so and we'll be sure to add it to this thread.

While reading this thread, it is assumed that you have general knowledge of the mechanics involved in each encounter as well as a broad understanding of the general, accepted, strategy from the WoW community. It is also understood that you are not standing in fire for the lulz.

The notes you find here will be based off of results posted on Warcraft Logs, user input via this thread, and experience(s) provided by the warrior moderators on this board.

Lastly, the Heroic Mode information is based off an average, equipped, item level of 725 as using gear above the difficulty can be an opportunity to skew results differently.

================================

Hellfire Assault

Heroic Mode:

Preferred Spec: Fury
      Talent Choices: Dragon Roar, Bladestorm, Ravager

Notes:

This encounter is relatively easy and, under most circumstances, will be considered an AoE trash pull. If your raid is struggling with this encounter then you (and your DPS) should put more focus on single-target execution for designated priority mobs.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Iron Reaver

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Storm Bolt, Avatar, Anger Management

Notes:

Iron Reaver is a single target encounter. Your Tier 7 (Level 100) talent is more of a personal preference but AM can pull ahead of Siegebreaker.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Kormrok

Heroic Mode:

Notes:

Overall this is a single target encounter. However the hands make a great opportunity for the warrior who is allowed to solo Hands / Dragging Hands. If you're entire raid is blowing up the hands then you will most likely do very little damage with the suggested talents and, therefore, should prioritize single target on Kormrok.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Hellfire High Council

Heroic Mode:

Preferred Spec: Arms
      Talent Choices: Dragon Roar, Bloodbath, Anger Management

Notes:

There's not much to explain here other than maintaining Rend on your target(s) and Sweeping Strikes up when cleaving. Do whatever ritual is necessary and hope the RNG gods give you Bloodboil's buff.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Killrogg Deadeye

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Dragon Roar, Bloodbath / Avatar, Anger Management

Notes:

Obviously you want Visions here. Tell your R/L that you need visions. Take the opportunity to cleave when you can. Bloodbath or Anger Management; either will work so choose to your preference. If you do get to go in visions, strive for 20 stacks. If this is proving to be a struggle, you can take Bladestorm to help out.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Gorefiend

Heroic Mode:

Preferred Spec: Arms or Fury
      Talent Choices: Storm Bolt, Avatar / Bloodbath, Anger Management

Notes:

Most likely your focus will be the big add and the boss. If you get pulled into the stomach, obviously make use of the time you have to kill the adds. Avatar or Bloodbath - it's your choice. Both Arms and Fury are viable here so really it's up to you. Such freedom!

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Shadow-Lord Iskar

Heroic Mode:

Notes:

Overall this is a pretty straight forward fight. The variance only comes in positioning as there are several strategies that are viable for the Heroic difficulty. Use your AoE during Phase 2 to get some numbers while killing your priority target. The fire here is not a haste buff.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Fel Lord Zakuun

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Storm Bolt, Avatar, Anger Management / Siegebreaker

Notes:

Another single target encounter and, again, you get some personal choices here. Both Arms and Fury are viable as well as your level 100 talent choices. It is worth noting that Arms has the potential to be substantially better than Fury at the assumed item level - in upwards of 10 - 15K difference.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Xhul'horac

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Dragon Roar, Bladestorm, Anger Management / Ravager

Notes:

Adds have priority here and should die relatively fast and, as such, using your AoE abilities will help. You do have a choice in your last talent tree; either one is viable.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Socrethar the Eternal

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Dragon Roar, Avatar / Bloodbath, Anger Management
      Notable Glyphs: Rude Interruption

Notes:

Volunteer for interrupt assignments and take Rude Interruption as a glyph. Aside from this it's your typical Arms rotation - maintain Rend and Sweeping Strikes while killing your priority target.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Tyrant Velhari

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Storm Bolt, Avatar, Anger Management

Notes:

Rude Interruption is viable here so take it. While Bloodbath may be a preference choice here, Avatar will come out ontop for damage done so it's listed as the preferred talent. Make sure you maintain Sweeping Strikes on this encounter; it's vital.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Mannoroth

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Personal preference.

This is your most versatile encounter at this item level for both spec and talent choices. You should take whatever you're comfortable with. It is worth noting that as your item level increases from the assumed 725 equipped, Arms becomes a more competitive choice.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Archimonde

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Anger Management

Notes:

The choices here between Storm Bolt / Dragon Roar and Avatar / Bloodbath are personal preference. As with all substantial Arms encounters, you want to maintain Rend on priority targets and Sweeping Strikes when you're cleaving. Sweeping Strikes is a vital source of damage here so you should make an extra effort to maintain it.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .