Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Wizard: Arcane Orb with Delsere Set

68 posts in this topic

I've been using a very similar build in Season 3

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Baroque-1742/hero/60185171

The main difference is Ring of Royal Grandeur frees up a slot for Crown of the Primus, which really makes this build shine. In this setup Slow Time does everything it can possibly do. I'm able to solo in T6 Rifts with 4 players and this build. Very easy to use and effective.

How do you not get 1 shot all the time by various things? Isn't force armor necessary?

How do you not get 1 shot all the time by various things? Isn't force armor necessary?

Not in the slightest! Take a look at the synergy between Halo of Arlyse and Ice Armor that this build takes advantage of. :) A lot of mitigation comes from there.

I don't understand how ancient parthnan defenders are importante in this build! because there is nothing giving the stunned effect (at least it seems to me)

I don't understand how ancient parthnan defenders are importante in this build! because there is nothing giving the stunned effect (at least it seems to me)

Contrary to the in-game text, Parthan Defenders also work with freezes - confusing, but true.

What is a good jewelry passive if you are using the Unity ring in a ring slot, since you also have the passive as Unity?

What is a good jewelry passive if you are using the Unity ring in a ring slot, since you also have the passive as Unity?

With Kanai's in mind, I would likely switch to Focus and Restraint as the actual rings and Unity in the cube.

hey Deadset, had a theorycraft question, wondering if you can help. Im currently running the gear from this build, but instead of focusing on Cold damage and Frozen orb, Im attempting to use Lightning spells, with either Shock Orb or the Lightning Variant of Energy Twister as my base damage source. now, with Triumvirate for the bonus, Shock Orb can provide the same big damage spikes, with a chance to stun instead of chill. Currently im using Energy Twister (lightning modifier that empowers signature spells) with the Bracers that give the pull effect. In lieu of Black Hole, i have been using Blizzard with the Lightning modifier (increases percent dealt by all electric sources). and basic attack of Piercing Orb. Cube abilities of Fulminator, Crown of the Primus, and Wyrdward. Jewelry gems of Bane of the Trapped, Bane of the Powerful, and searching for a third ability. changes in passives are swapping Cold Blooded for either Paralysis or Glass Cannon. Armor moves to Shock Armor that reduces casting costs. Conduit seems like a good option for arcane power. at Torment 3 i am currently soloing with ease, constant stuns and pulls from my lightning spells and energy twisters has kept me safe, with blizzard, twisters, and my Piercing Orb doing steady damage. i clear trash quick, most elite mobs aren't a huge challenge. switching from Twister to the Shock Orb loses me CC, but gains big chunks of damage, which the chance to stun still keeping me relatively safe.

TL:DR, at late game (T7 and higher), any idea if this will hold up as well as it has in the early torments? I really enjoy this build, and i really think it can work, just looking for a solid opinion. Any thoughts? i have more details if you needed to know anything else, but getting a question like this answered on stream or by a friend has yielded me almost no results. 

either way, thanks in advance, the guide was super helpful to building my own version.

hey Deadset, been experimenting on a Lightning damage version of this build, have you ever experimented with that? just curious. im doing well with it on T3 solo so far (while missing some key pieces and the full set bonus of Delsere's), but i have no idea if it will play well at later levels. I'd love some feedback, it doesn't seem like anyone has tried it yet. 

thanks in advance!

hey Deadset, been experimenting on a Lightning damage version of this build, have you ever experimented with that? just curious. im doing well with it on T3 solo so far (while missing some key pieces and the full set bonus of Delsere's), but i have no idea if it will play well at later levels. I'd love some feedback, it doesn't seem like anyone has tried it yet. 

thanks in advance!

Hey! I think the way the set is designed, all elemental variations of the build can work to an extent; including your own Lightning version. I have only tested Arcane and Cold so far, as they seemed the strongest for different reasons (currently I'm pretty sure Arcane would output the most DPS), but that really only applies to GR pushing. Delsere variants of all elements should remain relevant in all Torment levels.

thanks in advance!

Hey! I think the way the set is designed, all elemental variations of the build can work to an extent; including your own Lightning version. I have only tested Arcane and Cold so far, as they seemed the strongest for different reasons (currently I'm pretty sure Arcane would output the most DPS), but that really only applies to GR pushing. Delsere variants of all elements should remain relevant in all Torment levels.

thanks so much man! really appreciate the feedback, ive been enjoying success with it so far.

With the Unity in the cube, would using the extra ring for Convention of Elements or grabbing Frostburn with RoRG be better?

If you were primarily playing in a group as opposed to solo (I play online w/family a lot) would you change the rings to Focus and Halo of Arlyse?  Or something else?  

With the Unity in the cube, would using the extra ring for Convention of Elements or grabbing Frostburn with RoRG be better?

Same poster, figuring CoE filling the third ring slot would be better since Halo freezes enough, especially if you're using Azurewrath. Neither Unity nor RoRG has particularly great guaranteed stats (though Unity's elite damage is nice), so being able to run two things that can roll Int/CHCh/CHDam/Socket benefits you a lot more, especially once CoE's damage output is considered.

Frostburn's only benefit over Fierce Gauntlets is +chance to freeze on cold damage, but that wears down hard immunities quickly and you need to stun as little as possible so you get a greater benefit from the Halo.

Wouldn't it be better to change the area damage on the offhand to 15% Arcane Orb dmg?

Signature Spells are primary spells, means simplicitys strength and depth diggers are back in for wizzards

If you were primarily playing in a group as opposed to solo (I play online w/family a lot) would you change the rings to Focus and Halo of Arlyse?  Or something else?  

No, I would stay with The Traveler's Pledge and Compass Rose combo, and Convention of Elements as my other ring. Halo of Arlyse in the Cube. :)

Wouldn't it be better to change the area damage on the offhand to 15% Arcane Orb dmg?

AD would turn out for a bigger damage increase, as a skill damage roll would be additive with multiple other skill rolls on gear (and some of them are quite high already, i.e. the Unstable Scepter natural skill roll).

Halo of Arlyse and Convention of Elements - Interchangable between equipped and cubed? i.e. You've listed Convention as BiS while Arlyse is cubed, but could you have it the other way round?

Just in case further proof was needed, and I run and

Love this built almost as the acid rain witch doctor, buzz feed ran the numbers,literally: https://m.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Barbarians/comments/2k1j6y/proof_furious_charge_freeze_activates_ancient/

W

Just in case further proof was needed, and I run and

Love this built almost as the acid rain witch doctor, buzz feed ran the numbers,literally: https://m.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Barbarians/comments/2k1j6y/proof_furious_charge_freeze_activates_ancient/

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0