FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Oil Rogue BrM

Guest Sheepnado

Whats the shape of this deck in current meta right now? Worth investing in if I love rogue?

Absolutely, Mr Yagut got Rank 1 Legend with a slightly modified version of this deck recently, while I watched Strifecro stream last night at top 100 Legend with a deck that was almost exactly the same as this one.

Dear Sottle, let me first say great site! It's been a great help to me, I've started playing Hearthstone last month and played ranked for the first time this season, I actually ended up rank 15 with a slightly modified deck from this one.

Obviously I don't have Thalnos so I've switched it with Kobold. I got lucky on the two Preperations witch I got from from the 300 gold you get for winning a 100 matches.

Anyway, so here's my question. I've got enough dust to cook up a second Teacher but I'm unsure how to play it properly, I've read through the comments and it's become clear to me that it's a very strong mid-game card, could you elaborate some more on how to play it properly? Or how to get most value out of it?

Thanks in advance!

Violet Teacher is pretty flexible, you're fine to just drop in on an empty board as a 4-drop, but the particularly powerful turns come from using Violet Teacher + Spells to completely reverse the Tempo.

For example, Violet Teacher, Prep, Sap against Druid who's just dropped a Shredder on turn 4 completely reverses the state of the board in your favour, and Druid's really struggle to recover a lost board.

Guest Bryan

Why don' you run edwin van cleef in this deck, i just packed him so i wanted to ask if i should keep him or not

Edwin is a flex card that rotates in and out of Oil Rogue pretty regularly, you can totally use him if you want to.

Dear Sottle, your last advice helped me a lot! The example you've provided influenced my decision making a lot, I was probably making noobish mistakes but I now see the value in Tempo and Board Control more clearly instead of just the value of an individual card.

Since my last comment I've acquired a Bloodmage Thalnos which I've put in, obviously the Kobold Geomancer went out, since I'm encountering a lot of Aggro decks -Mech Mage, Zoo Warlock en some aggressive Paladin deck make up about 70% off all my match-ups- I've dropped Emperor Thaurissan and swaped it for a second Antique Healbot. Besides that I'm playing around with Shredders instead of Teachers, I was hoping you could help me out and point out some other Anti-Aggro swaps I could consider.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Mjrn

Honestly, double Healbot is already really heavily teched against Aggro, but you'd much rather have Teachers than Shredders against Aggro.

Guest Sergio

Hey guys, i started to play hearthstone a few months ago and i really like this deck. Right now i am playing with a cheapest version of it until i get my two preps. i wanna know wich card i can use instead of the emperor, because i ca not get the expansion right now. Thanks a lot

Guest Ace

I recently used this deck to climb to rank 14, but I've been having a lot of bad matchups and I fell back down to 16. I was wondering though: How is the new expansion going to affect this deck? A lot of the cards look pretty good, but idk how it works with the tuning of the deck.

I don't think Oil Rogue got much help, most of the Rogue cards released are pushing a different type of Rogue deck.

Guest Baku

Honestly, this deck is dead in these days, everybody is playing agro deck and there is no chance to beat them - ONLY IF I am very lucky:).

But it's only my opinion, I got only to rank 8..

Guest Pajecka7891

Is it posible to play this deck without the legendary cards because the only legendary i have is Sylvanas. if it is posible what cands can i put in?

Sign in to follow this