Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Hearthstone Mill Rogue BrM

15 posts in this topic

How vital is Deathlord to the success of the deck? I don't have Naxx, so what would be a good replacement?

2x Oil in place of Sabotage/Shiv?  Dancing Swords in place of Mukla?

Hard deck to play.  And I love hard decks.  Against Aggro decks it is very difficult to beat.  You have to be so situational with the Gang ups and if you use them on any card other than the Oracle you are defeating the deck's purpose.

I've had fun using the Trade Prince to force spellcasters to fill up their own decks with coins too.

Deathlord is truly a risky deck.  As is Dancing Swords, although it has excellent attack value.  The synergies are definitely fun but hard to manage.

2x Oil in place of Sabotage/Shiv?  Dancing Swords in place of Mukla?

Oil doesn't really fit, Dancing Swords is fine though.

I love this deck because of the high stakes.  It is true poker and fails more than it succeeds.  But when it succeeds it is spectacular and unique in its ability to frustrate an opponent.  All those cards on fire.  All those cards in your hand ultimately crushed and dooming you.

The biggest issue is defense.  Deathlords are so unpredictable but their low card draw value makes them almost irreplaceable. 

I've found that 1x Big Game Hunter can be a nice addition against a deck that plays huge minions/a lot of buffs in case you're out of saps/it's foolish to vanish at the time. I've won games simply through BGH + shadowstep to clear 2x mountain giants in a single turn so that it was safe to continue on my coldlight spree.  (you can also cold light + BGH  + preperation + vanish [you'd want to play it in conjunction with vanish only if your opponent doesn't have enough cards in their hand for the minion to die])  It's of course, a circumstantial card, and you have to know if you can afford to use the shadowstep on something other than heals or draws. So, in other words, if you end up repeatedly facing off against huge minions, you might want to keep that in mind. just giving my input, it's not my deck up here laugh.png  

Hi. Im playing this deck since Gang up appear. And to deal with number of aggros deck than i met. I choosed to put 2 blade Fury. And because im traumatised by handlock (that im playing too) put a BGH too. SI7 its a good idea in the slot oh shiv. And cause dont have mukla and thalnos ive replace it by youthfull brew master to bonus combo and kobold +1 spellpower to help backstab fan of knives and eviscerate (turn 4 against 5 hp). It became pretty resistant against aggro and trully degenerate against control. Thats just some advices make by a stranger who dont really master the english (sorry about that)

Drawing the right cards into the combo is the key. Don't be afraid to cast a Fan of Knives or Shiv on an empty board just to get the cards. I've lost like 90% of the time with this, but it's FUN! Winning with it even more fun. I'm not playing to climb a ladder, I'm playing for fun, and this deck is it. 

This deck is literally not viable in any matchup. You are so handicapped by waiting for your oracles that you are powerless against every opponent. Don't try playing this in ranked or you will fall like a rock. 0-10 in casual play.

This deck is literally not viable in any matchup. You are so handicapped by waiting for your oracles that you are powerless against every opponent. Don't try playing this in ranked or you will fall like a rock. 0-10 in casual play.

I'm sure your 0-10 record is entirely the deck's fault.

2 people like this

This deck is awesome. Very hard to play, but very rewarding once you win with it. 

Main difficulty is timing the Vanishes, as your life total can dwindle rapidly.

What do you think of Beneath the Grounds? Since they have to draw another anyway, and you're basically guaranteed to get the ambushes.

What do you think of Beneath the Grounds? Since they have to draw another anyway, and you're basically guaranteed to get the ambushes.

If your opponent burns those ambushes, they don't activate. This enlarges his deck, making it harder for you to mill him to death. You would have to try not to burn his cards and that just won't work. It is also ineffective when using Vanish because you get 3 more cards to your hand. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0