FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lanzelloth

Is simcraft's default action priority list for UH good? Breath of sindragosa? also general dps analysis request

I've been looking at simcraft because I'm feeling my dps is kinda low.

1. i'm doing ~31k at 680 for single target with defile 100% active on patchwerk style bosses like gruul. I have 2 PC and 675 crafted weapon. Considering mythic dps at ~690 are doing ~40k, then my dps is kinda low? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dNDV387nHGQPMcm9
  2. I have the other 2pc but they're only 670, should I be replacing my 685 pants and 680 hands with them? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Lanzelloth/advanced
  3. Is the default APL for UH from simcraft trustworthy? it looks kinda weird
  4. breath of sindragosa? any concensus on this?
  5. random simcraft question wth is the bos in actions.bos_st?
  6. thi is prob jsut me being lazy, is there number comparisons of defile vs necroblight per each fight posted somewhere?
  7. i was looking at top dps'er, they're using necroblight for even fights like gruul. Thoughts?

thanks a lot for reading/replying

1. It is somewhat low, but then I don't remember what I was doing at that ilvl. You can check warcraftlogs for people in your bracket and compare your DPS to theirs. 

2.I think that you should, although the DPS increase will not be too much. You can use StatWeightScore, import your stat weights from SimCraft and see the how much you loose stat-wise if you switch. If I remember correctly, the 2P and 4P for UH were both 2-2.5%.

3. Skullflowers said that the default APL was not optimal, I think there is a download link for his APL somewhere on his twitter account. 

4. BoS is the best talent of choice for single target fights (except for maybe Blackhand, it depends on how well you can execute the rotation). You can even use it on Hans'gar and Franzok if you are comfortable with it. 

5. I don't know

6. There is no fight-by-fight comparison other than looking at logs, because SimCraft only goes so far. 

7. I don't know where you've looked, because the top DK's in the world use BoS on fights like Gruul and Oregorger. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/7#class=DeathKnight

Edited by Anfauglith

anyone has feedback based on the logs?

I've been mostly focusing on multistrike then mastery and crit equally. But since i've been switching to necroblight, I'm focusing mastery more than crit. Which stats are good for BoS? I'd imagine still multistrike then mastery but I can be wrong.

Also why wouldn't BoS be that good on BH? From my experience (i guess this depends on your raid team and strats) BH moves way too much for defile to be good, so I've been using necroblight and is getting slightly better numbers (just about 30k, I don't go up on P2, and there was another DK i was 679, he was 689 who did lower dps i think he was using defile but he's a baddie). Now that I learnt about BoS I'm thinking it might be the best out of the three for BH fight.

Edited by Lanzelloth

For BoS, the stat priority is Multi > Mastery ~= Crit > Versatility > Haste. 

BoS may not be as good on BH as it is on Gruul and Oregorger, because it depends on your strategy. If you are unable to soak slag bombs in phase 1, BoS will tick less and you'll need to be comfortable with the talent to make it work. You may not be able to soak anything in phase 2 as well, if you are nuking the Siegemakers before they throw down the fire.  Defile is generally bad, because of the movement involved, and NP is the safest choice if you are not going up in the stands. 

OK so I've been testing BoS with no pot/flask/gargoyle/raid buff/hero on the center dummy in the DK base. I understand that I need to try to get BoS lasts a long time. so far I'm actually getting really good results in a 5m run, doing just above 21k dps which is just below what simcraft would get (with no pot/flask/gargoyle/raid buff/hero etc) and also slightly higher if not about the same than defile spec. considering BoS doesn't require the target to stand still, BoS might be my go to spec, which makes me a bit sad to abandon defile.

Edit: NVM, did it wrong. also learnt how to change spec in simcraft

I just realized what'd make BoS so good on gruul is absorbing the inferno slice.

So because I can't test necroblight on dummies, I assume BoS would still be better than Necroblight on BH (moving single target) even if I can't absorb any mines? I would be slapped if I step on those mines, because our group aren't that tight that it'll always prob explode and hit others or chain reaction then hit others.

anyway go back in time, and actually I have questions on more basic stuff before I get into some questions that popped when I was testing this out.

First, runic corruption or blood tap? I've been using RC mainly because of laziness (also I don't like macroing blood tap to everything, because being a non-gcd ability it makes your toon spam animations if you spam it even if you can't use any skill yet). I'd imagine blood tap would be kinda better. Firstly, because it'd be better at saving resources, and UH is somewhat about saving resources and casting Death Coil to get ghoul big again. Second, it'd be good at making sure more SS are being cast than FS because you can choose which to spend it on. I have a feeling the difference is really small and if so I'd prolly stick with RC. Also the RC buff doesn't stack does it? I read that it does, but when i hover my mouse it doesn't seem to.

Second: I think I had been placing high priority in getting ghoul up so much that I think it hurt more than it helped. But now I try to cast DC to trigger Runic Corruption whenever there is no Rune to spend, but I still try to save so that I can have 2-3 DC's ready at around t-10s before ghoul gets small. Is this correct or I should just cast DC more to help speed up things with Runic Corruption and fuck the ghoul? Also if RC buff doesn't stack should I make a wa to notify me when it is "safe" to cast DC to trigger the RC buff?

now back to the present. I notice in order to get BoS last for a decent amount of time, often this slows down the speed I can get the ghoul back up again, is this perfectly OK? or even preffered? like it's ok to sacrifice that as long as BoS can last longer? or it's just something I have to tighten so that both BoS lasts a long time and Ghoul is up asap?

Edited by Lanzelloth

RC and BT are close in DPS. BT needs to be managed correctly, though, and not macroed. The reason BT is preferred is because it gives you on-demand Death Runes, which are extremely valuable in every situation. If it is too much of a struggle, RC is a reasonable alternative. 

The buff doesn't stack from what I've noticed, it gets refreshed. So, casting DC while you have a RC proc would potentially waste some of its duration. 

Second: I think I had been placing high priority in getting ghoul up so much that I think it hurt more than it helped. But now I try to cast DC to trigger Runic Corruption whenever there is no Rune to spend, but I still try to save so that I can have 2-3 DC's ready at around t-10s before ghoul gets small. Is this correct or I should just cast DC more to help speed up things with Runic Corruption and fuck the ghoul? Also if RC buff doesn't stack should I make a wa to notify me when it is "safe" to cast DC to trigger the RC buff?

Having ghoul up is better in this case, because of the 2p bonus. If you have BoS, try to fit Dark Transformation in the rotation so that you don't run out of RP. I usually do this after I use ERW.