Equinox

Assassination DPS to the MAX. Looking for tips!

4 posts in this topic

Hello fellow rogues :-) 

I love playing Assassination, and i love playing my game 100% ..

I would like to get 100% out of this spec. And thats why i wrote this thread. I will like to hear your guys view on this!

Here is my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Equin%C3%B6x/simple

1. Stats

I know about Icy Veins stat priority. Which puts Mastery = Crit. But suggest that you go full mastery on Enchants and Gems, when you have 4th set bonus. But on the warlogs, i see a lot of rogues, which use different enchants and gems. Some use Mastery on everything, some use Crit on everything, some mix it... and some even use Multistrike. 

I am looking for the BEST way to go. What is your take on this? And feel free to comment on my chars setup.

2. Rotation

- Refresh Rupture, when it's under 7.2 seconds left. 

- Refresh Envenom, when it's under 1.8 seconds left. 

To get maximum DPS, i guess you have to pool energy to around 60+, before you cast your Envenom – so you have energy to cast a lot of Mutilate/Dispatchs, so they benefit from the Envenom buff – correct? 

If that's correct, i often get into a dilemma. I start capping combo points. 

But what is best for my DPS?

1. Keep casting Mutilate/Dispatch so they benefit from the Envenom buff, even though i get combo point capped?

2. Or should i cast Envenom to use these combo points, even though i will clip my Envenom buff?

Please feel free to give me your input, for maximizing my Assassination DPS, it might be something i haven't even asked about :-)...

Have a ball! smile.png

Cast Envenom - overlapping the buff isn't really a large dps loss

Cast Envenom - overlapping the buff isn't really a large dps loss

So even though the buff is over 1.8, then its: Envenom > Mutilate/Dispatch ?

Yeah it's less of a loss to overlap the buff than it is to waste cp's

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Claratin
      <Non Lethal Force> is recruiting for Nighthold progression! Raid times are 8-11 TW EST. Recruiting exceptional dps and healers to push into Mythic Raiding. Currently looking for ranged DPS and a Paladin healer. Send me a message here or in game for more information.

• By Oups
      <Eighty Six> is a Morning / Daytime Raiding Guild on Tanaris 
      Our Current progression is 7/7 M & 3/3 H 
      We raid: Wednesday, Thursday & Monday 8 AM till 11 AM PST
      What we are looking for:
      Heals: (High) R Druid , (Medium) MW Monk & R Shaman  Ranged DPS: (High) Mage & Lock, (Medium) S Priest & Boomkin Melee DPS: (High) Warrior, Pally & Feral, (Medium) Rogue Please add me on B-Tag for more info: Oups#1377 

Good Luck 
    • By bez
      Who we are
      <Hollow> is a semi-hardcore guild created by a group of friends, experienced players, that raided HC together in WOTLK. We reunited and transfered to the same realm to create a guild, or more accurately, a home. We keep a very friendly environment in and out of raids, oftenly joining discord to chat even if we aren't doing anything. Guild activities include but are not limited to mythic dungeons, mythic + and raiding.
      Our goals
      Our current progress is 4/7M and 3/3HC. Our current goal is to down mythic EN to gear up and also prepare for Nighthold!
      What we are looking for
      Recruitment currently closed for Mythic raiding with the exception of 1 Shadow Priest.
      People that want only heroics can join regardless of specs. Socials are still welcome!
      Our raiding schedule
      Our current raiding schedule is 3 raids a week for 3 hours:

Wednesday 8pm to 11pm server time - NH Normal
      Sunday 8pm to 11pm server time - EN Mythic
      Tuesday 8pm to 11pm server time - EN Heroic / ToV Heroic
      The guild is using DKP system
      NOTE: We have added a catch up system for new recruits. When you get past the trial phase and join the ranks as a raider of our guild, you also earn 200 dkp as bonus and when you prove yourself that you are worthy of a core spot, you also get 300 dkp as bonus. We wont leave anyone behind no matter how new while at the same time, drawing a line for our core, active raiders that have been with us since the start.
      Our wowprogress page: http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/twisting-nether/Hollow
      Thank you for taking your time reading through this post. If you have any further questions or if you are interested in joining us, feel free to contact us in game on Solidz, Hotbez or add us on BNET at Solidus#2642, bez#21193.
    • By digimij
      Howdy,
      I was going to submit a bug report in game, but I thought I'd check here to see if this really is a bug, or if I just don't understand how the ability is supposed to work. Here's what I planned to submit:
      outlaw rogue ability: Between the Eyes, is not correctly applying the 4x damage increase on critical strikes per the tooltip listed damage for each combo point, nor is it appropriately applying any of the bonus damage modifiers: prey on the weak and ghostly strike. If using Deeper Strategem talent, it appears to be applying 4x damage based on the 5th combo point tooltip, but again, the modifiers:ghostly strike and prey on the weak are not applying. 
      Per the tooltip, at 6 combo points, I should do 200,695 damage, 5 combo points would be 167,470 damage. While testing this on a training dummy, with Ghostly Strike and Prey on the Weak applied, with Deeper Strategem talented, using 6 combo points, I see a critical strike (100% chance from legendary shoulders) of 682,357. Unless my math is horribly mistaken, that should be a critical strike for 963,336:
      200,695 x 4 x (100% + 10% + 10%)

This is what I do:
      Stand behind dummy, so nothing is blocked, build up 6 combo points, apply Ghostly strike, either vanish, or leave combat and enter stealth, use Cheap Shot, then use Between the Eyes
    • By sixxn
      So I'm confused on what to do at this point.. I'm at 30% crit with the shoulders equip and 120% mastery. Should I be stacking mastery now and not worrying about crit since I get 100% off start? I also have the bracers? Also since the burst is for 6 seconds I don't know what I should do for a opener anymore.. Any suggestions?