FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwoolf

Coming Back to WOW after a 5 month break, which healer to level

Hello All,

I am coming back to WOW after a several month hiatus and wanted to know how the healers were compared to one another in the raiding environment. I normally raid as a healer and have three: resto/ellie shaman, resto/booomkin druid, and a disc/shadow priest. I prefer the shaman and druid, but wanted to level the more needed or sought after class first to get into raiding sooner once I hit 90. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ghostwoolf (Mannoroth) shaman

Brezme (Mannoroth) druid

Brezmeh (Mannoroth) Priest

I've moved the topic into the General Discussion forum, as I believe that it will suit this category more.

In my option, I would reroll completely and start fresh :) coming back from a break you might as well. I would reroll a Mistweaver Monk. They are extreamly powerful healers at the moment and alot of guilds are looking for them for progression and i'm sure alot of casual guilds would love it too. If that is not the route you want to go ask yourself.... would I rather be a dog or cat? ;D

In my option, I would reroll completely and start fresh Posted Image coming back from a break you might as well. I would reroll a Mistweaver Monk. They are extreamly powerful healers at the moment and alot of guilds are looking for them for progression and i'm sure alot of casual guilds would love it too. If that is not the route you want to go ask yourself.... would I rather be a dog or cat? ;D

Thanks for the input! I do so hate to level, lol.

Monks level up pretty fast (or so I heard). Maybe buy a battle chest (on offer I think) and have a dummy account and 3x exp :P?

as far as healers go, go priest

currently disc priests are 10-25% better then other healers.

if you 25 man raid - shammy is much better than druid. (also easyer to fill.. having 2-4 resto shammies work, can't have more than 2 resto druids really)

if you 10 man raid, druid is much better than shammy. (druid brings a lot more to a 10 man group with symbioses and HoTW - these are less useful in 25 man. + aoe healing on shammy is really punished in 10 man)

Monks level super fast. They have a daily you can do for 1 hour of increased xp gain. But if you do want to keep with one of you're already started toons, I would go with Shaman. I've been hearing good things about resto Shaman, and I personally, find shaman healing more fun that Druid. :)

as far as healers go, go priest

currently disc priests are 10-25% better then other healers.

if you 25 man raid - shammy is much better than druid. (also easyer to fill.. having 2-4 resto shammies work, can't have more than 2 resto druids really)

if you 10 man raid, druid is much better than shammy. (druid brings a lot more to a 10 man group with symbioses and HoTW - these are less useful in 25 man. + aoe healing on shammy is really punished in 10 man)

Thank you fro the response. It's nice to hear the difference between the 10 and 25 scene. I will probably shammy level, since I am more deft at elemental than I am at Boomkin..... and it will leave me open for 25 or 10 man. Thank you for the response. I will probably still level the monk though. I gotta give the new class a shot.

Monks level super fast. They have a daily you can do for 1 hour of increased xp gain. But if you do want to keep with one of you're already started toons, I would go with Shaman. I've been hearing good things about resto Shaman, and I personally, find shaman healing more fun that Druid. Posted Image

I think i will take your shammie advice and level a monk, just for the experience. It will help to understand the class when i am raiding. Thanks for the post! :P