FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Midrange Tempo Mage BrM

Hello.  Is there room for an Antonidas in this deck with so many spells being played?..what should i cut if i want to fit him in?..thanks

Hello there,

I have all the cards but Sylvanas, Dr. Boom and Ragnaros.

Would you be so kind to suggest replacements.

Thank you

Tashev, this dbuild ck requires you to have a strong late-game, like every control-like deck. Playing without Legendaries will make you much weaker in the late-game when other decks start dropping their Booms, Rags etc. and this deck usually does enter late game. Without telling what other Legendaries you own. If you have for example, Sneeds and Ysera, it's ok to play them instead , but if you have none of good generic Legendaries, you should probably change the deck and start savng dust for them.

Geoff, thank you for your fast response. Regrettably my 7+ crystal legendaries away from the solo play ones expire with Foe Reaper ....

@shadis86: I'm running this deck, but since I don't have rag I swapped in antonidas.  

Its working really well for me thus far.  

I also swapped the shredders for mech yetis to try and synergise with antonidas better, but I'm not 100% sure if thats an improvement or not.  Only time will tell.  

Not so good, this hand.  I played at rank 10-11 4 times in a row and lost every time.  It starts out great but I ran into card trouble about round 9 or 10 every time.  Needs more draw cards.

@shadis86: I'm running this deck, but since I don't have rag I swapped in antonidas.  

Its working really well for me thus far.  

I also swapped the shredders for mech yetis to try and synergise with antonidas better, but I'm not 100% sure if thats an improvement or not.  Only time will tell.  

If you're running Tony, then Mech Yeti seems reasonable. You can also add in a 1 off Arcane Missiles or Mirror Image to synergise even further, both with your early game and with Tony.

I actually have a more agressive version of this deck that will go up soon that is focused more on that strategy.

Not so good, this hand.  I played at rank 10-11 4 times in a row and lost every time.  It starts out great but I ran into card trouble about round 9 or 10 every time.  Needs more draw cards.

Sounds like you're probably not getting enough value out of the cards you do have. This deck, and slight variations of it is being played by many high rank Legend players right now.

Guest Istolethetv

I play a deck very similar to this. I am also pretty new to the game, so i am not always aware of deck types or combos that my enemy could be playing. I started using Flamestrike as I seemed to become over run by rush aggro decks. I also subbed in vaporize which helps free up some direct damage and spread it around. This is currently at the expense of Ragnaros the Firelord (which I would use but I just dont have it yet) and Sylvanas Windrunner (same case). Any advice on learning about the game and use of this deck? Usually Shaman and Paladin decks will slip me up if they are fast-moving and I just can't get ahead. 

Guest tup

Running Flamestrike to counter heavy aggro decks make little sense, vs real aggro like Zoo, Face Hunter or even Mech shaman you are pretty much going to be dead before you reach 7 mana curve/soona fter that, if you really struggle against aggros. As for learning the deck, I'd give you a link to really nice guide for new era Tempo mage, but I don't think linkink to other sites is ok here.

Guest istolethetv

Thanks tup. I am still messing around in casual with cards to swap. I again got creamed by a faster minion deck. I'll keep trying. It's pretty fun! 

Having some trouble handling decks that do Knife Juggler and 1/1 flood early. Too early for Flamestrike and can run over my initial creatures quickly.

Swap one Flamecannon for Arcane Explosion maybe? I don't see Arcane Explosion much around, is it good as meta answer to above?

That shouldn't be a problem, if they play a Knife Juggler on 2, the idea is to have a Frostbolt or Flamecannon for it, or contest it with an early Mana Wyrm or Mad Scientist.

Not sure what's the deck type is called, but it's a warlock with a very low curve. Typically runs Knife Juggler, Haunted Creeper, Abusive Sergeant, Ironbeak Owl... Really troublesome to shoot/trade it up fast enough in early game.

Yeah, sounds like Zoo. Like I said, you should have removal for their early drops and then be able to outvalue them later.

In couple of late evenings playing got to rank 12 quite easily, then got destroyed down to 15 in horrible loosing streak, then made it back to 12.

Doing pretty bad against aggro. Face Hunter is hard (need a good start). Warlock Zoo is still plain unwinnable for me. There are no answers to Haunted Creepers and Imp-losion, which with other stuff can take out any of my early creatures twice over.

Questioning Kirin mage, never manage to get a good play out of it, too few secrets. Currently trying Kezan in its place to help against Face Hunter (tons of them at the moment) and other Mages.

Guest Stauffe

What're some good replacements for Sylvanas? I've been doing good without her, but I need a good replacement, and flamestrike doesn't really seem to fit as one.

Guest Corey

Sottle. Love your Mech Mage that tops out with Dr Boom and have been climbing the ladder with it. Would like to play this deck or another recent one, but I don't have Ragnaros or Antonidas. I do have Ysera but she seems a little slow. Are there any subs I could do that would make this deck as strong or better than your Mech Mage? Or should I just stick with that?

Guest Corey

Sottle: I've been playing your Mech Mage deck that tops out with Dr. Boom. I like it and have been climbing the ladder with it. I'd like to play one of your newer decks on the Mage page, but I don't have Antonidas or Ragnaros. I do have Ysera, but I think she is a little slow. Are there any substitutions for Ragnaros that I could make or should I just stick with the Mech Mage deck from December?

I want to play this deck but I don't have Ragnaros. Ysera is my only other legendary finisher outside of Nax and BrM cards. Is there a viable sub for Rag or should I continue playing the Mech Agro/Rush deck posted at the bottom of the Mage decks. That deck is working out well for me so far, but just wondering if this one is stronger?

In Hearthstone, it's not a matter of one deck being stronger or weaker, it's a matter of decks being appropriate for the decks and the meta that you're facing. If Mech Mage is performing well for you, you should absolutely stick with it.

Any suggestions on tweaking this against Grim Patron? Seeing too much of it at the moment and games against it are just... deadly boring. Still lack Ragnaros, so that's probably loses me late game too.

Face Hunter collapses pretty well to well placed Kezan Mystic, but I can't think of anything that really ruins Grim Patron party.

Sign in to follow this