FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Grinder/China Priest BrM

Guest Deebo

Im loving the deck. I think im going to swap out a zombie chow for something... I didnt have enough dust to craft the last Cabal, so I tossed in my Dr. Boom I had laying around. Seems to do fine. Until I get the other Cabal created is there another card that comes to mind that would be better than Boom for now?

Guest Nick

I've tried this a bit and had success against Face Hunter (won all the games), Druid and Mech Mage but Tempo Mage was a real struggle (three losses).

Besides teching in Kezan does anyone have pointers for playing this deck vs Tempo Mage? 

I actually found the deck to be extremely strong against Tempo Mage, hard to give more specific advice that what's in the guide without seeing you play, but you have some really nice interactions. Early Deathlord is huge, Cabal on a Flamewaker etc.

Guest Nick

Yeah, after a few more games I'm getting a better feel for the matchup. I think my first few I just got a bit unlucky with mulligan draws. With a bit of luck this deck has answers to anything Tempo Mage can throw at you. 

Guest guest

Very fun deck to play against aggro. Is Thaurassian + Vol'jin fine? I don't own Sylvanas. Thanks.

Guest Deebo

Much salt with the deck when you cannot get a lightbomb over a few turns while your oppenent has a board full of prime lightbomb targets to blow up... Those are my usual losses with this deck. Then theres that lovely RNG that covers the rest!

I swapped a Zombie Chow out for a Shrinkmeister. I think I need to replace Dr. Boom for another cabal now esp with 2 shrinks... So hard to give up boom... Would you recommend anything else to swap him in for? Or would Vol'Jin be better swapped in for something? Hmmm...

I already don't have Boom in the deck and have Double Cabal, so yes that is what I would recommend.

Guest CoNsTaNtInE

Sottle, is this really the best deck against face hunters? About 7 games against them and it just can't win, only once. It behaves more like the best anti-control.

Haven't lost yet to control warrior(10 matches), handlock(5 matches), freeze mage(4 matches). Tempo mages and grim patrons is very draw dependant. Zoo is difficult.

Weird...

This is a really fun deck to play. Once I gained a comprehensive knowledge of the all the synergies, only poor card draw keeps me from winning. My question is if Ysera could be fit somewhere in this deck. I crafted her when I was experimenting with dragon priest but found this deck to be more enjoyable. I just hate to see her go to waste. Thanks for your time Sottle.

Guest Papazian

Really like this deck. Started to re-use it again yesterday and climbed from lvl 15 to 10 quite easily. Maybe just a lucky streak, we'll see smile.png

The only change I've made is to replace the Zombie Chow for Swamp Ooze, does that sound ok? Still gives me a rather cheap minion to boost early and I have some response against Warrior/Paladin/Hunter-weapons.

Guest Crutch

Your recent update to the card list is at odds with the intro that calls for a hungry dragon. Great deck! You have saved me from these mother effing face hugging hunters!

Guest Potato Kinf

Holy monkey balls I love this deck. Everything is good as the deck is showen except I extanged one thought steal for a Dr.Boom. 

Guest AzuriVN

Hi Sottle, thank u very much for this helpful deck. I used this deck this season and now I got rank 5. I just played HS for 2 months (last season my best rank is 14). I changed 1 Thoughtsteal for Harrioson Jones to deal with Grim Warrior, and it worked fine. The bad matchup now I get is Handlock and Freeze Mage. Do u have any suggestion when facing these 2 decks?

Handlock is almost always a bad matchup for any type of Priest, there's not really a lot you can about that. Freeze Mage is a reasonable match though, you're going to be looking to draw the game out to fatigue, Deathlord can be useful to try and pull their Alexstrasza out for no value. Otherwise, just try not to overcommit for Doomsayer, and be careful with the amount of cards you draw, as you want the Mage to be ahead of you in fatigue.

I'm stuck at about rank 3 this season with this deck (-Thaur +Volj).  It would get to legend easily if it weren't for the fucking TGT control Paladins.  New ebola.

Vs. this deck, the new control Pally has a stronger opening, stronger midgame, and stronger finish.  I'm not sure it can really be beaten (I managed to win once or twice in fatigue, when Justicar was at the bottom of their deck).

Too bad, I was really enjoying this one.  It still craps on Druid and CW so decisively that they're almost free wins.  It's even better vs. the new Dragon Priests so far - which is really sad that a "vintage" GvG/Naxx deck does better than the leading priest deck two expansions later.  Maybe this will change.

EDIT: the secrets Pally gets eaten alive by this deck.

Edited by MehYam

How viable is this priest variant compared to the popular dragon priest decks, or rather where lie the relative strengths and weaknesses?

Dragon Priest is a more proactive deck, it aims to play minions and outvalue the stuff your opponent is playing. This deck is more of a pure anti-aggro stopped. It will farm decks like Face Hunter, Aggro/Secret Pally etc that still have a decent chance of beating the Dragon Priest deck.

Guest Mithra

this deck is awesome man! been playing it fora couple of days and im amazed, the deck is good against aggro and control too, even handlock is not that hard to beat, the win rate is very high. only change i made was i put a harrison jones instead of the belcher and ysera instead of mind control and senjin shieldmasta instead of the shredder for the extra taunt.

Guest Boddhisattva

I get screwed by card draw with this deck more often then not. There are many better Priest decks than this one

Sign in to follow this