FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legendary Control Warrior BrM

There are some mistakes in the guide. Deck includes Two Zombie Chows, but guide says one. And the deck doesn't have Rockbiter, guide says it has.

Edited by ByKryL

I was looking at the legendary control shaman deck and wanted to add a comment, but the comment link brought me to the control warrior topic...maybe you should fix the link wink.png

I was going to comment to the new legendary control shaman. In the synergies section at the bottom, you mention Al'Akir the Windlord plus Rockbiter Weapon, but the Deck does not include Rockbiter wink.png

Edited by Spritey

Guest Michael Shan

Is it possible for you guys to make some sort of heavier Dragon centered Shaman deck with cards like Chromaggus, Alexstrasza, Malygos, and/or Ysera? (While also supplementing the deck with Overload cards like Earth Elemental and Lava Shock)

Guest Guest

What kind of non-legendary or adventure legendary could I use to substitute Ragnaros ? I have everything else.

Guest Pleb

Looking at how much zoo / mech mage there are currently in the meta-game, what do you think about replacing Loatheb with brawl ?

Would Kezan Mystic instead of Loatheb, Cairne Bloodhoof instead of 1 Shieldmaiden and Gorehowl instead of Ragnaros be okay ? Also perhaps Revenge instead of Whirlwind although I can definitely see that 1 mana being very useful, hence my hesitation.

EDIT:
This is a bit off-subject but do you think completing this instead of a Freeze mage deck would be better in the current meta ? I've seen a lot of Kezan Mystics played against my tempo mage so it's a pretty tough choice for me right now.

Edited by Kaiser

I'm personally not a huge fan of Kezan, you wont see it many decks that I build, but that's a preference thing, the card can certainly be powerful at times. The other changes seem ok as well.

Guest pandoramon

i like old deck. but this deck seem good for vs. Grim Patron and Lord Jaraxxus

how about revenge instead of whirlwind?

Not a huge fan of Revenge, but it's more of a personal thing that a "the card is definitely bad" thing, you can try it out if you want.

Boy, do I need help.

When I started out with this deck, it didn't work at all - I prefer to play face, and getting used to the 'sit back and eliminate the opposition until your big guns come into play' was contrary to my playing habits. Then it started to click and I went from 19 to 16 quickly. Almost every deck crumbled before this strategy! It was great.

And then the losing streak hit. I'm back at 18. :-(

The problem is that almost every deck I face now outpaces me so swiftly that I can neither destroy the opposition quickly enough or build up adequate defenses. Last match was a shaman whose dust devil (plus abusive sergeant) whacked me into oblivion by turn two. Rogues are impossible to counter. Hunters and mages walk all over me. Even a paladin managed to crush me by turn five.

So what am I doing wrong? How do you survive the opening rounds in order to build an unstoppable counterattack later in the game? I'm using the deck as written. (and yes, I'm a crappy player but I want to learn)

Also, what card could be substituted for Harrison Jones? I haven't been able to use him efficiently very often.

Loatheb can be used instead of Harrison.

In terms of dealing with Aggressive decks, you need to Mulligan for Fiery War Axe, Armorsmith, and Cruel Taskmaster. Your chances of hitting at least one of those cards is extremely high if you mulligan for them, and they go a long way towards buying you a turn or two in order to set up.

I seem to have a VERY hard time against zoo decks. Any suggestions? I don't have harrison, I use loatheb instead.. but I can never find enough armor to make it to turn 7-8 and if I do, they have too hefty of a lead for me to lay anything good.

Pretty much what I said above, Zoo falls into that category of deck. Fiery War Axe is huge, and having that card in your opening hand probably swings the matchup by like 20% in your favour.

Pretty much what I said above, Zoo falls into that category of deck. Fiery War Axe is huge, and having that card in your opening hand probably swings the matchup by like 20% in your favour.

Ah alright. What about the card draw - The acolytes specifically. Would it be a terrible idea to put in battle rage instead?

No you definitely would rather have Acolytes in that matchup, they actually do pretty well against Zoo's minions early if they don't have an Abusive to buff them.

Guest Guest

I use a really solid non legendary warlock zoo aggro deck and this deck slaughters me 9/10 times. The funniest part is I just started playing about 3 weeks ago and I'm rank 9 now and I've bought almost no packs but these guys have all these legendaries also at only rank 9. So is this deck pretty much only good against my type of deck? I see it probably 1/3 games it seems and when I don't see it I usually win 5-6 in a row. What are this decks weakness to doom guard warlock? I can't figure any strategy out. Thanks.

I use a really solid non legendary warlock zoo aggro deck and this deck slaughters me 9/10 times. The funniest part is I just started playing about 3 weeks ago and I'm rank 9 now and I've bought almost no packs but these guys have all these legendaries also at only rank 9. So is this deck pretty much only good against my type of deck? I see it probably 1/3 games it seems and when I don't see it I usually win 5-6 in a row. What are this decks weakness to doom guard warlock? I can't figure any strategy out. Thanks.

control warrior is a tough deck to face with most aggro decks in general to be fair.but what seems to work for me is to try and not overextend against them just before turn 5(or brawl will own you).on turn one it is wise to try and mulligan for a stickier minion that won't simply die to a fiery war axe swing(in your case,the best bet is probably haunted creeper).playing jugglers on turn one or two against a warrior is usually a bad idea even if you have nothing else to play,because the minion is too valuable to just let it they to a war axe.the only time when you can consider not playing around the card is when your opponent has thrown away his whole hand,because this means the odds of him having it is greatly diminished(you should pay attention to his hand during mulligan phase for this reason).

i haven't played zoo in a while now,but i'd say its the same thing as using agro pally against them(i have about 55% win rate in the matchup,which i would say is quite alright considering its,well,control warrior),except not having divine favor probably hurts the matchup quite a bit.

i'm sure sottle could provide more help though.

Edited by batanete

Zoo is generally favoured against Control Warrior, but in can be difficult if they have Fiery War Axe early.

One key strategy is to wait for your opponent to mulligan before you, and look at how many cards they keep. If they keep 2 or more, then they probably have the War Axe, and you should mulligan for resilient cards that don't outright die to War Axe (Haunted Creeper, Imp Gang Boss, Egg + PO etc.). If they throw away their whole hand, or keep only one card, then you can try and keep cards like Flame Imp and Knife Juggler and try and run them over early.

From there it's usually just a matter of building a board and having enough pressure to force a Brawl, but not so much that you don't have any resources in hand to followup. Once you've forced a Brawl and can refill the board the next turn and maintain pressure, you should be ok.

Guest Deathpalac

Can i replace Harrison Jones with Loatheb?

Guest valishotu15

Hey sottle.

Any replace for Ragnaros the firelord? And what do you think about double brawl in this deck with the full patron & zoo meta.

Any way to improve the odds against midrange hunter? 

Sign in to follow this