FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aposter

Flamewaker mage or mech mage?

Has anyone here been trying out the flamewaker mage decks floating about?

I ask because, after a long time dusting mage cards to make other classes, I recently pulled an antonidas. Between that, a bit of dust and a few cards that escaped the cull, I can probably make one decent mage deck.

I have moast neutral mech cards lying around after an experiment with mech druid, so mech age would be easy. Flamewaker would be fairly doable (I think, deck depending).

I know mech mage is pretty strong, but I have no idea about flamewaker. So I thought I would ask you guys.

Which would you make?

Edited by Aposter

The thing you call Flamewalker Mage is just basically old Tempo Mage with addition of Flamewalker. The problem with it is that playes control-esque game, so for it to function you need some decent generic Legendaries, like Sylvanas, Rag, Boom or Sneeds etc. You have to have really strong late game in this kind of the deck, otherwise you will loose all the Tempo you gained in initial turns. And since you didn't mention having those cards, I assume you don't currently own them. Mech Mage however functions insanely good only on Antonidas (which you have) or Boom alone. Also this is just my personal opinion, but I consider Mech Midrange better deck than Tempo. 

Very sorry, I forgot to mention my status with neutral legendaries.  I have quite a few, but not all of the core ones.  I have all the adventure legendaries from naxx and brm.  Got boom and slyvanas (crafted sylvanas last week after a lot of dust saving), got harrison but not using him atm.  Even got onyxia and malygos.  Not got rag, tbk, ysera or any of the other neutrals.  Certainly enough to work with though.  

Still, if flamewaker mage is essentially tempo mage, thats kinda boring to me.  I'll have another think, and maybe go with the mechs later.  Or maybe not, Sottle appears to have just put up a tempo/flamewaker deck.  

Urgh, decisions.  Think I'm just going to go play oil rogue and have a bit of a lie down.  

Edited by Aposter

So, long story short I went for sottle's flamewaker/tempo deck.  Since i don't have rag I put in antonidas, and since i had antonidas I swapped the shredders for mechanical yetis.  Spare parts yo.  

So far I'm 10-3, and I'm certain that I could have won at least 2 of those losses were it not for facepalm worthy misplays.  Starting to think I could hit rank 5 this month, that's always been my target.  

Jeez, this "mage" thing you guys all talk about - it's pretty easy:P

Edited by Aposter

Flamewaker is stronger than Mech currently in my opinion, but as always with the Hearthstone meta, this can change pretty quickly.