Damien

Hearthstone Nefarian and Onyxia

87 posts in this topic

You should use the decks outlined in the other boss guides for those bosses, but the OTK Priest strategy is pretty solid against a number of different bosses.

10-4 thanks for the quick reply.  I'm semi-new so I don't have too many good cards yet.

4th time trying this deck, i have not yet done 1 damage to Nefarian. i end up trying to play minions clearing his and die..
I honestly ask if this is a joke.. Honest to god and my family..

4th time trying this deck, i have not yet done 1 damage to Nefarian. i end up trying to play minions clearing his and die..

I honestly ask if this is a joke.. Honest to god and my family..

you are right, this deck does not work!

Umm, I used the standard Chinese Grinder Priest deck and the fight against Nefarian was ridiculously easy. O_o

Admitted, I had a strong Northshire Cleric start, but as soon as I had a Deathlord on the board things went VERY smoothly. I dictated the pace, put out Emperor Thaurissan and had him on the board for like 5 turns, always buffing my nearly full hand. I honestly thought I accidently started the fight in normal mode ...

After I have beaten all bosses in Heroic mode I must say, that the last wing seemed to be the easiest one: I beat every boss without abusing Kel'Thuzad. *patting my own shoulder* ;)

this deck is worthless I got farther on my Aggro Grim Mech Mage deck

Which deck are you guys referring to? Because i'm 3/3 with the Priest deck, Once on NA when I was making the decks, then again when I fatigued him to get his full decklist, then again when I cleared it on my main EU account. It seems very consistent to me.

1 person likes this

Your Mage Deck for Nefarian/Onyxia worked for me in the 4th try. Seems to need a little drawing luck. Thank you

I got lucky with Deathlord, divine spirit and inner fire and won with this deck on my first try! Hurrah!

After Kel Thuzad comes on the game is won. Still took me 12 more turns to finally get my Deathlord to 32 ;-)

Well I got my deathlord to 42/42 on the first try, so it worked fine for me!

For me, the deck worked like a charm and I defeated Nefarian on second try.

Okay, thanks for the positive feedback guys smile.png

Yeah this mage deck is absolutely horrible

Yeah this mage deck is absolutely horrible

It's a basic deck and it works, what else do you want? If you want an easy normal mode victory, just use one of the heroic decks.

you are right, this deck does not work!

I was skeptical, but I kept trying and after 6 attempts I finally figured out how to play it effectively.  It works, but good draw is crucial.  My strategy was to get him to 1 armour and then kept taking out his minions and buffed my deathlord up enough to take Neffy out in one shot.  It took 14 turns before I could get there.  Good luck!   http://twitter.com/SassyMofrass/status/595324039154913280/photo/1

Managed on the first run in crazy fashion when I accidentally Holy Nova'ed the last of the armor over, starting phase two. Ended up coming out fine with the Northshire Cleric doing a bangup job. Farmed a 10 card hand before ending the Onyxia phase and losing my first wave of minions. Setting up to finish was quick and painless, since I could push the damage over with a single minion hit at any time and set up after. Even with the Velen and Kel'Thuzad gone at that point, I had a second Lightwell and Inner Fire Deathlord ready to go and Nefarian was in pure topdeck mode with a clear board at that point.

Tried a second time, to see if I could make it smoother andI ended up in another interesting situation. Found out I wouldn't be able to get my Deathlord up to 31/31 when I used the health doubling too early, and lacking the Velen's Chosen. Fourtunately I had a single Gurabashi Berzerker and Prophet Velen replacing some of the cards I didn't have. Ended up camping behind the high health Deathlord with Velen and double Lightwell keeping everything topped off, and a handy Northshire Cleric I eventually had to replace when I got lower on cards. Farmed the Berzerker scaling up on the 4/2 minions. Finally finished at 5 damage worth of fatigue, but had enough healing up I could have gone for several more turns if need be. Always nice to have a bit of a backup plan. One thing to note that run, Kel did manage to get sniped at one point, when he got two 4 damage spells into hand. Too little, too late for Nef though.

Not bad, winning two for two, though guessing the Northshire Cleric draw going well really helped.

Please explain better that you have to do 31 dmg in 1 attack not in 1 turn. 

the mage deck worked great (though i replaced a 2/3 with pyroblast,it didnt end up mattering)

I used the mage prescribed for the boss before was too easy 

Worked so well. Once I had Deathlords out, it was so easy. Thank you! 

9dSq2EU.png

I was able to defeat this boss on normal mode using the standard Mech Aggro/Rush Mage deck after only two tries :)

I'm on attempt- no joke- 116 I've been at this for six days using all variations of this recommended deck and the two others and the best I got was to get him to 12. Frankly I can't really feel like this site is anything except meant to troll people who are coming here for advice.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor