FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Fatigue Mage Wild

you think this deck is still or that there are any tweaks you can make to it to make it viable?i used to play it and i found it extremely fun(other than games lasting around 30 minutes on average) but i'm not sure it can still work nowadays.

Yeah I think it's still fine. I haven't tested the matchup, but it seems like it would be a really strong answer to all the Grim Patron Warrior.

• Like 1

Guest AMAGE4EVER

I have been playing this deck the last couple of days.. Win rate is low, but I like the randomness of the cards. They REALLY make me have to think of how to play.. Even with oracle draw kind of stinks.. Often I might not get my duplicates until the very end of game.. Also, I switched out one Echo for Chromaggus.. I don't get to use him a lot, but I used echo even less. There just aren't enough playable minions.. And this is hugely a spell based deck.. Illuminator is rarely used for more than one round, and that is not a card I want to duplicate especially with only 3 secrets.. UNLESS Chromaggus gave me the extras.. Which, it is tough to say what you will draw as soon as he is in play, so I am trying to count my cards so to speak.. If I know some really good ones have yet to be drawn, I will throw him in for the chance at the spares.. Otherwise, this deck is really hard to play as my hand may be full of spells before even one minion pops.. Either way that could work for me or kill me by turn 6... I definitely need more practice. But I love the deck so far..  :)

Guest Lunchbox

I have been playing this deck for a few days as well, and as the above comment mentioned, it is random and sometimes I just get stomped before turn 8 (mostly due to not freezing well on my part I think) but against more control type decks, I have had so much success. I just finished playing against a Lightbomb priest and demolished him. Duplicating Illuminator following by Echoing an Oracle and Illuminator was amazing towards the end. I'm not a pro, nor am I above rank 16 on the ladder, but I've had a ton of fun playing this deck and learning how to play better and anticipate moves.

Guest AMAGE4EVER

Yeah I think it's still fine. I haven't tested the matchup, but it seems like it would be a really strong answer to all the Grim Patron Warrior.

are there any youtube videos of the creator playing this deck? I am really struggling with it as the draws are so difficult to get on my side.  As mentioned before, there aren't enough playable minions, and often they don't come out in time, or they come at once.. It is just difficult to know when to hold em, so to speak.. And then, when to use which spells... I have burned through most of my freezes with in 4 turns because I had nothing else to use for attack..

Guest somebody

AMAGE4EVER: Note that in these grinder / fatigue decks, you do not care about tempo. Passing an entire turn (or even two) is sometimes completely fine as long as you dont take too much damage. You have only a limited amount of removal and should not was it on very early boards that do not represent that much of a threat.

AMAGE4EVER: Note that in these grinder / fatigue decks, you do not care about tempo. Passing an entire turn (or even two) is sometimes completely fine as long as you dont take too much damage. You have only a limited amount of removal and should not was it on very early boards that do not represent that much of a threat.

I endorse this advice :P

Guest Guest

Well, this is a very difficult deck to master... I am realizing now it isn't about the minions or slapping my opponent in the face.. Grasping the stall concept is actually a bit more difficult than I had anticipated.. However, with the advice from everyone here, and more practice I think I can only get better.. Despite how tough this is, I am not quitting.. I do enjoy this deck.. And I have had great results! Especially when it looked completely hopeless..  smile.png

But anyway, here is my battletag AMAGE4EVER#1330 if any of you are interested, friend request me.. I am almost always playing this deck.. You can always spectate and critique me if you like..  Until then CHEERS  wink.png And thanks again..

Guest AMAGE4EVER#1330

I did just reply to this post, and did the capcha but not sure where my post went.. Sorry if this shows as back-to-back anyway, I was just thanking everyone for all their tips and advice.. So far I love this deck against control warrior.. My difficult ones are Legendary Mages, massive spell damage plus Mages, and mill Rogue..  Any tips for these deck types?

the deck is indeed still fine.i played a couple of games with it around rank 3 this season,and won most of them.as sottle said it is excelent against patron warriors and also against the ever present hunters(turn 3 deathlord spells doom for aggro decks most of the time).it's also very,very fun to play.

still,i think that for the purpose of getting legend it's not the best choice,not because you can't win but simply because games take too long.in order to get legend with this deck you would need a lot of free time on your hands during that month.

Edited by batanete

http://youtu.be/TdoFBBnm3hw   Here is my first recorded match.. I will be recording all my games today, win or lose.. I'd like any constructive criticism you all may have to share..

First loss (they keep getting worse)

So I won my first few games, NOW I am on a losing streak.. Please advise me how to handle these matches when I just don't know what to do with the cards I was dealt..

REALLY bad loss

My last share here for the day (another loss).. Feel free to view any other of my recorded matches.. AND please comment... I really need help with this deck..

Edited by AMAGE4EVER

Ok, so first game.

Against the Huffer, I would have just Frostbolted it and played Doomsayer on an empty board. This means he has to skip his next turn and you get to play Deathlord unchallenged on an empty board the next turn. Your play was much more risky to taking a lot more damage if he removal or an Owl for the Deathlord.

Turn 5, I would have considered Cone of Cold heavily, this might bait out an Owl to unfreeze one of his minions, and then increase the value of your Frost Nova Doomsayer the next turn. This is a minor one though, your play was fine.

Turn 6, there is absolutely 0 merit to playing Coldlight over Healbot that turn. Healbot heals you for 8, puts a bigger minion into play, spends more Mana and does not draw an Aggro deck more cards.

Turn 7, Frostbolt the 2/3, what are you holding them for? You have 2 of them in your hand. You also should have traded into the Creeper to remove all Beasts from the board, plays around Houndmaster, Kill Command, Scavenging Hyena etc. Also sets up a better Flamestrike.

Turn 8 I would have just Flamestriked.

Turn 9 Flamestrike is fine, but you should have pinged the 2/1 Creeper first, that way you clear both 1/1s

Turn 10, just double Healbot and go to 25, again you're just giving the aggressive deck fuel with the Coldlights.

Against the Gahzrilla, your play was fine up until you had 6 Mana left, then you should have just Doomsayer, Deathlord.

Second Game:

Turn 5: Play Belcher instead of Deathlord, Belcher is more Mana efficient, and the Deathlord just dies for free on the board, never a situation you want.

Turn 7: Really not sure what your mentality was for not playing Belcher, that should have hit the board for sure. Then you would have had a minion on board the next turn, and been able to drop Healbot + Illuminator to gain a ton of Health.

Turn 10: Should have played the Illuminator along with the Echo, pinging the Hyena isn't that important since they're both walled out by the Deathlord anyway. And getting the extra 2/4 on board contests them both nicely, and starts to heal you.

The turn you played Echo on the Healbot, you should have simply Echo'd the Healbot and replayed the second one.

I might come back and look at the third game later, but I need to start my stream in a few minutes. Hopefully this goes some way to illustrate that you are making a LOT of misplays with the deck.

• Like 1

Sottle-I appreciate all of your advice..  I knew I was making mistakes, but I couldn't really see where they were.. I am going to go back over the matches to see exactly my errors.. Thank-you so much for the help..  smile.png Feel free to share any other tips as you see necessary..  smile.png

Ouch, watching my first match right now, I am seeing the errors you mentioned.. Well game 1 was definitely embarrassing...sad.png

So I tried to take your advice.. Though I won this game, I think I should have done better..

smile.png

Edited by AMAGE4EVER

Guest Ze-Kid

I've had some early success with this deck after only playing it for few days. One thing that gets me is Big Game Hunter. I've faced a variety of heroes and decks, none of which have any 7+ attack minions (probably about less than 30%). And when I do play it just to have the extra minion attacking, it get killed by a 2 attack minion before I get to use it. I know it will be useful eventually, but does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement for the card? Preferably 3 or 4 mana so I don't wreck the curve of the deck.

I would never cut Big Game Hunter. Even Aggro decks like Zoo and Hunter are playing Dr. Boom, it's very rarely dead.

Guest AMAGE4EVER#1330

After playing this deck for a few months now, I believe I am very close to mastering it.. It is extremely effective against virtually every deck type..At least the ones I have encountered.. The problem I am having now, is all the new cards out from TGT. I really like many of them, but I am struggling to find the right deck to use them in, or the right combo of certain cards.. I have noticed, that when something I create fails, that I slowly start changing out the cards I have chosen, for card in this particular deck.. So, by the end of it all, I have Sottles fatigue deck again..  sad.png  Is this really all I know?

Guest AMAGE4EVER

Well, I think I have found a deck that this fatigue can't beat ever... I don't know what else to call it except, hero power/inspire priest..  Since the release of TGT, I have had to change a bit how I use my cards, but most decks aren't too difficult... Except the hero power/inspire priest..    They are using, lightwarden, with aucheni, and spawn of shadows, and justicar etc... After justicar is played it is already close to game over, as they can heal 4 now..Any suggestions?

Just a note. The new torch card could be a really good addition here as it gives you two extra cards and makes you fatigue later. Not sure what to cut cause i am not too familiar with the deck but it was played against me and looked fine.