FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Duplicate Control Mage BrM

Guest Rodeknopje

nice deck altough i only miss archmage i have a 90% winrate against al agro matches i replaced the archmage with a healbot, against facehunter just duplicate a couple of healbots till he runs out of steam and you have the win smile.png

Guest Spx

Seems like one Hex / Polymorph kills it for Dup

:|

Guest Hermano

Hello sottle , I'm big fan  !

Don't you think this deck lacks a powerful finisher next to the Archmage ?

I'm thinking about adding KT or Dr Boom !

Best regards dude !

Guest TastyCakes4U

Guest_Rodeknopje_*, duplicate only works if the hunter kills the minion, which he is never likely to do unless he accidentally kills it with explosive trap or if he is mid-range. So with this in mind , do you think 1x echo for 1x duplicate is good sottle?

Guest Taho

This deck is not good in the current meta.  Been getting destroyed today by all manner of decks.  I'm an embarassing 2-6 with this deck today.  This deck should not be labeled as Legend.  If you don't get the exact draw that you need, you are toast.

I think you have been too liberal lately labeling decks as "legend".  Just because one pro piloted it to legend a week or more ago does not make it a "legend" deck for your slightly above average player.  I think this site should consider a different labeling/rating system.  Perhaps separating the "legend" decks into different tiers would help becuase the 50 (just guessing and throwing out a number... I think it's a little more) decks labeled as "legend" are not all equal.  In fact, there are drastic differences among them in terms of their ladder win rate, but that is not reflected anywhere.  It's frustrating to your slightly above average player when a deck is labeled as legend, but then try it out and it bombs.

This issue is compounded by the lack of Sottle's weekly posts which used to direct us towards the more successful decks in the current meta.

Food for thought...

/signed Frustrated

This deck is not good in the current meta.  Been getting destroyed today by all manner of decks.  I'm an embarassing 2-6 with this deck today.  This deck should not be labeled as Legend.  If you don't get the exact draw that you need, you are toast.

I think you have been too liberal lately labeling decks as "legend".  Just because one pro piloted it to legend a week or more ago does not make it a "legend" deck for your slightly above average player.  I think this site should consider a different labeling/rating system.  Perhaps separating the "legend" decks into different tiers would help becuase the 50 (just guessing and throwing out a number... I think it's a little more) decks labeled as "legend" are not all equal.  In fact, there are drastic differences among them in terms of their ladder win rate, but that is not reflected anywhere.  It's frustrating to your slightly above average player when a deck is labeled as legend, but then try it out and it bombs.

This issue is compounded by the lack of Sottle's weekly posts which used to direct us towards the more successful decks in the current meta.

Food for thought...

/signed Frustrated

"slightly above average" players are not supposed to get to legend regardless of the deck they use.that's what legend rank is supposed to be like.don't know if you heard about it,but legend rank is composed of less than 0.2% of the total hearthstone player base(i am not making this up).even if you use one of the so called "easy to play" decks you won't get to legend by being just above average.my best rank is rank 5,and i don't blame it on the decks i picked.why?because many of them were the same as top players use on their streams and get to top 10 legend with.people need to be able to acknowledge their own faults when they play online games instead of just moaning at everything.

/rant

i have played the deck before(around rank 7 or so i think) and i think it's fine(granted,i think it does suffer against all out agressive decks,as it only starts coming into its own after around turn 5,but against all other decks it poses a serious threat).the only complaint is that games usually take long,which doesn't suit people like me who don't always have as much time to play the game as they would like.but that's a given with control decks.

as a side note,i would love to see sottle play either this deck or fatigue mage on his stream sometime.i understand you probably get this a lot,but i'm a massive sucker for these decks and the mage class in general,so that would be really nice.one can only hope.

Edited by batanete
  • Like 1

Food for thought...

/signed Frustrated

If a deck when played correctly, is capable of competing at the highest level, then it's a Legend deck, it's quite simple.

You say "just because one pro player..." etc. But thinking that way is lazy. If someone else can do it, you can as well, just play the deck as well as they do.

As mentioned in the guide, this deck comes from a former team mate of mine, he's used this deck to get second at Insomnia, the UK's biggest LAN event, and recently to qualify for the Gfinity Summer Masters. It's a strong deck, no one is saying it's easy to play, or that the average player can coast to Legend with it, but guess what? The average player can't coast to Legend with any deck, that's kind of why they're the average player. Play the deck well, and you'll get results.

after playing with this deck for a while,i have started getting the impression that having two mad scientists can be more of a hinderance than an advantage.you certainly do not want to use the card early,as popping out a duplicate at the wrong time can easily cost you the game,and later on you have so much mana to spare that it isn't that big of a deal if you can't play the secret for free.i understand that in most decks that play secrets MS is a really important card,but in this deck i feel its mostly about using duplicate at the right time than playing it for free.

at the same time,i feel that the deck suffers against decks such as face hunter,as it takes a few turns to start putting it's own threats on the board(unless you draw into zombie chow on turn one,which doesn't happen as often as i would like,given that theres only one in the deck).

do you think its ok to just replace one MS with another zombie chow,or just another finisher such as rag?i think it could help the deck quite a bit.

Edited by batanete

Guest Walle

Hi Sottle, awesome deck and guide as usual. Won a couple of games already and only one loss.

What is your thoughts of replacing one explosive sheep for one doomslayer for the combo like freeze mage uses with blizzad doomslayer for example. Or do you think at that stage of the game your blizzard and flamestrikes are enough board clear? Im thinking vs handlock with a couple of giants with taunt up and you havent got the chance to duplicate BgH.

after playing with this deck for a while,i have started getting the impression that having two mad scientists can be more of a hinderance than an advantage.you certainly do not want to use the card early,as popping out a duplicate at the wrong time can easily cost you the game,and later on you have so much mana to spare that it isn't that big of a deal if you can't play the secret for free.i understand that in most decks that play secrets MS is a really important card,but in this deck i feel its mostly about using duplicate at the right time than playing it for free.

at the same time,i feel that the deck suffers against decks such as face hunter,as it takes a few turns to start putting it's own threats on the board(unless you draw into zombie chow on turn one,which doesn't happen as often as i would like,given that theres only one in the deck).

do you think its ok to just replace one MS with another zombie chow,or just another finisher such as rag?i think it could help the deck quite a bit.

Sometimes getting Duplicate from Scientist can feel like a hindrance, I agree, but it's usually just a matter of adapting your gameplan. You may have to pass a turn, or just use removal/stall cards, until you get to drop a Belcher etc on Turn 5. You can try to drop one for a 2nd Chow if you want, I certainly don't think that's terrible.

Hi Sottle, awesome deck and guide as usual. Won a couple of games already and only one loss.

What is your thoughts of replacing one explosive sheep for one doomslayer for the combo like freeze mage uses with blizzad doomslayer for example. Or do you think at that stage of the game your blizzard and flamestrikes are enough board clear? Im thinking vs handlock with a couple of giants with taunt up and you havent got the chance to duplicate BgH.

Poly, BGH, Blizzard into Flamestrike etc should be enough.

Guest Felipe SAlles

I dont have illuminator who i put on her place?

Definitely a possibility, I know Strifecro has been playing a similar deck with a bit of Dragon synergy in it.

Guest Bodin

Based on my experience so far, I have had good results with this deck. It seems to be good against aggro decks (e.g. face hunter), as well as mid-range and control decks. When I lose it's usually not by much. And when I win, I am controlling the game throughout. Although this deck won't get as many games in as an aggro deck, I feel like I have a chance each game. It's refreshing to play a deck that is good against face hunter and can also outlast other control decks by duplicating high priority targets.

Thanks!

Nice deck sottle. Yeah o saw strifecro playing a similar deck with the dragon synergy. Are you gonna post a duplicate dragon deck on the deck list soon? It would be awesome im loving the dragon synergy decks.

Working on some Dragon decks today, not sure if i'll get to Mage, but looking like Dragon Druid and Warrior will be up soon :)

Yeah i saw the dragon ramp with chrommagus and ysera, its awesome. And also the new hybrid hunter.

The malygos dragon warlock is awesome too. Ive been able to pull the 34 damage combo, it feels good :-)

Guest Guest54

I have the cards, played about 7 games with it and did ok-ish, any room to add in a rag?
Also where can I find someone who plays this deck (or a simillar one)? Sometimes I'm not sure I'm making the right descisions..

Guest Dick

I was talking about the mage deck,
In regards to it I don't think antonidas fits, its extremely difficult to combo in spells with him..
If you are running him you need to add in something like toshley (which I don't have)
The illuminator kinda feels out of place since you don't want to duplicate it, and ice barriers are easily to pop, meaning its just a 2-4 heal 4, almost a far seer. pretty unnecessary 
I don't think this deck can reach Legend, maybe good in tourament but that's not something you compare with laddering..
The good duplicate control mage decks either have echo's for a bunch of card draw and value minions, or a bunch of high end legendaries once you stalled the game long enough (similar to control warrior)

so to recap: the deck runs out of steam, with plenty of healing but not enough damage
illuminator doesn't get any more value than a far seer would
no echos means the deck has less "stanima"
not enough late game minions means you have to rely on antonidas to finish the opponent off, which is unlikely with no low cost spells (thaurissan shinanigens is hard to set up, and you often need to use the spells to control the board)

Sign in to follow this