Damien

Follower Guide

41 posts in this topic

What about Azurewrath as an alternative weapon for the templar, with up to 25% chance to freeze mobs (including rift guardians)? Its cold damage can even be re-rolled to lightning damage if we want to use it in combination with the Wyrdward ring...

What about Azurewrath as an alternative weapon for the templar, with up to 25% chance to freeze mobs (including rift guardians)? Its cold damage can even be re-rolled to lightning damage if we want to use it in combination with the Wyrdward ring...

Azurewrath is a decent option, agreed. With respect to future 2.3 changes however, a lot of crowd control favorites (Azure included) are likely to be replaced by direct damage or party buffing choices - keep it in mind when planning follower gear. :)

This is a nice guide, it's very good explained. However one thing is missing in my opinion, it's a ever small thing, and properly not even worth mention, but that gem would you use in weapon socket. I know that there pretty much only are two options here, ruby or diamond. Maybe you could add a short segment about when you want to use one or the other? Personally I would take the diamond, for extra damage on elites. In my opinion it's not the clearing of normal mobs that's the problem, more clearing the elites. But otherwise good work smile.png

This is a nice guide, it's very good explained. However one thing is missing in my opinion, it's a ever small thing, and properly not even worth mention, but that gem would you use in weapon socket. I know that there pretty much only are two options here, ruby or diamond. Maybe you could add a short segment about when you want to use one or the other? Personally I would take the diamond, for extra damage on elites. In my opinion it's not the clearing of normal mobs that's the problem, more clearing the elites. But otherwise good work smile.png

With Crit Damage easily capped by the follower token, I would suggest Ruby (flat damage increase) or Diamond (elite damage increase) as your best options. Just make sure not to prioritize sockets over more important stats like Attack Speed (faster on-hit legendary procs) or Cooldown Reduction (more heals, etc)

When I am wearing the oculus ring, the yellow damage buff circle is up about 80% of the time I would guess.  When I put it on my templar, I did not proc once in about 3 hours of play. I think the follower has to get the killing blow, contrary to what your guide says.  I am playing on a PS4, so maybe it's different, but that's definitely my experience.

When I am wearing the oculus ring, the yellow damage buff circle is up about 80% of the time I would guess.  When I put it on my templar, I did not proc once in about 3 hours of play. I think the follower has to get the killing blow, contrary to what your guide says.  I am playing on a PS4, so maybe it's different, but that's definitely my experience.

That would be very strange. Is it an old Oculus, dropped prior to patch 2.2 (thus missing the legendary affix)? Or maybe you are on Xbox 360 / PS3?

That would be very strange. Is it an old Oculus, dropped prior to patch 2.2 (thus missing the legendary affix)? Or maybe you are on Xbox 360 / PS3?

Can you update info because i can confirm in S4 HC this ring is not working on my follower.

hello deadset, i always wondering if any legendary gems in rings and amulet would make sense?

hello deadset, i always wondering if any legendary gems in rings and amulet would make sense?

Heya - gems don't work when slotted on followers, unfortunately.

Hi,

I have a question regarding the rings for the Enchantress.

Specifically the choice of Wyrdward - would the lightning dmg from a character proc the stun possibility? Her dmg is Arcane so it wouldn't be from her at all - or am I missing something?

And in cases where a character doesn't use Lightning at all - maybe a Hellfire ring would be a better option?, or Broken Promises?

As for the Oculus ring - the field of focused power will always be centered around the target killes, not the caster - so I would think the Oculus is a far better option for the Templar - I wouldn't bother moving to a field like that unless teleporting. Or is this chosen for its atk spd increase?, the reduced dmg from elites is useless after all with the immortal Focus..

I note you mention this is a 2.3 guide and recommend using certain crowd control weapons for (in my example, specifically templar) follower specific gearing, however the 2.3 patch release increased of CC resistance caps from 65% to 95%, so aren't weapons such as Eun-Jang-Do are pretty much pointless now? I can confirm Rift Guardians' apparent immunity to Eun-Jang-Do and Azurewrath... 

Specifically the choice of Wyrdward - would the lightning dmg from a character proc the stun possibility? Her dmg is Arcane so it wouldn't be from her at all - or am I missing something?

And in cases where a character doesn't use Lightning at all - maybe a Hellfire ring would be a better option?, or Broken Promises?

As for the Oculus ring - the field of focused power will always be centered around the target killes, not the caster - so I would think the Oculus is a far better option for the Templar - I wouldn't bother moving to a field like that unless teleporting. Or is this chosen for its atk spd increase?, the reduced dmg from elites is useless after all with the immortal Focus..

Wyrdward can be procced by weapons listing Lightning as their damage type in the damage range, so you can force it to trigger like that.

Oculus is still helpful due to the higher attack speed (= more item procs), and situational advantage from the buff is still better than none. :)

I note you mention this is a 2.3 guide and recommend using certain crowd control weapons for (in my example, specifically templar) follower specific gearing, however the 2.3 patch release increased of CC resistance caps from 65% to 95%, so aren't weapons such as Eun-Jang-Do are pretty much pointless now? I can confirm Rift Guardians' apparent immunity to Eun-Jang-Do and Azurewrath... 

Heya, this part will indeed have to undergo a slight revision, I would highly recommend the Thunderfury over any other weapon in the current situation. Thanks for pointing it out.

nice guide.

which follower is the best choice for which class (if they are best equipped)...?

Heya - gems don't work when slotted on followers, unfortunately.

Are you sure about this. I put Wreath of Lightning in my follower's ring, and I can see it proc (XBox One). 

Okay, so I've tried everything with Oculus ring - have someone in my party (but not in the game), have all kinds of AoE things on my follower to make sure it "assists", try every type of follower, etc. I haven't seen it proc once, at all, ever. I double checked everything: invulnerability relic on follower, the ring itself (if I equip it, it procs a ton).

A friend of mine got interested about it while I complained too, and confirmed he never got any procs either (he had it equipped for a while and just noticed me whining about it in clan chat and realized he hasn't seen it proc either). We then tried the "be in party but not in game" method (we'd join each others groups when going afk, and just leave game so there's a "party" but it's still solo). He then said he got, like, maybe 3 procs in 4 rifts.

I haven't played this game since RoS release until now, so I don't know how it used to be in the past, but surely this isn't how it was at the time of writing the guide, right? It's not a super rare proc type of thing? It's pretty useless if it just procs super rarely - it'll proc when you don't really need it at all.

Right now I'll just go with Wyrdward (once I get a Thunderfury, which I still didn't... maybe that ring is nerfed/bugged too? lol) and a Bul-Kathos (gotta test that too, tbh). Can confirm Nagelring works - the Lunatics spawn around you, hard to miss.

This guide needs an update.

Okay, so I've tried everything with Oculus ring - have someone in my party (but not in the game), have all kinds of AoE things on my follower to make sure it "assists", try every type of follower, etc. I haven't seen it proc once, at all, ever. I double checked everything: invulnerability relic on follower, the ring itself (if I equip it, it procs a ton).

A friend of mine got interested about it while I complained too, and confirmed he never got any procs either (he had it equipped for a while and just noticed me whining about it in clan chat and realized he hasn't seen it proc either). We then tried the "be in party but not in game" method (we'd join each others groups when going afk, and just leave game so there's a "party" but it's still solo). He then said he got, like, maybe 3 procs in 4 rifts.

I haven't played this game since RoS release until now, so I don't know how it used to be in the past, but surely this isn't how it was at the time of writing the guide, right? It's not a super rare proc type of thing? It's pretty useless if it just procs super rarely - it'll proc when you don't really need it at all.

Right now I'll just go with Wyrdward (once I get a Thunderfury, which I still didn't... maybe that ring is nerfed/bugged too? lol) and a Bul-Kathos (gotta test that too, tbh). Can confirm Nagelring works - the Lunatics spawn around you, hard to miss.

This guide needs an update.

Occulus procs from my Templar all the time. It did it in Season 4, it still does it in Season 5 (not sure if I tried it in 3). I would estimate somewhere around a 75% uptime. It regularly procs from assists. No idea what you're doing wrong, but the ring absolutely works.

Is there an update coming on the follower section for patch 2.4?

Is there an update coming on the follower section for patch 2.4?

Yes! In the works, out Soon ™ :)

I'm still confused on follower gear.  Does the stats on the gear help them or me?  In other words for sockets you say gems for primary stat, Whose stat mine or the follower?  As a Monk my primary stat is Dex but my Templar would be strength.  Should his shield have dex for me or strength for him?

Thanks sorry if it seems a dumb question but I don't see any clarification anywhere and when I try swapping gear around don't see that it helps me so that's probably my answer.

Keny

I'm still confused on follower gear.  Does the stats on the gear help them or me?  In other words for sockets you say gems for primary stat, Whose stat mine or the follower?  As a Monk my primary stat is Dex but my Templar would be strength.  Should his shield have dex for me or strength for him?

No worries about the questions. As for the stats, followers are individual and their primary attributes will not affect your character. You should stack into the correct primary for the chosen follower (Templar -> Strength, Enchantress -> Int, Scoundrel -> Dex), and try to get other helpful stats like CDR and Increased Attack Speed.

Since you recommend the follower item where they cannot die, why do you list Block chance (templar) and vitality among the stat priorities?

Since you recommend the follower item where they cannot die, why do you list Block chance (templar) and vitality among the stat priorities?

block change to proc shield freeze, vitality is useless 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor