Damien

Heroes of the Storm Zeratul

45 posts in this topic

Can't the Focused Attack and Follow Through build do much more damage? Do you prefer this build because of the inherent safety?

Thank you for updating this guide. It helped me significantly in my gameplay. Are you making a Gazlowe guide? He's my second main.

Can't the Focused Attack and Follow Through build do much more damage? Do you prefer this build because of the inherent safety?

Yes, it does! I was in the process of updating the guide, which it now reflects.

Hello Srey! I watched your stream, and I noticed that you were using Rending Cleave rather than Double Bombs. Did you just feel like trying it out, or do you prefer it more than Double Bombs now? I guess Rending Cleave will be better when Wormhole gets nerfed?

As always, keep up the good work. You should definitely stream more, if you ask from me. It's always great to see guide-writers of Icy Veins in action. :D

Hello Srey! I watched your stream, and I noticed that you were using Rending Cleave rather than Double Bombs. Did you just feel like trying it out, or do you prefer it more than Double Bombs now? I guess Rending Cleave will be better when Wormhole gets nerfed?

As always, keep up the good work. You should definitely stream more, if you ask from me. It's always great to see guide-writers of Icy Veins in action. biggrin.png

Hey Supajee. I always take Rending Cleave. It provides more damage, is easier to use, and gives excellent waveclear. It doesn't really have anything to do with the Wormhole changes, I've been taking it for quite a while.

Thanks for the kind words!

If you use Rending Cleave now why does your guide still say Double bombs?

If you use Rending Cleave now why does your guide still say Double bombs?

Sometimes Blizzard switches the talent order around with patches. I'll make sure this is fixed.

Due to the wormhole change and my arthritis, would assassin's blade at 13 be the best alternative?

Due to the wormhole change and my arthritis, would assassin's blade at 13 be the best alternative?

I can't speak to your arthritis, but Wormhole is still (by far) the better choice.

As always, keep up the good work. You should definitely stream more, if you ask from me. It's always great to see guide-writers of Icy Veins in action. biggrin.png

Hey Supajee. I always take Rending Cleave. It provides more damage, is easier to use, and gives excellent waveclear. It doesn't really have anything to do with the Wormhole changes, I've been taking it for quite a while.

Would you also say Follow Through is still stronger than Void Slash at level 7 despite the synergy with Rending Cleave at level 16? Thanks for a good guide!

As always, keep up the good work. You should definitely stream more, if you ask from me. It's always great to see guide-writers of Icy Veins in action. :D

Would you also say Follow Through is still stronger than Void Slash at level 7 despite the synergy with Rending Cleave at level 16? Thanks for a good guide!

The problem there is that you are giving up 9 levels worth of damage for late game synergy.

Yes, I would. Additionally, the addition that you must be Cloaked to benefit from Void Slash is quite significant. It means you must completely disengage from a fight to utilize it.

it's a great guide, I was going with the cleave build before but now I see ur reasoning of going a burst auto build.

After the nerf to gathering power, all ability damage has been nerfed,

A btw, i also take sustained anomaly at level 4 because it eases W's use a lot.

I don't get that double bombs is not recomended.

Doesn't Zeratul focus on burst? Double bombs triggers Follow Through twice allowing for a strong burst.

Opinions please? smile.png

Doesn't Zeratul focus on burst? Double bombs triggers Follow Through twice allowing for a strong burst.

Double Bombs don't deal that much extra damage. For example, at level 20 they deal only 44 more damage than Cleave with Rending Cleave. But if you hit more than one target with Cleave, you deal more damage. Also as said in the guide, your combo takes more time and this can cause trouble when used with Wormhole.

Double Bombs don't deal that much extra damage. For example, at level 20 they deal only 44 more damage than Cleave with Rending Cleave. But if you hit more than one target with Cleave, you deal more damage. Also as said in the guide, your combo takes more time and this can cause trouble when used with Wormhole.

My god that rank 26 Warsong commander made me laugh so hard '-', and yes rending cleave still better choice, gives addicional aoe, wich Zeratul lacks 

Haven't been playing long, especially Zeratul, but it looks like the summary of tips and tricks might need an update? It mentions using blink, cleave, singularity spike, basic attacks, then wormhole. But the 2 second window for wormhole only seems to allow 1 cleave and 1 basic attack.

So if using blink as a gap closer, you recommended skill rotation would be blink, cleave, basic attack, wormhole, singularity spike?

Haven't been playing long, especially Zeratul, but it looks like the summary of tips and tricks might need an update? It mentions using blink, cleave, singularity spike, basic attacks, then wormhole. But the 2 second window for wormhole only seems to allow 1 cleave and 1 basic attack.

So if using blink as a gap closer, you recommended skill rotation would be blink, cleave, basic attack, wormhole, singularity spike?

You should still have time to use all of your abilities. Blink in, use Singularity Spike, Cleave, and them Wormhole out, using as many Basic Attacks as possible in between.

if you use wormhole, won't the warp blade mastery become useless after you get wormhole? it would take a combo of wormhole in, basic attack, cleave, attack, anomaly, attack and then wormhole out for it to actually kick in, and i'm not sure it's possible in the 2 second time frame.

if you use wormhole, won't the warp blade mastery become useless after you get wormhole? it would take a combo of wormhole in, basic attack, cleave, attack, anomaly, attack and then wormhole out for it to actually kick in, and i'm not sure it's possible in the 2 second time frame.

That depends on how often wormhole is being used to get in and get out, as opposed to getting a gank.

Thanks for this info though Srey. I did forget that abilities will overrule the basic attack cooldown to fit in more damage. So today after testing, I can basic attack, cleave, basic attack, and singularity spike before needing to use wormhole. I figured using cleave before s.s. in the rotation would be wise that way my cleave is off of cooldown faster?

I was also going to ask, about how often do you find yourself using wormhole in a match? 50% of the time? I can't really find any new youtube videos of Zeratul with the wormhole talent after it was nerfed to 2 sec.

Hi!

I don't quite understand your choice of MWB (and perhaps by that measure, FT). The description says every third consecutive basic attack deals the extra damage. Your wormhole combo works like this = E, Q, attack, W, attack, E. So there isn't a third consecutive attack here. Nor is there likely to be, as you will be in a completely different position on the second E. 

Is the description wrong on MWB, or am I missing something else?

Cheers!

Hi!

I don't quite understand your choice of MWB (and perhaps by that measure, FT). The description says every third consecutive basic attack deals the extra damage. Your wormhole combo works like this = E, Q, attack, W, attack, E. So there isn't a third consecutive attack here. Nor is there likely to be, as you will be in a completely different position on the second E. 

Is the description wrong on MWB, or am I missing something else?

Cheers!

I do E -> Attack -> Q --> Attack -> W --> Attack (3rd strike) -> E

- Gotta be insanely fast tho and it's likely you will lose your wormhole back.

Worm hole is effective and all, but if you are stunned then that talent becomes your death. I say if you are playing against talented players who would most likely be looking out of zeratul's initiation then take it otherwise go assassin's blades

Basically what I do is e>ba>q>ba>ba>e then throw in a s.s. if I can after at a distance

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead