FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
danielolobo

Fury Warrior Help - help me not get kicked out of my guild

Hi there!

I am posting as I am at my wits end with my DPS. I'm playing a TG Fury warrior. My DPS has been lacking, (on Gruul it's great, 91% percentile for my ilvl but that's the only fight it's great on)

I've been using Ovale's spell priority add-on, in addition to following the icy veins fury guide. 

Here's my armory, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Gromholl/simple

Ask Mr Robot Logs: 

The fury warrior in my guid who does Leet dps,

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you.

Edited by danielolobo

Would it be possible for you to get those logs up on Warcraft logs?  It is far easier to see what is going on there, especially getting to the root of the problem (ie: lining up cd's, being enraged at proper time).

Spell flash/priority type addons are nice to start with, but after a certain point, they only go so far.  I would take a look at tappie's WeakAuras posted here if you have not, and started going that route, and then customize them to fit you as needed.  Why?  Because typically priority addos will tell you what to hit as priority, but that won't make the cut.  Say, recklessness is off CD, but I know adds are coming shortly for a bladestorm.  Maybe hold that a bit.  Granted, you said you followed icy-veins priority, which would allow for that, but those WA give a better view for that than a spell flash.  And then make sure to be enraged when dumping (Bladestorm, execute fury dump, etc).  But these types of things are much easier to pick out on Warcraftlogs than AMR, and those are what will make a big difference in DPS.

as long as your logs are publicly available we'll find em don't worry wink.png

I'll go over your logs in a moment but from just glancing at those askmrrobot logs it looks like a gear problem more than anything else though.

I'll let you know wink.png

Edit:

Owkey, So I'm going to attribute most of your dps problem to your sheer lack of gear plain and simple.

There is a lot of room for improvement in your play but nothing that will dramatically increase your dps.

Not having 690 ring alone is a gigantic dps loss in and off itself. Combine that with low-lvl weapons and low crit leaves you with only so much you can do.

Also, I'd like to point out that you shouldn't be idolising that other warrior in your guild because he has a lot of room for improvement himself.

Sure he does way better damage but he also has way better gear.

But here goes a massive wall of text.

If you can find the courage to make it to the bottom hopefully you'll have a better time in your next raid :)

Ok I'm gonna go over some fights, pick a log and go over your mistakes and/or things you can (should) improve.

Gruul:

You're an Orc and you have the maidens trinket.

Your racial and trinket both have a 2 minute CD.

If you spec for anger management on Gruul your Recklessness CD should roughly be just over 2 minutes. (see where I'm going with this)

Also I'd advice you to spec for Avatar on Gruul mainly because Bloodbath only does very high damage if your executes do mongo damage (which requires gear).

Avatar has exactly half the CD of reck (and also gets reduced with AM) so use your 2nd avatar INSTANTLY when it comes back off CD so that the 3rd avatar aligns perfectly with your 2nd Reck.

Once Recklessness comes off CD again you should wait for everything else to be off cd as well if it isn't.

(Meaning don't blow reck instantly if you have 5 seconds left on Avatar, wait for it then)

When you have Reck, Avatar and Trinket off CD again (hopefully just over 2 minutes into the fight) blow them all at the same time again and continue.

It depends on your guild's DPS but your 4th Avatar is probably the one coming off CD during execute phase.

Try to use Avatar and your Strenght pot at the same time.

Even if Gruul is already at 15% or lower... it's seriously worth waiting to combine them.

And lastly, keep using your Bloodsurge procs even on execute phase...

Using reck when you have less than 30 Rage isn't really worth it and it's defo not worth doing a crappy execute over 2 free wild strikes!

Flamebender:

On this one play with Bladestorm, Dragon Roar and Ravager.

You can use all 3 of these abilities on pull but save the 2nd ones for the dogs.

3rd time you can again use them on the boss, 4th time keep them for wolves again.

(If you use these abilities on time it should time out almost perfectly with the wolves spawning)

You're probably going to use your 2nd reck together with your 3rd bladestorm and Ravager.

Do try to position yourself in such a way that you can storm the 2 wolves and the boss.

If that's not possible just storm the Big wolf and the boss I suppose.

Once storm is over keep using 1 WW and 1 Raging blow on the big wolf while standing close enough to the boss for Raging Blow to cleave on both targets.

There is something scummy you can do here to increase your dps a bit but it's kinda lame. (but then again if you really need to prove your dps I guess you can go for it <_<)

Once the big wolf goes down normally melee switch to the small wolf to help finish it off.

Instead you could keep spamming execute on the already dead wolf.

It's pointless DPS and I wouldn't recommend doing it but if it's a case of 'do good dps or gtfo my guild' then by all means go for it :P

For the rest there isn't anything special you can do here.

Depending on how the boss goes down you could use your 2nd strenght pot when reckstorming the wolves.

It'll increase your dps quite a bit but if the boss isn't anywhere close to execute phase it's probably not worth using the 2nd pot then.

Kromog:

Spec Bladestorm for this one as well.

Kromog is one of those fights that is an absolute nightmare for warriors...

Can't stand behind the boss and there's almost nothing to cleave which means that you'll be doing the lowest DPS out of any class unless you can scum your DPS hardcore (which luckily you can <_<)

On the hands phase you can position yourself in the center of the raid and bladestorm like there's no tomorrow.

Your warrior guildy seems to do it as well so be very careful with double bladestorming because you WILL kill half your raid if you guys are close to each other.

The first hands phase is 1 minute into the fight so I would recommend saving your trinket for that part. (meaning don't blow it at the start)

If you REALLY want to you cooooould save Reck as well but just know that reck + maidens trinket + bladestorm turns the hands into paper...

Sure, you'll do well over 200k dps at that point but you'll kill half the raid so :D hehe

Other than bladestorming try to throw your Ravager in the middle of a pack of hands that you aren't bladestorming.

Storm + Ravager will guaranteed kill the hands while Kromog is still stomping.

Blast Furnace:

It looks like you're on the side where the foreman isn't being tanked...

Ask your guild to put you on the other side.

Foreman is too big of a dps increase for warriors to put you on the easy side...

In fact, it's completely stupid that your guild wouldn't put all their warriors on the foreman side...

Your spec here seems fine.

I usually play with Ravager instead of AM but that's mostly because of how our guild does this one.

Speccing AM is absolutely fine but if you do you have to keep using your trinket together with reck.

It's totally not worth blowing that trinket without either reck or bladestorm. (ideally both)

In fact, I would almost never use that trinket at all if you're not planning on storming.

Multistrike increases the damage of bladestorm too much to not combine them.

Also play with Glyph of Rude interruption.

It's a flat 6% damage increase that you can keep up almost 100% of the fight if you want to.

Especially when you're on the side with Foreman and can interrupt his Pyroclasm, as well as the Repairs from the Engineers.

Other than that you can interrupt the Slags and the Firecallers the entire 2nd and 3rd phase to keep that 6% buff rolling at all times.

My advice is to use a focus target macro to make it easy for you.

(# showtooltip /cast [@focus] Pummel; Pummel)

As soon as the fight starts your tank is running with the Foreman to the Bellows Operator.

So at the start, charge the Foreman, Use BT (pray it crits) and start sort of running towards the Operator while still nuking the Foreman a little bit.

Once the foreman starts moving throw your Ravager (if you have it) so that it hits both the foreman and the Operator.

Then bladestorm and continue with your rotation as normal.

If you specced for Ravager and you use it at the start they should come off CD just as the 2nd Operator spawns along with a couple of new adds.

When that happens, refresh your Enrage buff, (maybe attempt to refresh rude interruption if it's about to expire) and bladestorm away my warrior friend!

As for phase 2, the timing will depend on your guild but normally Phase 2 will start you get your 3rd bladestorm and Ravager along with your trinket.

As the tanks are moving all the adds together into 1 massive pack, look at your CDs.

If you can use them all together then by all means blow your 2nd strenght pot and Bladestorm like you've never bladestormed before!

This exact point in time will allow you to do absolutely disgusting dps if you can trinket, pot, storm.

The remainder of the fight speaks for itself.

Interrupt whenever you can, and whirlwind raging blow to cleave as much as you can.

Usually during the 2nd phase I let the ranged worry about the Slags and focus on the Security guards until the slag explodes and you go HAM on the Primal Elementalist.

Phase 3 is nothing special.

Only advice I have for you here is to stand close to a slag elemental and keep focus interrupting him to refresh your rude interruption buff.

If you really want to scum your dps on this phase you could WW and Raging Blow, cleaving the boss and a slag but that's up to you.

I never recommend doing it but seeing how many people keep doing worthless dps in raids, why shouldn't you?

Blackhand:

It's been discussed before and it's sadly true.

This boss is as anti-warrior as it can get.

There are no tips or tricks here, only pain.

Best bet is to spec Avatar and Anger Management and hope no one notices that you're not going up the balcony during the 2nd phase.

I hate this boss so much... >:(

Beastlord:

Since you're playing with 2 warriors your damage won't be mind blowing but still.

On heroic adds spawn around 1 minute or so I believe?

It varies a little bit but it's probably not a terrible idea to grab Ravager anyway.

As soon as the pack beasts spawn focus all your attention on them and nothing else.

Throw Ravager down and bladestorm the shit out of these suckers every time they spawn.

Bladestorm on the pack beasts will eventually be more than half of your total dps. (yes storm does THAT much damage)

Outside of the packbeasts you can always position yourself in such a way that you can always cleave down a spear with WW and RB.

There's not much to this fight tbh.

Just remember that as soon as the boss spawns the pack beasts, you get over there and storm like a maniac!

Ok that's all for now (my fingers hurt)

I know it's a lot to take in but warrior isn't an easy class to play :P

Overall warrior dps isn't amazing so most of our dps increases come from (somewhat) useless damage and exploiting the fact that Bladestorm does retarded damage.

But in the end, your gear is pretty lack luster so even though this scary wall of text will help you here and there, you can only do so much with the gear that you have.

Good luck dude!

Let us know if you need more help ;)

Edited by Amputate

Can I gift you an in game pet or something?

Thank you so much. My guild had been ranking my dps by my iLVL to other warriors on warcraft logs. It's unfortunately too late, I'm no longer able to raid with them as fury. which really bums me out.

I love all of these suggestions, I've taken away a few things. It seems fury damage is super dependent on blowing CDs at the exact moment. 

Also I'm three abrogator stones from the next ring level! 

I played ENH shaman a long time (BC/WOTLK) and I actually switch to prot warrior because I found Enh too easy. Now I've switched to fury and holy crap it's hard.

Also, I'm assuming I should change my bloodfury/bloodthirst macro, and instead keep them separate? Save bloodfury for my trinket? (make a trinket/bloodfury macro)?

Thank you so much. I really appreciate this.

as long as your logs are publicly available we'll find em don't worry wink.png

I'll go over your logs in a moment but from just glancing at those askmrrobot logs it looks like a gear problem more than anything else though.

I'll let you know wink.png

Edit:

Owkey, So I'm going to attribute most of your dps problem to your sheer lack of gear plain and simple.

There is a lot of room for improvement in your play but nothing that will dramatically increase your dps.

Not having 690 ring alone is a gigantic dps loss in and off itself. Combine that with low-lvl weapons and low crit leaves you with only so much you can do.

Also, I'd like to point out that you shouldn't be idolising that other warrior in your guild because he has a lot of room for improvement himself.

Sure he does way better damage but he also has way better gear.

But here goes a massive wall of text.

If you can find the courage to make it to the bottom hopefully you'll have a better time in your next raid smile.png

Ok I'm gonna go over some fights, pick a log and go over your mistakes and/or things you can (should) improve.

Gruul:

You're an Orc and you have the maidens trinket.

Your racial and trinket both have a 2 minute CD.

If you spec for anger management on Gruul your Recklessness CD should roughly be just over 2 minutes. (see where I'm going with this)

Also I'd advice you to spec for Avatar on Gruul mainly because Bloodbath only does very high damage if your executes do mongo damage (which requires gear).

Avatar has exactly half the CD of reck (and also gets reduced with AM) so use your 2nd avatar INSTANTLY when it comes back off CD so that the 3rd avatar aligns perfectly with your 2nd Reck.

Once Recklessness comes off CD again you should wait for everything else to be off cd as well if it isn't.

(Meaning don't blow reck instantly if you have 5 seconds left on Avatar, wait for it then)

When you have Reck, Avatar and Trinket off CD again (hopefully just over 2 minutes into the fight) blow them all at the same time again and continue.

It depends on your guild's DPS but your 4th Avatar is probably the one coming off CD during execute phase.

Try to use Avatar and your Strenght pot at the same time.

Even if Gruul is already at 15% or lower... it's seriously worth waiting to combine them.

And lastly, keep using your Bloodsurge procs even on execute phase...

Using reck when you have less than 30 Rage isn't really worth it and it's defo not worth doing a crappy execute over 2 free wild strikes!

Flamebender:

On this one play with Bladestorm, Dragon Roar and Ravager.

You can use all 3 of these abilities on pull but save the 2nd ones for the dogs.

3rd time you can again use them on the boss, 4th time keep them for wolves again.

(If you use these abilities on time it should time out almost perfectly with the wolves spawning)

You're probably going to use your 2nd reck together with your 3rd bladestorm and Ravager.

Do try to position yourself in such a way that you can storm the 2 wolves and the boss.

If that's not possible just storm the Big wolf and the boss I suppose.

Once storm is over keep using 1 WW and 1 Raging blow on the big wolf while standing close enough to the boss for Raging Blow to cleave on both targets.

There is something scummy you can do here to increase your dps a bit but it's kinda lame. (but then again if you really need to prove your dps I guess you can go for it dry.png)

Once the big wolf goes down normally melee switch to the small wolf to help finish it off.

Instead you could keep spamming execute on the already dead wolf.

It's pointless DPS and I wouldn't recommend doing it but if it's a case of 'do good dps or gtfo my guild' then by all means go for it tongue.png

For the rest there isn't anything special you can do here.

Depending on how the boss goes down you could use your 2nd strenght pot when reckstorming the wolves.

It'll increase your dps quite a bit but if the boss isn't anywhere close to execute phase it's probably not worth using the 2nd pot then.

Kromog:

Spec Bladestorm for this one as well.

Kromog is one of those fights that is an absolute nightmare for warriors...

Can't stand behind the boss and there's almost nothing to cleave which means that you'll be doing the lowest DPS out of any class unless you can scum your DPS hardcore (which luckily you can dry.png)

On the hands phase you can position yourself in the center of the raid and bladestorm like there's no tomorrow.

Your warrior guildy seems to do it as well so be very careful with double bladestorming because you WILL kill half your raid if you guys are close to each other.

The first hands phase is 1 minute into the fight so I would recommend saving your trinket for that part. (meaning don't blow it at the start)

If you REALLY want to you cooooould save Reck as well but just know that reck + maidens trinket + bladestorm turns the hands into paper...

Sure, you'll do well over 200k dps at that point but you'll kill half the raid so biggrin.png hehe

Other than bladestorming try to throw your Ravager in the middle of a pack of hands that you aren't bladestorming.

Storm + Ravager will guaranteed kill the hands while Kromog is still stomping.

Blast Furnace:

It looks like you're on the side where the foreman isn't being tanked...

Ask your guild to put you on the other side.

Foreman is too big of a dps increase for warriors to put you on the easy side...

In fact, it's completely stupid that your guild wouldn't put all their warriors on the foreman side...

Your spec here seems fine.

I usually play with Ravager instead of AM but that's mostly because of how our guild does this one.

Speccing AM is absolutely fine but if you do you have to keep using your trinket together with reck.

It's totally not worth blowing that trinket without either reck or bladestorm. (ideally both)

In fact, I would almost never use that trinket at all if you're not planning on storming.

Multistrike increases the damage of bladestorm too much to not combine them.

Also play with Glyph of Rude interruption.

It's a flat 6% damage increase that you can keep up almost 100% of the fight if you want to.

Especially when you're on the side with Foreman and can interrupt his Pyroclasm, as well as the Repairs from the Engineers.

Other than that you can interrupt the Slags and the Firecallers the entire 2nd and 3rd phase to keep that 6% buff rolling at all times.

My advice is to use a focus target macro to make it easy for you.

(# showtooltip /cast [@focus] Pummel; Pummel)

As soon as the fight starts your tank is running with the Foreman to the Bellows Operator.

So at the start, charge the Foreman, Use BT (pray it crits) and start sort of running towards the Operator while still nuking the Foreman a little bit.

Once the foreman starts moving throw your Ravager (if you have it) so that it hits both the foreman and the Operator.

Then bladestorm and continue with your rotation as normal.

If you specced for Ravager and you use it at the start they should come off CD just as the 2nd Operator spawns along with a couple of new adds.

When that happens, refresh your Enrage buff, (maybe attempt to refresh rude interruption if it's about to expire) and bladestorm away my warrior friend!

As for phase 2, the timing will depend on your guild but normally Phase 2 will start you get your 3rd bladestorm and Ravager along with your trinket.

As the tanks are moving all the adds together into 1 massive pack, look at your CDs.

If you can use them all together then by all means blow your 2nd strenght pot and Bladestorm like you've never bladestormed before!

This exact point in time will allow you to do absolutely disgusting dps if you can trinket, pot, storm.

The remainder of the fight speaks for itself.

Interrupt whenever you can, and whirlwind raging blow to cleave as much as you can.

Usually during the 2nd phase I let the ranged worry about the Slags and focus on the Security guards until the slag explodes and you go HAM on the Primal Elementalist.

Phase 3 is nothing special.

Only advice I have for you here is to stand close to a slag elemental and keep focus interrupting him to refresh your rude interruption buff.

If you really want to scum your dps on this phase you could WW and Raging Blow, cleaving the boss and a slag but that's up to you.

I never recommend doing it but seeing how many people keep doing worthless dps in raids, why shouldn't you?

Blackhand:

It's been discussed before and it's sadly true.

This boss is as anti-warrior as it can get.

There are no tips or tricks here, only pain.

Best bet is to spec Avatar and Anger Management and hope no one notices that you're not going up the balcony during the 2nd phase.

I hate this boss so much... >sad.png

Beastlord:

Since you're playing with 2 warriors your damage won't be mind blowing but still.

On heroic adds spawn around 1 minute or so I believe?

It varies a little bit but it's probably not a terrible idea to grab Ravager anyway.

As soon as the pack beasts spawn focus all your attention on them and nothing else.

Throw Ravager down and bladestorm the shit out of these suckers every time they spawn.

Bladestorm on the pack beasts will eventually be more than half of your total dps. (yes storm does THAT much damage)

Outside of the packbeasts you can always position yourself in such a way that you can always cleave down a spear with WW and RB.

There's not much to this fight tbh.

Just remember that as soon as the boss spawns the pack beasts, you get over there and storm like a maniac!

Ok that's all for now (my fingers hurt)

I know it's a lot to take in but warrior isn't an easy class to play tongue.png

Overall warrior dps isn't amazing so most of our dps increases come from (somewhat) useless damage and exploiting the fact that Bladestorm does retarded damage.

But in the end, your gear is pretty lack luster so even though this scary wall of text will help you here and there, you can only do so much with the gear that you have.

Good luck dude!

Let us know if you need more help wink.png

Can I gift you an in game pet or something?

Thank you so much. My guild had been ranking my dps by my iLVL to other warriors on warcraft logs. It's unfortunately too late, I'm no longer able to raid with them as fury. which really bums me out.

I love all of these suggestions, I've taken away a few things. It seems fury damage is super dependent on blowing CDs at the exact moment. 

Also I'm three abrogator stones from the next ring level! 

I played ENH shaman a long time (BC/WOTLK) and I actually switch to prot warrior because I found Enh too easy. Now I've switched to fury and holy crap it's hard.

Also, I'm assuming I should change my bloodfury/bloodthirst macro, and instead keep them separate? Save bloodfury for my trinket? (make a trinket/bloodfury macro)?

Thank you so much. I really appreciate this.

Well that's your guild's loss wink.png

A player who's willing to improve himself is worth far more than players who play the flavor of the month class and faceroll Skada.

As for the Bloodfury tongue.png

I would probably make a macro to include it in multiple things.

Like, make 1 for trinket + bloodfury and make 1 for Reck + bloodfury.

That way you can be certain that it'll be used smile.png

You do want to put that ability somewhere on your bars though so you can at least track it's cooldown.

edit:

Another thing that I had to learn myself is to sometimes save Berzerker Rage.

When Avatar is about to come off cd for example you kinda want to have BR as well because if you use Avatar and BT refuses to crit (like it always does... damn PoS) you'll feel terrible when rocking major CDs without being enraged tongue.png

Edited by Amputate

Hey again!

So I've been doing as you've said, but I'm still on hitting 70% of TG Warriors for my iLVL, I'm going to try and get some logs uploaded so you can take a look. I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I've been severely paying attention to lining up all my CDs with bladestorm. 

My goal is to consistently hit 90% DPS output for my ilvl.

Also, does single minded fury rely less on bursty/CD damage? I was thinking of maybe trying that.

Both 1h and 2h work exactly the same tongue.png

And getting 90%+ isn't always what your goal should be tbh.

On fights like gruul sure, go for it, but on other fights you can easily boost your dps for the logs but you're killing your raid while you're doing it.

Take kromog for example.

Sure you could reck trinket and bladestorm on hands, but if you kill the hands too soon and your entire raid goes because of your dps whoring then it wasn't worth it tongue.png

The percentages on logs are not really something you should take too seriously tbh.

There's fights like beastlord where a warrior can bladestorm his way to 75k dps without even trying, but if in that same raid there's 2 warlocks and fire mages destroying the adds as you bladestorm you might be struggling to reach 50k.

And that's especially true on heroic where most of the adds have almost no HP and vaporize in a matter of seconds because people overgeard the encounters.

The only way you can ever achieve 95%+ rankings on logs is if your guild allows you to cheese your dps to such a degree that you reach number you realistically shouldn't be getting.

Lots of people are doing that just to pad their logs and that's also why the 90% bracket is a bit dodgy sometimes.

In higher tier guilds people care very little about the % you get on your logs.

A while back we had a resto shaman apply to my old guild.

He was world #1 resto on certain fights and made sure to point that out multiple times on his application.

That sounds impressive on paper but when we looked into those logs we found that him and his friends would constantly take damage on purpose just so he could chain heal for days reaching a HPS that he shouldn't be getting which is why he got declined :P

Edited by Amputate

ah thanks again, I guess I'm obsessing about it because it's what my guild held me to, and it's what the other fury warrior was consistently hitting (the one I referenced). It's killing me to be in the last place for DPS while everyone else is consistently at 35K.