UnknownHarry

Only 50k dps in raid

7 posts in this topic

Hello every one,

if i'm in a raid i only do 50k dps max as a fire mage.

so my question is what do i do rong because i see other mage's (arcane, fire or frost) get way better dps.

My talents:

Presence of Mind

Ice Barrier

Ring of Frost

Greater Invisibility

Living Bomb

Invocation

My glyphs:

fire blast

combustion

Evocation

Mirror image

See gear and other information.

http://eu.battle.net...cision/advanced

Plz can some tell me wehat i do rong?

Some specific fight u do 50k DPS or every fights? Oo

I do 50k dps overall some fights more than 50k some fight lesser than 50k

Do you have any logs on world of logs that we could see? It would really help to see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong.

If WoW Heroes is correct then I assume you're talking about LFR.

First thing to do would be to pay a visit to Mr Robot and hit the optimise button.

As for competing against other mages, is their gear comparable to yours? Are they flasking/eating food? Not that it's needed in LFR but would help their dps to be higher if you are not doing the same.

That said, at your gear level you should be doing more than 50k on most of the fights in Mogu'shan Vaults. Pre-casting is important, i.e. start casting that next fireball before the current one has completed, make full use of Heating up (ensuring you have Living Bomb up), Pyro! procs and don't forget about Alter time. If you're moving about a lot then maybe drop Presence of Mind for Scorch so you can always be casting.

Edited by Aastarius
1 person likes this

As a fire mage, you should be speccing into crit rating straight after you've reached the hit cap. I see that you're .58% over the hit rating cap, which is a bit much. Download reforgelite, or use Mr Robot as stated above, and ensure that you're as little over the cap as possible.

While many will state otherwise, I personally find invocation to be a burden, and I find Rune of Power/Incanter's Ward very useful for certain fights (eg Rune of Power on Feng, as not much mobility is needed, and Incanter's Ward on Stoneguard, as damage is rather predictable on the fight). Invocation can make mana management a pain for novice users. As stated above, you should be interchanging your talents for specific fights, as this can mean a lot.

Ensure that you're constantly on top of your rotation, pre-casting spells, and ensuring that you don't miss out on a global cooldown. A world of logs will be very helpful to see what you're doing here, as >50k is standard on most raid encounters at the moment. :)

1 person likes this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• [Thrall][H]<Ascendency> HFC Heroic 12/13 LF Heals & Melee Dps
      By Esabeth
      Ascendency is a guild comprised of sociable, mature players who strive for teamwork, camaraderie and enjoyment of the game as we prevail over the foes of the land from current and past perils. Our goal is to conquer PVE content as a synergic team and attain various epic deeds. Be a place where members can find a home and not just be a warm body.   Guild Name: Ascendency Faction: Horde Server/timezone: Thrall-PvE, Eastern Time Raid Times: 8:30-10 pm EST/Server Time Raid Schedule: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays Loot: Personal Member Type: Adult (21+) Working class w/full time jobs Voice Service: Ventrilo   Progression: We have been progressing through Normal raids, however we have added Heroic progression for a little more challenge. Although most members are not heroic experience, we like everyone to progression with a calm and mature atmosphere, but that won't mean that we don't get bosses down. We make sure we learn something from our progression. Please do not expect a Mystic raid from us, as we do not like to go as far to thinking hardcore. We believe it will not bring a pleasant and mature progression, so we'd like to stick with what we do.   Recruiting: We do not pressure our members to play what is needed for our raid team, however there will be certain roles that will not be recruited (Tanks mainly). However we like that our members play the class they enjoy playing, so there is no pressure or trouble to decide a role/class just for our raid team.    We accept all classes and specs as Social member. However, we are having a heal role issue and in need to recruit a 3rd dedicated healer for our raid progression. unfortunately Disc priest and Resto Druid we do not need, as we have them both, so please do not ask a room for one. We are also searching for a melee dps as well, preferably a Rogue, Feral Druid or WW Monk. Unfortunately we are full on Ret pallies and warriors.    We are currently in Heroic Hellfire Citadel Progression, 12/13, hoping to go after Archimonde for everyone to get their moose mount before the Prepatch.    Please know that we do not like anyone with an attitude towards anyone. We like for everyone to be themselves but also respect each other. In short: no drama or trouble. We like to keep our guild laid back and for everyone to enjoy the game in our guild.    We also have an age policy: ages 21+.    -What we have on our Raid Team- Warriors: We have a Tank and a fury Death Knights: We have 1, but are welcoming more Paladins: We have 2 dps and a tank. A Holy Paladin will be needed. Monks: We are welcoming monks as well, either a mistweaver (3rd) Heals or WW dps Priests: We have a Disc Healer as our 2nd dedicate healer and 2 Shadow priests, but are welcoming a holy for 3rd Shamans: We are in need of a Resto and/or Elemental! Druids: We have our resto Druid as our 1st dedicate healer, but we welcome feral or boomkin dps Rogues: We have none as our rogue switched to our 2nd Tank, so we are welcoming rogues as well Mages: We have 1 dedicated mage, and more are welcomed Warlocks: We have 1 dedicated raider, and will accept another Hunters: We have 1 dedicated raider, and will accept another Casual Raiders and Non-Raiders are all welcome to join! We accept Social people and Raiders! We understand that our members have full time jobs and have limited time as we raid for a short hour and we do not pressure non raiders to participate for raid nights. If anyone would like to raid, we make sure to open our raid schedules in the calendar for people to sign up and communicated with our Raid Leaders.
        Monthly Events and other Activities: We like to do monthly events for everyone to have fun, other then raid nights, even for non raiders. Transmog Contests are very common that we do. Open ideas or anything new anyone thinks of trying for a different event will be optional.   We often like to see members group up for dungeons or group quests, timewalking, etc.   Guild Communication: The guild has a paid web site, facebook page and a twitter account enabling members to socialize and stay informed with the latest and greatest. The website is our primary location to keep up with happenings of the guild.   We often use Vent to communicate with other members. We don't like drama and trouble, so we like to keep the guild laid back and sociable for everyone to enjoy the game and have fun.   http://ascendency.guildlaunch.com/ Twitter: Ascendencyguild   Contact Any of our Officers: Esabeth#1634 Feorne#1606
    • [PLAYER][H] Neurosìs (12/13M) Blood DK
      By Chronicfury
      US HORDE 743 12/13 MYTHIC TANK IN SEARCH OF MYTHIC RAID TEAM
      Available
      Weekdays 5pm EST - 10pm EST
      Friday evening, Saturday, and/or early Sunday.
      5pm EST Friday - 10pm EST Sunday
      795 ring
      Self sustaining heals - doesn't die
      Reliable and punctual - always shows never misses raid
      Playing since vanilla - never quit
      Dedicated to raiding progression and guildies
      Crossrealm welcome
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/1092156/latest/
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Neurosìs/simple
      Contact Chronicfury#1416
    • [Trollbane][H] <Penance Reborn> (11/13N) All Roles
      By Imortalfrost
      Our goal is Full clearing heroics and pushing into mythics.
      Starting on normal going into heroic HFC. Tuesdays and Fridays 8pm est to 11pm est.  Current progression 11/13n.
      We are recruiting the following:
      Plate Tank
      Paladin healer
      DK dps
      Boomkin dps
      Shaman dps
      Warlock dps
      Hunter dps
      Paladin dps
      What We Expect Out of Our Recruits:
      First, we expect our recruits to know their class fairly well. They should also have a good grasp of the encounters. Knowledge is power as the saying goes.
      Second, we expect almost perfect attendance and punctuality from our recruits. Recruits can miss 1-2 days out of the month. They shouldn't be late though, we strive to start raid at 8:00 on the dot.
      Third, we expect our recruits to be able to take criticism without making a fuss. We won't ever attack recruits for making mistakes, but we will politely let them know of their blunders.
      Finally, our guild/raid chat can get spicy sometimes, its very adult oriented, we expect our recruits to be a to handle our conversations and not become offended.
      Addons we require:
      RClootcouncil
      Vent
      DBM
      Exorsus Raid Tools
      Please feel free to add <imortalfrost#1537> for questions and apply at www.penancereborn.com
    • [Ravencrest][A] <Versatile> (1/13M) dps & healers
      By Boxxyqt
      Versatile - Ravencrest EU - Alliance.

With a long history of high end raiding behind us, Versatile has come together again to carve out yet another path with the lofty intentions of obtaining more than we previously have!

Our guild experience varies from server firsts and current content hard-modes, as well as older content, from Ahn’Qiraj to Sunwell, from Ulduar to A tribute to Insanity to HC Lich King, so on and so forth. We will be doing Mythic Raiding, we will be cleaning up HFC and Archi before Legion drops, and then we will be plowing our way even further through the foul demonic invaders!

As a guild, Versatile is looking for like-minded individuals, who have nothing but perfection in mind when it comes to raiding. We have no time, patience or energy to carry, we want each member to play to the very best of their abilities as you will also be playing with the best.

As long as you have previous experience of high end raiding from any other expansion, you may have a place here at Versatile. Though current experience is just as important, we know that every great player starts somewhere, being good is all we really ask for.

This more or less sums up our kind of philosophy, we strive for perfection, while we understand mistakes are made we do not have the time and patience to put up with carries and slackers. If everyone is putting in 100% effort during raids we can knock down each boss, every raid and every guild to rise to the top.

Though this may sound harsh, we are all kind and helpful individuals, we go out of our way to make the ones around us comfortable and happy with the guild environment! We do not put up with bullshit and neither should anyone else, we want what is best for the guild overall and that is to succeed and achieve what we all deserve at the end of the day: Success and phat purples!

If you believe you have the skills that pays those pesky bills and are confident in your raiding abilities, please do not be put off by our take no bullshit-prisoners attitude, we are looking for specific skills and attributes to fill our ranks. We expect at the very least for applying members to be at our skill level and competence.

As of now, since we are a guild coming back together again, we have a roster of 8 highly skilled and dedicated players, though the guild is growing each day with new and fantastic players! Once we have a 10M+ roster we will be clearing HFC HC as a chance to get to know each of the new members and gathering the last bits of gear we need to smash Mythic. We are aiming for a 20 man mythic group with a total of 25 raiders for Legion. We'll be raiding 2 days plus a week, for now Wednesday and Sunday, this may be subject to change in the future.

We have been putting in a lot of hours to get this guild up and running and appreciate every application we get! We know making applications to guilds can be a nerve wracking or difficult experience for some, but persevere through it and get your name out there!

We are currently looking for these classes:

Arms Warrior – 1

Balance Druid – 1

Death Knight – 1

Elemental Shaman – 1

Enhancement Shaman – 1

Feral Druid – 1

Fury Warrior – 1

Holy Paladin – 1

Mage – 2

Mistweaver Monk – 1

Priest – 1

Resto Druid – 1

Resto Shaman – 1

Rogue – 1

Warlock - 2

Visit - http://versatile.gamerlaunch.com/ to apply or…

Throw me a message and we can talk either on the forums or in-game; Btag Callmedeath#2937

• [US-Mal'Ganis][H]<Grimoire Raven> all players
      By GabbaPreston
      Hi! Grimoire Raven is a slightly new guild looking to recruit anyone and everyone who is friendly and looking for a family feel from a guild. We would love to build a strong large guild full of people who want to do events, achievements, raiding, pvp, or even just casual play. We are looking for general guild member and would eventually like to recruit some people who we could trust to keep an eye and lead the guild in the case that the current leaders are busy with any average life things.
      Grimoire Raven is a Horde guild on Mal'Ganis server. All of our events, raiding, etc times are based on Mal'Ganis server time. The 3 current leaders have experience in Draenor raiding. 1 has full cleared normal HFC many times and 2 including myself have cleared normal and heroic. We plan on having a no consequence policy for raiding meaning that if you can't make it on a raid day or honestly aren't feeling up to raiding you can take a break or choose to opt out of raid days with no consequence, however you must consider the progression of the guild and how it can affect the guild, but you won't lose gear or anything if you cannot make it.
      At the moment we plan on being a casual and pvp guild aside from small groups working on dungeons and such. Once Legion arrives we would like a strong group to progression raid for the guild along with one or so of our guild masters. Those who dedicate themselves to raiding are responsible for knowing the fights and bringing in their own experience and help for the raids. In other words do not only take from the guild make sure you equally share and allow for others to have the same privileges as yourself.
      Overall I want my guild to flourish with people who are excited for Legion and have a passion for the game! If you would like to join feel free to contact me on WoW or Battlenet for any questions or inquiries about joining. My battletag is GabbaPreston#1398 and you can send any questions to my mailbox under the character name Oridoril on Mal'Ganis. 
      Thank you for any interests and I hope if my guild isn't for you then you find a great guild for yourself!