UnknownHarry

Only 50k dps in raid

7 posts in this topic

Hello every one,

if i'm in a raid i only do 50k dps max as a fire mage.

so my question is what do i do rong because i see other mage's (arcane, fire or frost) get way better dps.

My talents:

Presence of Mind

Ice Barrier

Ring of Frost

Greater Invisibility

Living Bomb

Invocation

My glyphs:

fire blast

combustion

Evocation

Mirror image

See gear and other information.

http://eu.battle.net...cision/advanced

Plz can some tell me wehat i do rong?

Some specific fight u do 50k DPS or every fights? Oo

I do 50k dps overall some fights more than 50k some fight lesser than 50k

Do you have any logs on world of logs that we could see? It would really help to see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong.

If WoW Heroes is correct then I assume you're talking about LFR.

First thing to do would be to pay a visit to Mr Robot and hit the optimise button.

As for competing against other mages, is their gear comparable to yours? Are they flasking/eating food? Not that it's needed in LFR but would help their dps to be higher if you are not doing the same.

That said, at your gear level you should be doing more than 50k on most of the fights in Mogu'shan Vaults. Pre-casting is important, i.e. start casting that next fireball before the current one has completed, make full use of Heating up (ensuring you have Living Bomb up), Pyro! procs and don't forget about Alter time. If you're moving about a lot then maybe drop Presence of Mind for Scorch so you can always be casting.

Edited by Aastarius
1 person likes this

As a fire mage, you should be speccing into crit rating straight after you've reached the hit cap. I see that you're .58% over the hit rating cap, which is a bit much. Download reforgelite, or use Mr Robot as stated above, and ensure that you're as little over the cap as possible.

While many will state otherwise, I personally find invocation to be a burden, and I find Rune of Power/Incanter's Ward very useful for certain fights (eg Rune of Power on Feng, as not much mobility is needed, and Incanter's Ward on Stoneguard, as damage is rather predictable on the fight). Invocation can make mana management a pain for novice users. As stated above, you should be interchanging your talents for specific fights, as this can mean a lot.

Ensure that you're constantly on top of your rotation, pre-casting spells, and ensuring that you don't miss out on a global cooldown. A world of logs will be very helpful to see what you're doing here, as >50k is standard on most raid encounters at the moment. :)

1 person likes this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• [EU-Argent Dawn][A] <Stormguard> HFC: 12/13 M, healers and dps
      By Baes
      Hello fellow raiders!     Stormguard's current progress is 12/13(M) Hellfire Citadel and we are inviting more friends to join us on soon Mythic adventures! Don't forget to bring puns!   Ranged: Druid
      Warlock
      Priest
      Shaman
      Hunter     Who WE are We are Stormguard - a Mythic, semi-hardcore raiding guild that once upon a time moved from Steamwheedle Cartel to Argent Dawn in search of new friends and adventures. We have years of raiding experience and a great atmosphere in our raids that we value a lot, successfully maintain and are very proud of. We appreciate a good joke, friendly banter and even a good pun! We do not, however, tolerate insults, enraging or any display of aggression - if it will occur- it can earn you a boot from the guild.    Who YOU are You are a gentleman,a lady or a cat, who is mature, has raiding experience, polite and has a good attitude. You are not a drama queen/king/cat, whiner or a grumpy dwarf. You are researching your class's tips and tricks and are always up to date with news and changes. You come prepared, repaired and bearing a good joke for the night and are able to listen/talk using our voice communications. Patience and a good sense of humor are crucial!   Since we reside on an RP server, some of our members are RPers and some are not - which means you are not obligated to RP but you may not disturb or insult in any way others that do so. You shall always remember that you represent our guild when you are out in the wilderness or in the cities and shall behave accordingly.     What our GOALS are Stormguards ultimate goal is to clear each current content tier on mythic difficulty while maintaining a good and friendly atmosphere. We raid 3 times per week: Wednesday, Thursday and Monday evenings from 20.00 to 23.00 server time. We do not normally extend over the raid-end time, unless it is the last encounter and it is agreed with all the raid members. We require our members to attend minimum of 85% of the raids.     For SOCIAL members: We are always welcoming social members. To fulfill social member requirements you actually have to be social! Social members are the soul of the guild and we value them as much as our raiders.   How you can FIND us: Please visit and apply at our guild page: http://stormguard.openlogix.se Please register with your ingame character name for faster approval.
    • Legendary Yogg Tempo Mage Standard
      By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Legendary Yogg Tempo Mage Standard deck.
    • [BLOODSCALP][H] <Like A Boss> 13/13H, Ranged DPS & Heals
      By Reikettsu
      Like A Boss - 13/13H Recruiting Ranged DPS and Heals for Mythic progression in Legion.

About us:
      Like A Boss was founded during WotLK by a small group of in real life friends. We are formerly a 10-man Heroic raiding guild that raided throughout WotLK and went on a hiatus during Firelands (Cataclysm). Like A Boss is now back after a 4 year break and we are looking to find more ranged DPS and healers to join us for raiding Mythic content in Legion. We are a semi-hardcore guild, and are looking for dedicated members who are able to make a majority (if not all) of our scheduled raids.

What we are looking for:
      Since our return, we have cleared 13/13 HFC on Heroic mode. We currently have 8 main raiders in our guild and have been utilizing the flexible raids and LFG system to run H HFC as a 15-man raid. We are looking to recruit more members into our guild (and have less PUGs in our raids). At this moment, we are seeking out ranged DPS and healers (prefer monk, druid, or pally) to join our flexible H HFC roster so that we may progress into Mythic raids come Legion.

Additional information and scheduled raids:
      Our raids are on Tues/Wed/Sun from 6:30pm PST till 8:30pm PST. We use Ventrilo for our raids, and our loot system is MS>OS (Master Looter).

If you are interested in our guild or want to know more, please message/add Reikettsu-Bloodscalp orRyozul#1598. For the horde!
    • [Bleeding Hollow-H]<Shifty Casuals> 12/13M Open Recruitment
      By mischievous
      Currently progressing on Mythic Archimonde with pulls sub 20% within the first week of attempts together.

We're looking for exceptional raiders of any class that are ready to jump straight into Mythic HFC. 

About Us: 
      We are a guild, made up of former members of <Red Shift> and <Casually Addicted>, on Bleeding Hollow (PvP Server on a Chicago Datacenter) that have a common goal and will do what is necessary to achieve it. We are Shifty Casuals.
      We are a group of professional adults, who believe success in raiding doesn't correlate to number in days/hours you spend raiding. We are starting a fresh page within our guild history and sticking to a 3 day a week raid schedule.
      We don't tolerate elitism, bigotry, misogyny or any of the like. We enjoy our calm, adult environment and have no qualms with protecting it.
      We do loot council which is fair and distributes loot for the progression of the raid as a whole and not an individual player. No favoritism, no loot drama.
      We have our sights set on top 100 US for Legion and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our ranks.

Raid Days and Times (All times in EST as that is our server time):
      · Tuesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Wednesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Thursday 8:45pm-11:45pm

Who We Want:
      Since we are reforming and building for the expansion now is a great time to get in on the ground floor and clear content with us, while prepping for the new expansion. These are some key traits that we are looking for:
      · Someone who understands that 3 nights a week raiding means that you need to bring your A-game each and every night. Attendance is expected to be near 100%. By committing to raid, you are committing yourself to our raiding schedule.
      · The ability to perform under pressure. We only recruit impressive players, and spots are always competitive.
      · Extensive class knowledge of your class. (IE: Alpha/beta testing, keeping up with theorycrafting, properly gemmed/enchanted, always be up to date on the intricacies of your class (not solely your spec(s)) and on the utility of the entire raid group.)
      · A computer that can handle 20-30 man raiding and the ability to communicate via VOIP when needed. You must have a working headset and mic, and you must be prepared to use them. We will not read chat during boss fights. Inability to give a vocal response will not be tolerated as it directly hinders progression.
      · Tough skin. We're always looking to improve ourselves as should you. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but flaming and insulting is not tolerated whatsoever.

If you have what it takes to be a part of this great team and community, feel free to apply @ http://tinyurl.com/shiftycasualapply or contact any of the officers for additional information.

Contacts:
      Mischievous - Officer - giggles#1351
      Tenss - Guild Master - tenspeed#1198
      Esurient - Co-GM - starvingsun#1436
      Amisti - Officer - amisti#1417