UnknownHarry

Only 50k dps in raid

7 posts in this topic

Hello every one,

if i'm in a raid i only do 50k dps max as a fire mage.

so my question is what do i do rong because i see other mage's (arcane, fire or frost) get way better dps.

My talents:

Presence of Mind

Ice Barrier

Ring of Frost

Greater Invisibility

Living Bomb

Invocation

My glyphs:

fire blast

combustion

Evocation

Mirror image

See gear and other information.

http://eu.battle.net...cision/advanced

Plz can some tell me wehat i do rong?

Some specific fight u do 50k DPS or every fights? Oo

I do 50k dps overall some fights more than 50k some fight lesser than 50k

Do you have any logs on world of logs that we could see? It would really help to see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong.

If WoW Heroes is correct then I assume you're talking about LFR.

First thing to do would be to pay a visit to Mr Robot and hit the optimise button.

As for competing against other mages, is their gear comparable to yours? Are they flasking/eating food? Not that it's needed in LFR but would help their dps to be higher if you are not doing the same.

That said, at your gear level you should be doing more than 50k on most of the fights in Mogu'shan Vaults. Pre-casting is important, i.e. start casting that next fireball before the current one has completed, make full use of Heating up (ensuring you have Living Bomb up), Pyro! procs and don't forget about Alter time. If you're moving about a lot then maybe drop Presence of Mind for Scorch so you can always be casting.

Edited by Aastarius
1 person likes this

As a fire mage, you should be speccing into crit rating straight after you've reached the hit cap. I see that you're .58% over the hit rating cap, which is a bit much. Download reforgelite, or use Mr Robot as stated above, and ensure that you're as little over the cap as possible.

While many will state otherwise, I personally find invocation to be a burden, and I find Rune of Power/Incanter's Ward very useful for certain fights (eg Rune of Power on Feng, as not much mobility is needed, and Incanter's Ward on Stoneguard, as damage is rather predictable on the fight). Invocation can make mana management a pain for novice users. As stated above, you should be interchanging your talents for specific fights, as this can mean a lot.

Ensure that you're constantly on top of your rotation, pre-casting spells, and ensuring that you don't miss out on a global cooldown. A world of logs will be very helpful to see what you're doing here, as >50k is standard on most raid encounters at the moment. :)

1 person likes this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By future
      <Toxin> is looking for members to fill out all roles in the raid teams! We are a laid-back guild whos primary goal is providing a well knit group of raiders who fit into our two raid teams. We have one team that runs on weekends(Sat/Sun 1-4pm PST), and one on weekdays(Tues/Thurs 6-9pm PST). we will be using personal loot as we begin raiding in Legion and request that an 80% attendance be maintained as well. 

Outside of our raid teams we offer an excellent drama free community for your friends and family to join and enjoy the game with us all. As well as a knowledgeable group of players willing to help those who want it. 

If you have any questions feel free to contact our GM at 17hmmorris@gmail.com, our weekend raid leader on b.net(Russ#1411), Our Weekday Raid leader on b.net(Red#13988) or myself on b.net(futuresiinz#1685).

Alternatively you can apply at http://toxinguild.gamerlaunch.com/

Current class wants and and needs are as follows.

Weekdays:
      Paladin: Holy/Ret
      Druid: Feral/Balance
      Priest: Shadow/disc
      Monk: Windwalker
      Shaman: Resto/Ele
      Warrior: None
      Warlock: Any
      Mage: Any
      Rogue: Any
      Hunter: Marks/BM/Surv
      Demon Hunter: Havoc
      Death Knight: Unholy/Frost

Weekends:
      Paladin: Holy/Ret
      Druid: None
      Priest: None
      Monk: None
      Shaman: Resto/Enhance/Ele
      Warrior: Fury/Arms
      Warlock: Any
      Mage: Any
      Rogue: Any
      Hunter: Marks/BM/Surv
      Demon Hunter: None
      Death Knight: Unholy/Frost
    • By Ilduros
      Hello my fellow Demon Hunters,
      I have a small problem/situation that I have to overcome / solve during the first weeks of Legion. I think that there are a couple of people who also have the same problem, so I hope that someone has an answer for me.
      So here's my situation: Me and 4 other friends are going to run heroic + mythic dungeons in the first couple of weeks in Legion together. We are all in the same guild/raid. In this dungeon farming period I am going to tank (V-DH). My plan was to tank in raid content aswell, but unfortunately the raid lead is in no need of tanks and therefore their only offer was a DPS slot in the raid. This was a no brainer to me: Either I'll play solo as a tank in another raid, or I'll play DPS together with my friends in the raid. So now I am studying everything there is about H-DH aswell. One thing which bothers me, and where I haven't found a specific plan for, was how to balance my gear choices so we as a 5 man group can advance in heroics + mythics quickly with me as a tank, without being handicapped (or at least minimize my handicap) as a DPS when the raids start. Please keep in mind that the raid isn't a hardcore progression guild, but plans to do mythic raids early on.

So my question is: How should I farm my gear? Should I run 50% of the time with Havoc Loot turned on (even when I am tanking) and the other 50%? What am I going to do with my artifact weapon? Get both at 13 first, then focussing on my Havoc Artifact weapons? Or just focus on them, since an unskilled Vengeance Artifact weapon might be enough? My goal is to minimize my handicap, have enough gear for my Vengeance spec in order to run all mythic dungeons and at the same time being prepared for the raids as a havoc. Is this even possible?

Kind regards
    • By Fingenn
      Guild: VoA
      Server: Korgath
      Faction: Alliance
      Raid Times: Tues/(Wed or Thurs up for vote) 8-11PM CST (server time) 9PM-12AM EST
      Guild: VoA
      Server: Korgath
      Faction: Alliance
      Raid Times: Tues/(Wed or Thurs up for vote) 8-11PM CST (server time) 9PM-12AM EST
      Current Progression: - <VoA> is currently looking for competitive players for Heroic then Mythic progression for Legion! We are a group of players that have been playing together for years. Casual-Hardcore, being said that means we like to accomplish as much as possible in the time we raid with efficiency. Currently in need of everything to forge a strong group. The guild itself has been around since vanilla and into wrath. Most players were still playing spread out amongst other guilds but we have come back together to experience Legion together. We are all older now, so we get that life happens, but while we are in there for the raid we are focused on the content at hand! Have questions about your class? need help on certain boss mechanics? feel free to ask we are all here to help each other! In raid, or out in the world!
      http://voa-korgath.enjin.com/recruitment
      Current Class Needs:  Right now nothing is out of the question as far as class/spec is concerned. All exceptional players are welcome!
      What we look for in our raiders: Good Attendance Knowledge of your class, spec, gearing choices Willingness to improve with a Positive Attitude.
      Loot: Right now is in revision, with the new changes to personal loot is it a viable option. However if a different method is chosen there will be a poll, more than likely a Loot Council/Attendance reward system.
      We also do alt runs!
      If you're interested please me in WoW Fingenn#1179/Pm me, or ask an officer in guild. Or simply fill out the quick questionnaire at:
      http://voa-korgath.enjin.com/recruitment
    • By clx
      H] <Loot Train> is a newly formed guild of returning veterans with a lot of top 50 US experience looking to re-start progression raiding in Legion.

We are currently focused on quickly establishing a heroic clearing team so that we can move on to mythic raids in Legion. We have all tanking healing and melee DPS roles filled and just need to plug in some great ranged DPS. We are looking for exceptional players with progression raiding experience who know their class and min max there chars.

We raid 2 nights per week and our goal is to progress and clear as much as possible with the time we are allowed. We have high standards and while we understand we are not a world-first pushing guild and while we will work with someone to make them better we do expect strong performance and productivity. We expect you to come prepared for raid being properly informed and knowledgeable of what is to come.

Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday 9-1am EST
      Thursday 9-1am EST
      Monday 8-1am EST (optional alt/carry runs)

Current recruiting needs: (exceptional applicants will always be considered)

DPS:
      5-6 ranged spots available
      1 DPS/situational heal

Heals:
      1 Disc priest
      1 Shaman

If you feel like you would be a good fit with our group, please feel free to submit an application at LTguild.com or contact us via bnet clx#1383 or vayn#1325.

We look forward to hearing from you!

*note the website is still under construction but the application is working.